Ford Ranger is number one

Mighty Mouse

Jan 22, 2024, 5:34:56 AMJan 22

On the news tonight it was reported that the Ford Ranger is now
Australia's top selling car. So does that mean..

(a) Most Australians are bogans
(b) Most Australian are idiots
(c) Most Australians have more money than sense
(d) All of the above

--
Have a nice day!..

alvey

Jan 22, 2024, 2:46:58 PMJan 22
In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,

None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
equate to "most".

Should have read something like...

This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't bring
myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;

a) Bogans
b) Idiots
c) Have more money than sense
d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
e) Are crap drivers(1)
f) All of the above

alvey
(1) I'd pay to have decent databases of car sales & accident. They must
be out there somewhere (insurance companies for the latter prolly). Why
they're so tightly restricted is a bit of a mystery.

Mighty Mouse

Jan 22, 2024, 4:20:50 PMJan 22
alvey wrote:
> Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> On the news tonight it was reported that the Ford Ranger is now
>> Australia's top selling car. So does that mean..
>>
>> (a) Most Australians are bogans
>> (b) Most Australian are idiots
>> (c) Most Australians have more money than sense
>> (d) All of the above
>
> In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,
>
> None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
> equate to "most".
>
> Should have read something like...
>
> This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't bring
> myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;
>
> a) Bogans
> b) Idiots
> c) Have more money than sense
> d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
> e) Are crap drivers(1)
> f) All of the above

actually no. the correct phraseology is .. "most Australian car buyers
are ".  based on the premise that Ford Ranger drivers are (a) to (f)

> alvey
> (1) I'd pay to have decent databases of car sales & accident. They
> must be out there somewhere (insurance companies for the latter
> prolly). Why they're so tightly restricted is a bit of a mystery.

alvey

Jan 22, 2024, 6:47:50 PMJan 22
Mighty Mouse wrote:
> alvey wrote:
>> Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> On the news tonight it was reported that the Ford Ranger is now
>>> Australia's top selling car. So does that mean..
>>>
>>> (a) Most Australians are bogans
>>> (b) Most Australian are idiots
>>> (c) Most Australians have more money than sense
>>> (d) All of the above
>>
>> In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,
>>
>> None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
>> equate to "most".
>>
>> Should have read something like...
>>
>> This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't bring
>> myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;
>>
>> a) Bogans
>> b) Idiots
>> c) Have more money than sense
>> d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
>> e) Are crap drivers(1)
>> f) All of the above
>>

> actually no. the correct phraseology is .. "most Australian car buyers
> are ".  based on the premise that Ford Ranger drivers are (a) to (f)

Still 'No'. Unless the Ford monstrosities accounted for over 50% of
sales then "most Australian car buyers" did *not* buy the fugly blots on
the landscape.

alvey

Mighty Mouse

Jan 22, 2024, 7:36:02 PMJan 22
it sold more than any other make so most car buyers bought it. consider
for example

45% of tv buyers bought a Samsung tv
30% bought LG
25% bought Hisense

therefore most TV buyers bought a Samsung TV

> alvey

Xeno

Jan 22, 2024, 8:21:24 PMJan 22
On 23/1/2024 6:46 am, alvey wrote:
> Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> On the news tonight it was reported that the Ford Ranger is now
>> Australia's top selling car. So does that mean..
>>
>> (a) Most Australians are bogans
>> (b) Most Australian are idiots
>> (c) Most Australians have more money than sense
>> (d) All of the above
>
> In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,
>
> None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
> equate to "most".
>
> Should have read something like...
>
> This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't bring
> myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;

Well, that's because they are not cars. Proof of that; cars are tolled
at a personal vehicle rate whereas utes, vans and the like are tolled at
*commercial vehicle rates*. Rangers are commercial vehicles to enable
*real working people* to make a living from them. The rest, well they
just use them as *penis extensions* (covered below under serious
insecurity issues).

