OT: POTUS

Mighty Mouse

Dec 23, 2023, 6:08:38 PM12/23/23

the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..

auslink.info/video/joe.mp4

--
Have a nice day!..

Clocky

Dec 23, 2023, 8:52:13 PM12/23/23
On 24/12/2023 7:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>
> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4

Tsk tsk... that's very selective snipping and for every one of Biden's
bad press conferences there are probably 10 Trump ones that are far
worse - remember Trump suggesting the injecting of disinfectant as a
solution to COVID? But you are right, the US certainly lowered it's
colours after voting in Trump and it's been a slow recovery ever since
that has had a massive setback when the US-Biden administration decided
to actively support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by the Zionazi
regime.

--
In thread "May need to buy petrol soon" Sept 23 2021 11:15:59am
Keithr0 wrote: "He made the assertion either he proves it or he is a

On Sept 23 2021 3:16:29pm Keithr0 wrote:
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if it is unproven, he is lying."

Mighty Mouse

Dec 23, 2023, 10:45:37 PM12/23/23
Clocky wrote:
> On 24/12/2023 7:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>>
>> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4
>>

> Tsk tsk... that's very selective snipping

you should note the continuous segments

> and for every one of Biden's bad press conferences..

..there are dozens more!. he doesn't even know where he is or what day
it is, and he's the Commander in Chief of the armed forces!

> here are probably 10 Trump ones that are far worse

no :)

> - remember Trump suggesting the injecting of disinfectant as a
> solution to COVID? But you are right, the US certainly lowered it's
> colours after voting in Trump and it's been a slow recovery ever since
> that has had a massive setback when the US-Biden administration
> decided to actively support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by
> the Zionazi regime.

they're not. they are trying to destroy Hamas. Hamas controls Gaza, so
the Palestinians only have them to blame for their plight. they should
support Israel to get rid of Hamas!

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 12:35:30 AM12/26/23
Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> On 24/12/2023 7:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>>>
>>> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4
>>>

>> Tsk tsk... that's very selective snipping
>
> you should note the continuous segments
>
>> and for every one of Biden's bad press conferences..

here's another one. no snipping here. not only does he not know where he
is, he doesn't know what he's saying. he can't even read what's right
infront of him properly!

https://auslink.info/video/biden1.mp4

Trevor Wilson

Dec 26, 2023, 2:21:43 PM12/26/23
On 24/12/2023 10:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:

> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>
> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4

**America became a joke under Trump. Biden was not a brilliant choice
for POTUS, but he is infinitely preferable to the alternative (Trump).
That said, under Biden's watch, the US has done OK.

Just who, of the present alternatives, do you think would make a better
POTUS?

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 4:11:45 PM12/26/23
Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 24/12/2023 10:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>
>> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>>
>> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4
>>

> **America became a joke under Trump. Biden was not a brilliant choice
> for POTUS, but he is infinitely preferable to the alternative (Trump).
> That said, under Biden's watch, the US has done OK.

except it's obvious that senile "I'm just following my orders here"
Biden is not really running the show. he's a puppet at best. so who's
pulling the strings? it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
is a mess. how many terror cells are in the US now, thanks to Biden's
open borders?

> Just who, of the present alternatives, do you think would make a
> better POTUS?

pretty much anybody, but I don't follow politics much, so let's see who
the GOP puts up.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 26, 2023, 4:25:12 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 8:11 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 24/12/2023 10:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>>>
>>> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4
>>>

>> **America became a joke under Trump. Biden was not a brilliant choice
>> for POTUS, but he is infinitely preferable to the alternative (Trump).
>> That said, under Biden's watch, the US has done OK.
>
> except it's obvious that senile "I'm just following my orders here"
> Biden is not really running the show. he's a puppet at best. so who's
> pulling the strings?

**No idea, but as long as it's not Trump or the GOP criminals who
support him (Trump).

it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
> is a mess. how many terror cells are in the US now, thanks to Biden's
> open borders?

**Probably none. That's just Howard style scare tactics.

>> Just who, of the present alternatives, do you think would make a
>> better POTUS?
>>

> pretty much anybody, but I don't follow politics much, so let's see who
> the GOP puts up.

