About Time: IPv6

CyBorg 0091

Jul 18, 2012, 11:05:50 PM7/18/12
Is it possible to run IPv6 with a IPv4 ISP and routers?,just read slashdot and they said IPv4 numbers are finally at a crunch,they said this years ago,anyway i am interested in migrating to IPv6 for the learning curve,will i see any benefits?

About to read whatis IPv6 ...lol

terryc

Jul 19, 2012, 2:06:58 AM7/19/12
On 19/07/12 13:05, CyBorg 0091 wrote:
> Is it possible to run IPv6 with a IPv4 ISP and routers?,just read slashdot and they said IPv4 numbers are finally at a crunch,they said this years ago,anyway i am interested in migrating to IPv6 for the learning curve,will i see any benefits?

If you want to pay for the tunnel to an IPv6 port.
All you can do now is ensure your front door gear is IPv6 capable when
you replace it.

If you really wantto, then move to an ISP that offers IPv6 access.
I infer that it is first being offered to top paying customers who must
have it, aka businesses.

addinall

Aug 5, 2012, 11:04:48 PM8/5/12
TPG have been sending me an IPv6 address for some months.

Cheers,
Mark.