> a) Bogans
> b) Idiots
> c) Have more money than sense
> d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
> e) Are crap drivers(1)
> f) All of the above
>

> alvey
> (1) I'd pay to have decent databases of car sales & accident. They must
> be out there somewhere (insurance companies for the latter prolly). Why
> they're so tightly restricted is a bit of a mystery.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Mighty Mouse

Jan 22, 2024, 8:57:11 PMJan 22
Xeno wrote:
> On 23/1/2024 6:46 am, alvey wrote:
>> Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> On the news tonight it was reported that the Ford Ranger is now
>>> Australia's top selling car. So does that mean..
>>>
>>> (a) Most Australians are bogans
>>> (b) Most Australian are idiots
>>> (c) Most Australians have more money than sense
>>> (d) All of the above
>>
>> In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,
>>
>> None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
>> equate to "most".
>>
>> Should have read something like...
>>
>> This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't
>> bring myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;
>
> Well, that's because they are not cars. Proof of that; cars are tolled
> at a personal vehicle rate whereas utes, vans and the like are tolled
> at *commercial vehicle rates*. Rangers are commercial vehicles to
> enable *real working people* to make a living from them. The rest,
> well they just use them as *penis extensions* (covered below under
> serious insecurity issues).

so if you wanted to refer to them what descriptor would you use?

>> a) Bogans
>> b) Idiots
>> c) Have more money than sense
>> d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
>> e) Are crap drivers(1)
>> f) All of the above
>>

>> alvey
>> (1) I'd pay to have decent databases of car sales & accident. They
>> must be out there somewhere (insurance companies for the latter
>> prolly). Why they're so tightly restricted is a bit of a mystery.

--
Have a nice day!..

alvey

Jan 22, 2024, 9:20:53 PMJan 22
Yes! I see now! You're having a larf...

alvey

Xeno

Jan 22, 2024, 9:44:27 PMJan 22
Mighty Mouse <"squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com> wrote:
> Xeno wrote:

>>> In a nasally monotone, Cyril Pedant of the Sunshine Coast points out,
>>>
>>> None of (a), (b) and (c) are correct. The "top selling car" does not
>>> equate to "most".
>>>
>>> Should have read something like...
>>>
>>> This means that the buyers of Oz's top selling vehicle, (I can't
>>> bring myself to call the hideous behemoths 'cars'), are;
>>
>> Well, that's because they are not cars. Proof of that; cars are tolled
>> at a personal vehicle rate whereas utes, vans and the like are tolled
>> at *commercial vehicle rates*. Rangers are commercial vehicles to
>> enable *real working people* to make a living from them. The rest,
>> well they just use them as *penis extensions* (covered below under
>> serious insecurity issues).
>
> so if you wanted to refer to them what descriptor would you use?

Wankers, that would be a good start!

>>> a) Bogans
>>> b) Idiots
>>> c) Have more money than sense
>>> d) Are men with serious insecurity issues
>>> e) Are crap drivers(1)
>>> f) All of the above
>>>

>>> alvey
>>> (1) I'd pay to have decent databases of car sales & accident. They
>>> must be out there somewhere (insurance companies for the latter
>>> prolly). Why they're so tightly restricted is a bit of a mystery.

____
Xeno

Keithr0

Jan 23, 2024, 12:51:18 AMJan 23
Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus all seem to be in competition to make a car
fuglier than the average ute.

> it sold more than any other make so most car buyers bought it. consider
> for example

Bullshit.

> 45% of tv buyers bought a Samsung tv
> 30% bought LG
> 25% bought Hisense
>
> therefore most TV buyers bought a Samsung TV

Are you sure that English is not your second language? "Most people"
implies a majority of people, and on the maths that I was taught 45% is
not a majority. All that you can say from your example is that more
people bought Samsung than either of the other two.

Mighty Mouse

Jan 23, 2024, 1:39:35 AMJan 23
yes

> "Most people" implies a majority of people, and on the maths that I
> was taught 45% is not a majority. All that you can say from your
> example is that more people bought Samsung than either of the other two.

yes, so of all the ppl who bought a TV, most bought a Samsung. so easy
to just say most bought a Samsung. likewise of all those who bought a
car, most bought a Ranger.

Noddy

Jan 23, 2024, 3:44:11 AMJan 23
On 23/01/2024 4:51 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 23/01/2024 10:35 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:

>>> Still 'No'. Unless the Ford monstrosities accounted for over 50% of
>>> sales then "most Australian car buyers" did *not* buy the fugly blots
>>> on the landscape.
>
> Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus all seem to be in competition to make a car
> fuglier than the average ute.