**The GOP is completely dominated by Trump. That the majority of the
party supports Trump makes them criminally culpable. NONE deserve to be
in power. Except those who have the balls to stand up to Trump's
criminality.

If Trump gains power again, not only is the US fucked, but so is:

Ukraine
NATO
Large amounts of Western Europe
World stability
The environment
Taiwan
And, eventually, Australia

The ramifications of another Trump presidency cannot be over-stated.
Trump is a diabolical and extremely dangerous choice for Americans to
make. Trump has no interest in the environment, reducing fossil fuel
use, Europe, the Southern Pacific region, Taiwan, etc, etc. Trump is
solely interested in enriching the Trump family and keeping himself out
of jail. Trump needs to become POTUS, so he can pardon himself from his
many criminal acts. In fact, Trump has no interest in ordinary
Americans, which they may find out, to their cost.

Biden is not a great choice. Biden is the ONLY choice. Unless the
Democrats can find someone who can defeat Trump.

Daryl

Dec 26, 2023, 5:43:25 PM12/26/23
If its a race between Trump and Biden I'd say that the US is totally
screwed, if that's the best candidates either side can come up with then
its proof that the US is going down the toilet very fast.
FFS out of a population of approx 360 million they can't find a decent
presidential candidate?

--
Daryl

Trevor Wilson

Dec 26, 2023, 5:52:13 PM12/26/23
**As we have seen here in Australia, the very worst humans can become
leaders of the country. For example: Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison.

Thing is this: The US had an excellent choice for POTUS in Hillary
Clinton. After a campaign of lies and innuendo (all of which has been
proven to be false), along with appalling timing from an FBI
investigation, Clinton has been destroyed politically. The whole world
was stuck with Trump as a consequence of those lies.

There are several, excellent possibilities in the US for POTUS.
Unfortunately, the US is clearly not ready for a gay man or a woman as
POTUS. The Democrats are rightly frightened of how Trump and the
Christian morons who dictate much of US politics might react to such
choices. Biden, OTOH, is a known quantity. He beat Trump before. He
could beat him again.

DO not underestimate Biden. Or Trump.

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 6:05:15 PM12/26/23
Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 8:11 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> **America became a joke under Trump. Biden was not a brilliant
>>> choice for POTUS, but he is infinitely preferable to the alternative
>>> (Trump). That said, under Biden's watch, the US has done OK.
>>
>> except it's obvious that senile "I'm just following my orders here"
>> Biden is not really running the show. he's a puppet at best. so who's
>> pulling the strings?
>
> **No idea, but as long as it's not Trump or the GOP criminals who
> support him (Trump).
>
>  it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
>> is a mess. how many terror cells are in the US now, thanks to Biden's
>> open borders?
>
> **Probably none. That's just Howard style scare tactics.

you're so biased it's compromised your rationality
Have a nice day!..

Trevor Wilson

Dec 26, 2023, 6:48:48 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 10:05 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> except it's obvious that senile "I'm just following my orders here"
>>> Biden is not really running the show. he's a puppet at best. so who's
>>> pulling the strings?
>>
>> **No idea, but as long as it's not Trump or the GOP criminals who
>> support him (Trump).
>>
>>  it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
>>> is a mess. how many terror cells are in the US now, thanks to Biden's
>>> open borders?
>>
>> **Probably none. That's just Howard style scare tactics.
>
> you're so biased it's compromised your rationality

**Not at all. Howard made claims that boat people were possible
terrorists. Same as Trump. In reality, they're most likely just poor
bastards trying to escape death squads and/or extreme poverty. Same as
the poor bastards that Howard claimed that they had thrown their own
children overboard.

The fact is that, like Howard, Trump will lie to frighten the US
population into voting for him. If they do, then Trump will give free
reign to Putin to invade Ukraine and then other European nations. Trump
is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.

