Hyundia S Coupe

Denham

Jul 11, 2001, 5:32:21 AM7/11/01
My gfriend just bough a 1992 S Coupe!
I wanna do it up abit!! Just wanna know how much a power chip for 1 of em
would cost?? the rest of the mods are on the cards very soon

mr_internaldialog

Jul 11, 2001, 7:21:45 AM7/11/01
Can I ask why you would bother? Why not spend the money on a cheap Jap
import instead? Or a Gemini? Or something that is atleast going to be
worth the effort..

Well, thats just what I think.

--
me
----
"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 8:22:56 AM7/11/01
You'd be surprised how well the S-Coupe's actually go. They don't drive
anything like an Excel. My 95 S-Coupe leaves my 97 EL GLi (stock) for dead.
Its faster round corners and faster on take off and acelleration up to
110k's.

Believe me I was in complete shock when my little 1.5lt S-Coupe blew off my
EL. Yes my wife and I dragged each other in the cars. Quite fun really. Next
time I am driveing the S-Coupe.

The only thing not factory on the S-Coupe is the 15" rims and 50 series
tyres.

Brenden

"mr_internaldialog" <inte...@spame.me.not.montag.com.au> wrote in message

Ruley

Jul 11, 2001, 9:14:01 AM7/11/01
*cough* bullshit *cough*

Did you take the caravan from the back of the EL first?? :-)

"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 9:17:34 AM7/11/01
Ok. I live in Cranbourne. I am willing to let you drive my EL (you bend you
mend deal) and I'll drive the S-Coupe. You'll be shocked to see the Hyndai
will win. It's gear lower and will get to 110k's quicker than a 6 cyl auto
EL GLi.

Brenden

"Ruley" <sp...@spma.org> wrote in message

George B

Jul 11, 2001, 10:40:54 AM7/11/01
fuck the power chip

a 1.6 litre 4g61 turbo cyborg r engine will bolt straight up to your gearbox
as will a vr4 4g63b 2 litre turbo

M@W8

Jul 11, 2001, 7:37:58 PM7/11/01

> Ok. I live in Cranbourne. I am willing to let you drive my EL (you bend
you
> mend deal) and I'll drive the S-Coupe. You'll be shocked to see the Hyndai
> will win. It's gear lower and will get to 110k's quicker than a 6 cyl auto
> EL GLi.

Correction "will get to 110k's quicker than YOUR 6 cyl auto EL GLi."

Sounds like your EL needs some work... I don't suppose you actually timed
them both??

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 7:40:11 PM7/11/01
Too busy driving them to time them.

Brenden

"M@W8" <matt@i_dont_want_spam.com> wrote in message

M@W8

Jul 11, 2001, 7:41:36 PM7/11/01
"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message
> My gfriend just bough a 1992 S Coupe!
> I wanna do it up abit!! Just wanna know how much a power chip for 1 of em
> would cost?? the rest of the mods are on the cards very soon

http://www.powerchip.com.au/chips/chip.asp?cid=Hyu0003

M@W8

Jul 11, 2001, 8:17:44 PM7/11/01
"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Well here's what CARTEST shows... (The Falcon is MUCH quicker)
You didn't mention whether your Scoupe is a turbo or not, so I did both...

PERFORMANCE COMPARISON ANALYSIS
-------------------------------

Selected Cars: 1. FORD FALCON EF GLI 4.0 AUTO 1997
2. HYUNDAI SCOUPE 1995
3. HYUNDAI SCOUPE TURBO 1993

Car Number 1 2 3
--------- --------- ---------
Time to Speed
0-40 kmh.... 2.3 2.0 2.1
0-60 kmh.... 3.7 4.2 4.3
0-80 kmh.... 5.3 7.0 6.3
0-100 kmh.... 8.1 10.0 9.8
0-120 kmh.... 10.9 14.7 13.4
0-140 kmh.... 14.4 20.4 19.3
0-160 kmh.... 20.2 31.5 26.5
0-180 kmh.... 27.3 63.3 41.4

Time to Distance
0-100 m...... 6.7 7.1 7.0
0-400 m...... 15.7 17.0 16.8
@ kmh .... 145.8 129.1 133.5
0-1000 m..... 28.8 31.6 31.0
@ kmh .... 183.4 160.2 168.7

Top Speed.... 216 182 196

5-100kmh, 1st
Gear Start... 10.2 10.4 13.7

40-80 kmh
2nd Gear..... 5.1 3.9
3rd Gear..... 8.2 5.5 7.0
4th Gear..... 14.1 8.2 14.7
5th Gear..... 11.4 29.1
6th Gear.....

