Grupuri Google nu mai acceptă postările sau abonamentele noi Usenet. Conținutul anterior este în continuare vizibil.

OT email

7 afișări
Accesați primul mesaj necitit

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 05:38:5912.01.2018

If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?

https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

F Murtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 05:41:1512.01.2018
FMurtz wrote:

> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>

> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

Well that did not work

Xeno

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 05:45:2712.01.2018
;-)

--

Xeno

F Murtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 05:50:5612.01.2018
FMurtz wrote:

> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>

> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

If I was a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?

Email account

Account expired

Your email will be closed at 14/01/2018

Attention User,

This message is being sent to you expire on 14/01/2018

If you wish to continue using this account, please upgrade to our
services. Ignoring this message will cause the account to be closed

Update your account

Note: This upgrade is required immediately after receiving this message

Thank you

Lindsay

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 05:59:4312.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 9:50 PM, F Murtz wrote:
> FMurtz wrote:
>>
>> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>>

>> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp
>>

> If I was a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?

Without seeing the header, I'd ignore any email asking you to do
anything like "upgrade to our services", esp with apparently 2 days
notice...

In my humble opinion.

--
First xeno says "They were deleted. Noddy deleted them".
Then he was asked to show the threads the deleted posts were in.

Xeno

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:00:4012.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 9:50 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Like all of them, it is a *scam*. Pass your cursor over the link they
want you to click - but *do not click*. Look down at the link - the real
link - that comes up - not the one on the mail page - but the one on (in
my case) the Thunderbird window. It's at the bottom left. In most cases
that link bears no resemblance to the real account from whom the mail is
supposed to originate. Usually it's from someone's hacked mail server or
webpage.

The wording tells you enough anyway.

like this

> This message is being sent to you expire on 14/01/2018

The *implied* urgency is similarly a ploy to get you to act in haste.

Those Africans, still a long way to go with the English language.

My advice - delete it. Do not put it in the trash - put it in the spam
or junk filter - if you have one.

HTH

--

Xeno

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:18:5612.01.2018
Lindsay wrote:
> On 12/01/2018 9:50 PM, F Murtz wrote:
>> FMurtz wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>>>

>>> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp
>>>

>> If I was a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>
> Without seeing the header, I'd ignore any email asking you to do
> anything like "upgrade to our services", esp with apparently 2 days
> notice...
>
> In my humble opinion.
>

>> Email account
>>
>> Account expired
>>
>> Your email will be closed at 14/01/2018
>>

>> Attention User,
>>

>> This message is being sent to you expire on 14/01/2018
>>

>> If you wish to continue using this  account,  please upgrade to our
>> services. Ignoring this message will cause the account to be closed
>>

>> Update your account
>>

>> Note: This upgrade is required immediately after receiving this message
>>
>> Thank you

Yes it is real looking spam and I can imaging people clicking on the link.
The actual email is more real looking than what I managed to post, but I
could not figure out how to post the real thing on the spur of the
moment so I just cut and pasted the text.

Lindsay

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:39:5812.01.2018
I've been fed spam emails since 1997, and they just get better and
better. I've had 3 emails from (supposedly) Asic, all fake, but the
first one, I had to ring my accountant, it looked so real. it even
turned up on the correct date.

Hovering your mouse oven any link (without clicking) is normally a good
giveaway of whats going on. Anyone who demands can gagf.

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:44:1012.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 9:38 PM, FMurtz wrote:

> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>

> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

I just trash those M$ emails. M$ is determined to make computing and the
net as complicated as possible

--
Australia is proudly multicultural. We celebrate diversity.
We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, culture, colour, gender, or sexuality.

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:44:4212.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 9:41 PM, F Murtz wrote:
yeah it did

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:50:4212.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 10:18 PM, FMurtz wrote:
dunno about the email. but the link you posted connects to a real M$ page

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:54:0112.01.2018
I keep getting warnings about bank accounts I don't have

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:54:4512.01.2018
felix wrote:
> On 12/01/2018 9:41 PM, F Murtz wrote:
>> FMurtz wrote:
>>>
>>> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>>>

>>> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp
>>>
>> Well that did not work
>

> yeah it did

What did it do?

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 06:58:2812.01.2018
Which probably would not open

It was supposed to be a link to a copy of the email

Clocky

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 07:22:3612.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 6:38 PM, FMurtz wrote:

> If I were a silly old pensioner,what would I do with this email?
>

> https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/mail/inbox/rp

If you have to ask, hit delete.

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 07:38:2412.01.2018
Did not really have to ask, just think these things are disgusting and
must catch enough to be worthwhile

Xeno

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 07:51:2512.01.2018
Social engineering at its worst.

--

Xeno

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 08:25:4412.01.2018
On 12/01/2018 11:38 PM, FMurtz wrote:
internet scams are a billion dollar business

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 08:28:0812.01.2018
yeah it does

> It was supposed to be a link to a copy of the email

nuh, it goes to the M$ Outlook live site .. https://outlook.live.com

FMurtz

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 10:16:5712.01.2018
And what does it show?

felix

necitită,
12 ian. 2018, 16:11:4712.01.2018
go there and see for yourself. it's just the sign up/sign in page and
spruiking M$ Outlook live

FMurtz

necitită,
13 ian. 2018, 01:33:5213.01.2018
No use me going there as it signs me in.

felix

necitită,
13 ian. 2018, 02:20:2613.01.2018
OK

--
http://thereligionofpeace.com
The religion of pieces..

Noddy

necitită,
13 ian. 2018, 04:10:4413.01.2018
On 13/01/18 12:25 AM, felix wrote:

>> Did not really have to ask, just think these things are disgusting and
>> must catch enough to be worthwhile
>

> internet scams are a billion dollar business

Yep. There's always some gullible dickhead who thinks they have a right
to free money.

I've said it many times. Few people get ripped off without allowing
themselves to be....

Regards,
Noddy.
0 mesaje noi