And they're all very successful at that.

>> it sold more than any other make so most car buyers bought it.
>> consider for example
>
> Bullshit.

It was the single best selling individual model, but it was *not* the
best selling make. Toyota always wins that contest simply by way of
Toyota having more models on the market than anyone else.

>> 45% of tv buyers bought a Samsung tv
>> 30% bought LG
>> 25% bought Hisense
>>
>> therefore most TV buyers bought a Samsung TV
>
> Are you sure that English is not your second language? "Most people"
> implies a majority of people, and on the maths that I was taught 45% is
> not a majority. All that you can say from your example is that more
> people bought Samsung than either of the other two.

Indeed. In his example, 55%, or "most people" bought something *other*
than a Samsung TV.

I don't know why you bother with this lunatic, as he has clearly
demonstrated his idiocy enough now that if Helen Keller were still alive
even she could see it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Xeno

Jan 23, 2024, 4:15:58 AMJan 23
Even Helen Keller would have been able to *see through* your *lies*.

Keithr0

Jan 23, 2024, 4:48:07 AMJan 23
God, you're thick, a majority of people did not buy a Samsung, only a
minority did, therefor most people did NOT buy a Samsung.

If you can't understand that then I'm sorry, but I'm not here to teach
English, maths and elementary logic.

Mighty Mouse

Jan 23, 2024, 5:40:02 AMJan 23
shutup dingbat. you couldn't even pass year nine

> as he has clearly demonstrated his idiocy enough now that if Helen
> Keller were still alive even she could see it.

i run rings around you in any debate, which is why you hide from me in
coward castle

Mighty Mouse

Jan 23, 2024, 5:42:04 AMJan 23
so by your reasoning.. a minority (of purchasers) bought a Samsung. and
a minority bought an LG. and a minority bought a Hisense. so there was
no majority of purchasers? but how can that be. UNLESS you say the
majority bought a Samsung, which they did. so most purchasers bought a
Samsung. or if you want to be entirely correct you would say.. "when
buying a TV more purchasers buy a Samsung than any other brand". but in
general conversation one would just say "the brand most ppl buy is
Samsung". or simply "most ppl buy Samsung".

> If you can't understand that then I'm sorry, but I'm not here to teach
> English, maths and elementary logic.

If you can't understand that then I'm sorry for you, but I'm happy to
try to teach you English, maths and elementary logic

but this may help..

majority

noun
1. the greater number.
(snip)

OTY

Keithr0

Jan 24, 2024, 12:43:32 AMJan 24
Who's your dealer, he must sell the really good shit.

Keithr0

Jan 24, 2024, 12:46:18 AMJan 24
The iPhone is the most popular phone, but most people (i.e. the majority
of people) own an Android phone. Clear enough?

Over an out.

Xeno

Jan 24, 2024, 1:28:33 AMJan 24
Now you're getting deceitful.

The iPhone is a brand of phone (Apple)
Android is a phone OS

comparing apples to oranges (pun intended)

Noddy

Jan 24, 2024, 2:53:10 AMJan 24
On 24/01/2024 4:43 pm, Keithr0 wrote:

> Who's your dealer, he must sell the really good shit.

It's his bi-polar hard at work. He's legitimately mental.

Xeno

Jan 24, 2024, 3:04:07 AMJan 24
On 24/1/2024 6:53 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 24/01/2024 4:43 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
>
>> Who's your dealer, he must sell the really good shit.
>
> It's his bi-polar hard at work. He's legitimately mental.

You're hard at work at your projection, eh?

You are definitely mental, you keep on proving it day after day with all
your lies, bullshit and bluster.

alvey

Jan 24, 2024, 4:27:35 PMJan 24
Noddy wrote:

> It's his bi-polar hard at work. He's legitimately mental.

Hahahahaha!

Wow! *Three* stupidities in one line!

1. Amongst other disciplines, you are not qualified to assess mental
health. As far from it as Bumhole (Vic) is from picturesque in fact.