80-120kmh
2nd Gear..... 5.4
3rd Gear..... 8.3 6.7
4th Gear..... 14.2 8.5 8.7
5th Gear..... 11.4 11.5
6th Gear.....

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 9:16:13 PM7/11/01
Not sure whether this means much but an EL 6cyl top speed is only 180 not
216. The speed limiter prevents them going any further. Also my S-Coupe gets
closer to the 190-200k mark. Due to variance in the wheels the top speed
you've written could be correct for a stock 13" wheel S-Coupe. In my opinion
I wouldn't trust the figures. Plus you also have to factor in the fact my
S-Coupe has 15" wheels not 13" and also $170 tyres not $50 tyres. So my
S-Coupe won't wheel spin if at all unlike the S-Coupe with the 13" wheels.

Sheesh. I am only stating a fact and the reality that my 95 S-Coupe beats
our EL 6 GLi. Not race track/drag strip conditions but real on road in the
street reality.

Your figures for the GLi are unreliable as an EL Gli from the yard will not
go above 180k's for a start. Also they are judging brand new cars and
figures are generally played with to make sales. Where did those figures
come from? Ford or Hyndia?

Then as above my S-Coupe will be quicker due to the bigger/wider wheels as
there is wheel spins for only 2 feet. Unlike the stock 13" wheels which I
could easily wheel spin for nearly a whole intersection in the dry and in
the wet there just was no traction.

Brenden

"M@W8" <matt@i_dont_want_spam.com> wrote in message

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 9:20:12 PM7/11/01
In addition why would I offer someone to drive my EL put up against my
S-Coupe if I new the my EL would beat the S-Coupe? I can 100% guarantee my
EL doesn't beat my S-Coupe on take off or up to 110k's. The only thing wrong
with the EL is a slightly noisy wheel bearing which is due for fixing when I
get time.

Brenden

"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Gavin Cato

Jul 11, 2001, 9:23:32 PM7/11/01
oh for goodness sake who cares they are both not performance cars

"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 9:47:53 PM7/11/01
hehehe. It's the EL drivers making the fuss too. I don't care I own both and
two other cars. Their cars maybe faster than my S-Coupe. All I stated was
"my EL is slower than my S-Coupe". Not anyone elses EL or S-Coupe.

I know which car I'd drive interstate and thats the EL. The S-Coupe's a
cheap run about/get to work car not an interstate driver. The S-Coupe is too
cramped for long drives but it is cheaper to drive than the EL.

Brenden

"Gavin Cato" <gc...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Denham

Jul 11, 2001, 10:05:39 PM7/11/01
i aint gonna race it or nuthing!!! i just want it to have a little more go
when 'I' drive it!!!

Denham

Jul 11, 2001, 10:07:26 PM7/11/01
Any falcon is shit off the line as its a straight 6 not a V. Straight 6 are
only good on the go especially at about 80-100km/h!!

Brenden Will

Jul 11, 2001, 10:10:23 PM7/11/01
Good advice. I think the 92's weren't injected.

First thing I'd is put fuel injection on it from a 94/95 model.
Secondly cam/extractors
Thirdly the exhaust

and it'll probably do around 85-90kw maybe more at the wheels. 95's are 68kw
standard. 92's are 60kw standard.

Brenden

"Shaddow Edge" <shadd...@kooee.com.au> wrote in message
> Now take this lightly but screw the chip. Its a stupid waste of money
until
> at the very least you have done extractors/headers, exhaust, cold
induction.
> I would then personally get a nice cam, good throttle body (if its EFI).
if
> the 92 model carby (I'm a bit unsure) if its maybe a bigger holley or
weber
> then the stock one. Even a twin set up.
>
> Shaddow

Denham

Jul 11, 2001, 10:11:24 PM7/11/01
its going to b a girl driving it!!!!

She is not gonna want a turbo and all the shit involved with that!!!
"George B" <geor...@ihug.nospam.com.au> wrote in message

Dennis Jensen

Jul 11, 2001, 10:41:07 PM7/11/01
All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to explain
how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?

Dennis

"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

Dan--

Jul 11, 2001, 10:49:34 PM7/11/01

Denham wrote:

> Any falcon is shit off the line as its a straight 6 not a V. Straight 6 are
> only good on the go especially at about 80-100km/h!!

Ha!? What has the engine cylinders configuration have to do with it?.

--
Regards
Dan

Dan--

Jul 11, 2001, 10:56:27 PM7/11/01

Dennis Jensen wrote:

> All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to explain
> how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?

Hehe.
Yeah its the amount of cylinders not the configuration of them. V, flat
or straight!. I had to laugh though what people come out with.

Daryl Walford

Jul 11, 2001, 11:50:39 PM7/11/01
So what does that make a V6 VT which my stock auto EF could easily beat.

Daryl

Dennis Jensen

Jul 12, 2001, 12:17:39 AM7/12/01

"Dan--" <"gmc"@iprimus(nospam).com.au> wrote in message

> Dennis Jensen wrote:
> >
> > All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to
explain
> > how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?
>
> Hehe.
> Yeah its the amount of cylinders not the configuration of them. V, flat
> or straight!. I had to laugh though what people come out with.

Number of cylinders? Is a V12 4.0l necessarily better than a 4.0 V12:)

Dennis

Dan--

Jul 12, 2001, 1:22:39 AM7/12/01

Dennis Jensen wrote:

> "Dan--" <"gmc"@iprimus(nospam).com.au> wrote in message
> >

> > Dennis Jensen wrote:
> > >
> > > All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to
> explain
> > > how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?
> >
> > Hehe.
> > Yeah its the amount of cylinders not the configuration of them. V, flat
> > or straight!. I had to laugh though what people come out with.
> >

> Number of cylinders? Is a V12 4.0l necessarily better than a 4.0 V12:)

Dunno maybe an 4.0L In-line 12 is better than a V12!
Or a W12. :-)

Denham

Jul 12, 2001, 2:00:59 AM7/12/01
yep its a late 92 and its got EFI!

Extractors/exhaust and new throttle or on the cards soon!

"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 2:02:24 AM7/12/01

> hehehe. It's the EL drivers making the fuss too. I don't care I own both
and
> two other cars. Their cars maybe faster than my S-Coupe. All I stated was
> "my EL is slower than my S-Coupe". Not anyone elses EL or S-Coupe.

I drive a Vectra myself, which will also be faster than your S-Coupe, but
not the EL...

> I know which car I'd drive interstate and thats the EL. The S-Coupe's a
> cheap run about/get to work car not an interstate driver. The S-Coupe is
too
> cramped for long drives but it is cheaper to drive than the EL.

Whereas my Vectra is cheap to run, comfortable, and performs well...

Denham

Jul 12, 2001, 2:06:44 AM7/12/01
if u knew anything about cars u would know that any inline engine has more
torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine and has less off
line power from a standing start and the engine is much longer. Hence why
they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore
"Dennis Jensen" <jen...@amdaat.com.au> wrote in message

Dan--

Jul 12, 2001, 2:06:20 AM7/12/01

Denham wrote:

> yep its a late 92 and its got EFI!
>
> Extractors/exhaust and new throttle or on the cards soon!

All S-coupes had EFI.

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 2:14:26 AM7/12/01
"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> Not sure whether this means much but an EL 6cyl top speed is only 180 not
> 216. The speed limiter prevents them going any further.

The EL in the simulation had no speed limiter. 216 is the ACTUAL TOP
SPEED!!!

> Also my S-Coupe gets
> closer to the 190-200k mark.

According to your speedo...
We weren't talking about top speed anyway, we were talking acceleration
which mostly depends on POWER and WEIGHT.
The EL Falcon has a better power/weight ratio than the S-Coupe.
S-Coupe 68kW 936kg 13.8kg/kW
Falcon 157kW 1536kg 9.8kg/kW

And you still think the Falcon is slower??

> Due to variance in the wheels the top speed
> you've written could be correct for a stock 13" wheel S-Coupe. In my
opinion
> I wouldn't trust the figures.