2. You have referenced the disorder in a hopelessly inappropriate way.

3. You can't even spell it!

Always good for a laugh is the old Fraudster.

alvey

Xeno

Jan 24, 2024, 6:20:37 PMJan 24
His last sentence is a real kicker. Tries to use big words in a
sentence, pity he has no clue as to their meaning. Take his use of
"legitimately" as a prime example. So "legitimately mental" means it's
*legal/permissable* to be bipolar? I'm sure all those *diagnosed* with
bipolar disorder will be happy to know they won't be immediately
incarcerated!

Darren, the laugh a minute gift that keeps on giving!

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 6:56:14 PMJan 24
exactly. irrelevant, inappropriate, and false analogy

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 6:57:38 PMJan 24
Noddy wrote:
> On 24/01/2024 4:43 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
>
>> Who's your dealer, he must sell the really good shit.
>
> It's his bi-polar hard at work. He's legitimately mental.

look who's talking!..

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 7:04:48 PMJan 24
Xeno wrote:
> On 25/1/2024 8:27 am, alvey wrote:
>> Noddy wrote:
>>

>>> It's his bi-polar hard at work. He's legitimately mental.
>>
>> Hahahahaha!
>>
>> Wow! *Three* stupidities in one line!
>>
>> 1. Amongst other disciplines, you are not qualified to assess mental
>> health. As far from it as Bumhole (Vic) is from picturesque in fact.
>>
>> 2. You have referenced the disorder in a hopelessly inappropriate way.
>>
>> 3. You can't even spell it!
>>

>> Always good for a laugh is the old Fraudster.
>>

>> alvey
>>

> His last sentence is a real kicker. Tries to use big words in a
> sentence, pity he has no clue as to their meaning. Take his use of
> "legitimately" as a prime example. So "legitimately mental" means it's
> *legal/permissable* to be bipolar? I'm sure all those *diagnosed* with
> bipolar disorder will be happy to know they won't be immediately
> incarcerated!

LOL!

> Darren, the laugh a minute gift that keeps on giving!

yes indeed. in common with keefy, in his desperate efforts to puff
himself up and blow others away, all he manages to achieve is to show
what a fool he is

Clocky

Jan 24, 2024, 7:50:25 PMJan 24
Sliemey is living up to his name.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Clocky

Jan 24, 2024, 7:53:09 PMJan 24
...and the mischievous illogical slimeball claims he was a programmer!

Keithr0

Jan 24, 2024, 8:37:46 PMJan 24

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 9:19:37 PMJan 24
prove me wrong. however, it's impossible to have a rational
debate/discussion with him because of his dishonesty, ie. he lies!
latest example (the last discussion I had with him) he tried to convince
everyone that he saw me drive past his house. he hides from me, as he
does from anyone who tells him the truth about himself, or who he can't
browbeat into submission to him. that's why he has the intelligent ppl
here blocked (Xeno, Clocky, alvey, me)

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 9:20:26 PMJan 24
could we ever expect otherwise

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 9:23:56 PMJan 24
set the timer on his VCR?  :)

Mighty Mouse

Jan 24, 2024, 9:24:38 PMJan 24
you already tried that one..

Xeno

Jan 24, 2024, 9:26:06 PMJan 24
Oh, Darren is the master of demonstrating he is a fool. In that he has
no peer.

Keithr0

Jan 24, 2024, 10:35:53 PMJan 24
On 25/01/2024 12:19 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> he has the intelligent ppl here blocked (Xeno, Clocky, alvey, me)

Either that's really good shit that you're getting, or it has fried you
brain already.

Clocky

Jan 24, 2024, 10:56:36 PMJan 24
Failed the first time so ol' mate Sliemey the king of cringe thought
he'd give it a second run.

Still a fail :-)

Clocky

Jan 24, 2024, 11:03:28 PMJan 24
Felix handed you yet another lesson Mr. 45% so what does that say about
you you fucking goose?

Keithr0

Jan 25, 2024, 5:56:00 PMJan 25

Clocky

Jan 25, 2024, 6:35:46 PMJan 25
You know when you dispute it when people say you never admit you were
wrong? This is one of those times you're wrong and won't admit it.

Just so you know Sliemey.