Why not?

Plus you also have to factor in the fact my
> S-Coupe has 15" wheels not 13" and also $170 tyres not $50 tyres. So my
> S-Coupe won't wheel spin if at all unlike the S-Coupe with the 13" wheels.

Don't worry, both cars were modelled under optimum conditions.

> Sheesh. I am only stating a fact and the reality that my 95 S-Coupe beats
> our EL 6 GLi. Not race track/drag strip conditions but real on road in the
> street reality.
>
> Your figures for the GLi are unreliable as an EL Gli from the yard will
not
> go above 180k's for a start.

How on earth does a speed limiter effect the acceleration of a car?

> Also they are judging brand new cars and
> figures are generally played with to make sales. Where did those figures
> come from? Ford or Hyndia?

The figures were not "played with" They came from entering in all the car
details (power/gearing/dimensions/weight/etc..) into a simulation, and
calculating them out. Its just impossible for a Scoupe to beat any
reasonably healthy EL Falcon.

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 2:16:02 AM7/12/01
"Dennis Jensen" <jen...@amdaat.com.au> wrote in message

> "Dan--" <"gmc"@iprimus(nospam).com.au> wrote in message
> >

> > Dennis Jensen wrote:
> > >
> > > All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to
> explain
> > > how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?
> >
> > Hehe.
> > Yeah its the amount of cylinders not the configuration of them. V, flat
> > or straight!. I had to laugh though what people come out with.
> >

> Number of cylinders? Is a V12 4.0l necessarily better than a 4.0 V12:)
>
> Dennis

It's all about cubic capcity (be it natural or forced)...
Although the actual configuration may help things like smoothness...

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 2:19:56 AM7/12/01
"Brenden Will" <erupti...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> Good advice. I think the 92's weren't injected.
>
> First thing I'd is put fuel injection on it from a 94/95 model.
> Secondly cam/extractors
> Thirdly the exhaust
>
> and it'll probably do around 85-90kw maybe more at the wheels. 95's are
68kw
> standard. 92's are 60kw standard.

I don't think just cam/extractors/exhaust will change 68kW at the flywheel
to 90kW at the wheels...

My mates modified VTII SS 5.7 makes 200kW at the wheels, so I don't think a
1.5 litre Hyundai will make almost 100kW...

Dan--

Jul 12, 2001, 2:32:11 AM7/12/01

Denham wrote:

> if u knew anything about cars u would know that any inline engine has more
> torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine and has less off
> line power from a standing start and the engine is much longer. Hence why
> they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore

Ok this a an example.
2 GM Diesel engines (yes I know its a different example)
1 = 671 Inline 6 6.9 litres! Rated at say 200 hp @ 2100 rpm and 650 lb
ft @ 1400 rpm.
2 = 6V71 V6. 6.9 litres. Same bore and same stroke as the 671 same power
and torque output.

The only differences is one is in a V formation so its shorter than the
Inline engine.
Performance out of the 2 engine is extremely identical.

But Dennis will get into the nity grity of things.

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 2:43:10 AM7/12/01

> if u knew anything about cars u would know that any inline engine has more
> torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine and has less
off
> line power from a standing start and the engine is much longer. Hence why
> they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore

Explain how the angle of the cylinder has ANY effect on the stroke?
And while we're there, explain how and engine with MORE torque is SLOWER
from a standing start?

The reason they make more V engines is because they are more compact, while
producing the same performance of the equivalent straight motor. straight
6's or 8's require a heap of bonnet to fit under, and are pretty hard to
orient transversely.

Daryl Walford

Jul 12, 2001, 2:57:40 AM7/12/01
Quite a few manufacturers still make I6's.
Ford, BMW, Jeep, Toyota and Mercedes are just a few.
The main reason for I8's not being made is they are too long.

Daryl

Norbie

Jul 12, 2001, 2:59:48 AM7/12/01

"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> if u knew anything about cars

Which you clearly don't...

> u would know that any inline engine has more
> torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine

Bollocks. There's absolutely no reason why an inline engine has to have a
longer stroke than a V engine. There are MANY examples where the reverse is
true.

> and has less off line power from a standing start

There are a lot of factors which influence bottom-end torque (or "off the
line power"), but the configuration of the cylinders isn't one of them.

> and the engine is much longer.

This is the only part you got right.

> Hence why they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore

What planet are you from?? There are lots of inline sixes out there. Apart
from the Falcon six, there is also the current Supra (and various other RWD
Toyotas with similar engines), Nissan Skyline, all BMW's, and probably
others I can't think of right now. In fact some of the best 6-cylinder
engines in the world are inline.

As for inline 8's, they died out long ago because they suffer from crank
flex and they are difficult to package due to their excessive length.

Norbie.

Norbie

Jul 12, 2001, 3:13:06 AM7/12/01

"Daryl Walford" <wal...@iprimus.com.au> wrote in message

> Quite a few manufacturers still make I6's.
> Ford, BMW, Jeep, Toyota and Mercedes are just a few.

I don't think Mercedes make inline sixes any more... BMW do though.

Norbie.

Dan--

Jul 12, 2001, 3:33:17 AM7/12/01

Yeah MB still does make inline sixes just low volumes (mainly for
Daewoo). Apart from the Diesel engines they build for trucks and buses.

Punch Bunny

Jul 12, 2001, 4:03:20 AM7/12/01
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001 02:11:24 GMT, "Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au>
wrote:

>its going to b a girl driving it!!!!
>
>She is not gonna want a turbo and all the shit involved with that!!!

Why not? My girlfriend likes my turbo Liberty... mind you, she's too
scared to drive it, but hey... she likes it ;-)

- Bunny

Dennis Jensen

Jul 12, 2001, 4:29:20 AM7/12/01

"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message

> if u knew anything about cars u would know that any inline engine has more
> torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine and has less
off
> line power from a standing start and the engine is much longer. Hence why
> they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore

Okay, so many fallacies in here that I don't quite know where to start.

First, why does an inline engine have to have a longer stroke that a
V-format engine? The simple fact is, it doesn't. Have a look at the old Ford
3.3. It had a shorter stroke than the current 3.8 V6 Holden, so that is
point 1.

Point 2, why would a straight engine, with MORE torque, have less off the
line power? I really think you need to learn terminology here. I suggest you
read my article on power and torque in Autospeed. The reason that the Ford
4.0l straight 6 tends not to be quite as quick off the line as the Commodore
is because most Falcons are autos, and the autos are long geared (90+km/h in
1st). See how the EF XR6 had the Commodore SS VS for breakfast in
acceleration.

I suggest you speak to BMW about stopping making inline 6's! I suggest you
speak to BMW about long stroke inlines! In fact, I really suggest that you
hang around this newsgroup and learn a little more-you clearly need to!

Dennis

Arnie

Jul 12, 2001, 5:21:17 AM7/12/01
"Denham" <den...@optushome.com.au> wrote in message news:<U7b37.6200$A5.1...@news1.eburwd1.vic.optushome.com.au>...

> if u knew anything about cars u would know that any inline engine has more
> torque because of the longer stroke than a V series engine. and has less off

> line power from a standing start and the engine is much longer. Hence why
> they dont make inline 6's or inline 8's anymore

LOL
Alright, you can sit in the corner with David Z :)

Arnie

Simon D

Jul 12, 2001, 5:32:03 AM7/12/01
Funny that
coz falcon straight 6's get to 100 quicker than commo's V6's

Forg

Jul 12, 2001, 5:28:50 PM7/12/01
mr_internaldialog wrote:

> Can I ask why you would bother? Why not spend the money on a cheap Jap
> import instead? Or a Gemini?

Gemini?! ROTFLMAO!! :) :)

Forg! -DUH#6=- (Y1)

"...
this crazy Forg surrounds me
..."
[Live - "When Dolphins Cry"]

Forg

Jul 12, 2001, 5:30:48 PM7/12/01
Brenden Will wrote:

> You'd be surprised how well the S-Coupe's actually go. They don't drive
> anything like an Excel. My 95 S-Coupe leaves my 97 EL GLi (stock) for dead.
> Its faster round corners and faster on take off and acelleration up to
> 110k's.

They _are_ just a 2-door Excel, and with only 85kW
I can't see that even the turbo is going to be all
that quick ...

Forg

Jul 12, 2001, 5:34:08 PM7/12/01
Denham wrote:

> Any falcon is shit off the line as its a straight 6 not a V. Straight 6 are
> only good on the go especially at about 80-100km/h!!

** snigger **

Forg

Jul 12, 2001, 5:35:27 PM7/12/01
Dan-- wrote:

> Dennis Jensen wrote:
>
>> All due respect, but you don't know much about cars, do you? Care to explain
>> how having your cylinders arranged in a V helps you off the line?
>

> Hehe.
> Yeah its the amount of cylinders not the configuration of them. V, flat
> or straight!. I had to laugh though what people come out with.

*** GIGGLE ***

M@W8

Jul 12, 2001, 8:11:24 PM7/12/01
"Simon D" <sdud...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> Funny that
> coz falcon straight 6's get to 100 quicker than commo's V6's

Now that's a sweeping statement which isn't true in all cases...
Of course if you're talking an AUII XR6 and a VT exec you'll get no argument
from me...

Norbie

Jul 12, 2001, 8:55:35 PM7/12/01

"Arnie" <a...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> LOL
> Alright, you can sit in the corner with David Z :)

That's a bit harsh. Matty McD was banished to that corner and was never
seen again! :-)

Norbie.

Denham

Jul 12, 2001, 10:56:20 PM7/12/01
she ran up the arse of a hq tation wagon with a toe bar in her previous
car!!! she doesent want to much power so that will happen again!!
"Punch Bunny" <punch...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Norbie

Jul 13, 2001, 1:51:46 AM7/13/01

> she ran up the arse of a hq tation wagon with a toe bar in her previous
> car!!! she doesent want to much power so that will happen again!!

What does power have to do with rear-ending another car?

Sounds like the problem is with the driver, not the car.

Norbie.

PigDog

Jul 13, 2001, 1:51:38 AM7/13/01
Denham wrote in message ...
>she ran up the arse of a hq tation wagon with a toe bar in her previous
>car!!! she doesent want to much power so that will happen again!!

You two must make a good pair - both terminally stupid. And just what are
you trying to achieve in 'doing up' a hyundai if you're not after extra
power?

mr_internaldialog

Jul 13, 2001, 9:16:28 AM7/13/01
"Forg" <fo...@zip.com.au> wrote in message

> mr_internaldialog wrote:
>
> > Can I ask why you would bother? Why not spend the money on a cheap Jap
> > import instead? Or a Gemini?
>
> Gemini?! ROTFLMAO!! :) :)

What? You dont think it would be a step up?

--
me
----

Forg

Jul 13, 2001, 8:01:27 PM7/13/01
mr_internaldialog wrote:

>>> Can I ask why you would bother? Why not spend the money on a cheap Jap
>>> import instead? Or a Gemini?
>> Gemini?! ROTFLMAO!! :) :)

> What? You dont think it would be a step up?

Erm ... no.
I tried a quite few Geminis when I ended up with
my '80 Corolla; the first few I assumed there was
something seriously wrong with, until I drove a
one-owner immaculately cared-for one and realised
that they were _supposed_ to be like that ...

Compared to the rest of the market, they were
probably higher up in their day than the S-Coupe.
but as used cars, compared side-by-side ...
S-Coupe has to win. :)

mr_internaldialog

Jul 14, 2001, 3:38:22 AM7/14/01

Jap
> >> Gemini?! ROTFLMAO!! :) :)
> > What? You dont think it would be a step up?
>
> Erm ... no.
> I tried a quite few Geminis when I ended up with
> my '80 Corolla; the first few I assumed there was
> something seriously wrong with, until I drove a
> one-owner immaculately cared-for one and realised
> that they were _supposed_ to be like that ...
>
> Compared to the rest of the market, they were
> probably higher up in their day than the S-Coupe.
> but as used cars, compared side-by-side ...
> S-Coupe has to win. :)

Point taken, but I thought I was being as funny. Buying a Gemini is almost
as stupid as doing up an S-Coupe.

Forg

Jul 14, 2001, 4:32:29 AM7/14/01
mr_internaldialog wrote:

> Point taken, but I thought I was being as funny. Buying a Gemini is almost
> as stupid as doing up an S-Coupe.

Sorry, me being a little blind there ... :)