Clocky

Dec 26, 2023, 6:58:35 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 7:05 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> except it's obvious that senile "I'm just following my orders here"
>>> Biden is not really running the show. he's a puppet at best. so who's
>>> pulling the strings?
>>
>> **No idea, but as long as it's not Trump or the GOP criminals who
>> support him (Trump).
>>
>>  it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
>>> is a mess. how many terror cells are in the US now, thanks to Biden's
>>> open borders?
>>
>> **Probably none. That's just Howard style scare tactics.
>
> you're so biased it's compromised your rationality

Same could be said about you because you posted a snippet of the end of
a press conference which seems to show Biden was lost for words. But
this has happened to every leader at some point in time and the far
right (and left too) love to take these out of context moments and
string them together to paint a picture of a person that is not accurate
as is the case here.

Biden is not ideal for president granted but Trump is only in it for
himself. He's far from the first but he's so reckless with it - that is
the issue. The fact that he might still be considered by a large
percentage of the population of the US as an option is a sad indictment
on the US and the idea of democracy generally.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 26, 2023, 7:19:10 PM12/26/23
**I should remind you that Australia is not immune from such idiocy. My
immediate neighbours voted for Craig Kelly many times and my
not-too-far-away neighbours voted for the worst Australian PM in history
- Scott Morrison. And they did so several times.

Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER discuss
politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are morons.

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 7:41:36 PM12/26/23
why on earth would he do that?

> Trump is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.

--
Have a nice day!..

Noddy

Dec 26, 2023, 7:42:52 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 9:52 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 9:43 am, Daryl wrote:

> **As we have seen here in Australia, the very worst humans can become
> leaders of the country. For example: Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison.

For fuck's sake Trevor, go to a burns unit and get some perspective.

I don't like Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison any more than you do, but the
"very worst humans? You're living *deep* in La-La land if you think that
comment is even *remotely* accurate.

> Thing is this: The US had an excellent choice for POTUS in Hillary
> Clinton.

ROTFL :) You couldn't be any more of a leftie loony if you wanted to be :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Noddy

Dec 26, 2023, 7:51:58 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 9:43 am, Daryl wrote:

> If its a race between Trump and Biden I'd say that the US is totally
> screwed, if that's the best candidates either side can come up with then
> its proof that the US is going down the toilet very fast.
> FFS out of a population of approx 360 million they can't find a decent
> presidential candidate?

I'm sure they can *if* they wanted to, but the problem is that their
political system isn't all that far removed from ours in that they don't
want the "best" candidate for the job. They want the one who going to
poll the most votes.

That Trump should be nominated as the Republican candidate after his
ridiculously nonsensical claims of electoral fraud and inciting the riot
that led to the attempted take-over at Capitol Hill shows anyone that
political parties in the US have no moral standards at all and are
little more than gangsters operating on a legal basis.

With Luck Trump will be convicted and be sent to prison, or
assassinated, or get Cancer from the gravy powder he smears all over his
ugly mug every morning and he'll be out of the picture permanently. But
the odds of any of that preventing him from contesting the election and
winning are remote at best.

Hopefully he'll have a disinfectant vaccination and die a horrible
death, and with luck it will be live on camera so we can all laugh.

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 7:57:27 PM12/26/23
Clocky wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 7:05 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> **No idea, but as long as it's not Trump or the GOP criminals who
>>> support him (Trump).
>>>
>>>  it's being said it's Obama. and the Southern border
>>>
>>> **Probably none. That's just Howard style scare tactics.
>>
>> you're so biased it's compromised your rationality
>>

> Same could be said about you because you posted a snippet of the end
> of a press conference which seems to show Biden was lost for words.

he's always lost for words. he can't even follow when the words are
right infront of him. he's clearly incapable. look on youtube. there are
dozens of examples. one example I saw today he walked out of a medal of
honor ceremony before it finished! and don't forget the classic shaking
hands with no one..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4b131aHxCs

if you think it's ok for an eighty year old with dementia to be POTUS,
with his hand on the nuclear trigger, then you've got rocks in yer head.
but the reality is he's just a puppet doing what he's told.

> But this has happened to every leader at some point in time

never like this from any other President ever

> and the far right (and left too) love to take these out of context
> moments and string them together to paint a picture of a person that
> is not accurate as is the case here.
>
> Biden is not ideal for president granted but Trump is only in it for
> himself. He's far from the first but he's so reckless with it - that
> is the issue. The fact that he might still be considered by a large
> percentage of the population of the US as an option is a sad
> indictment on the US and the idea of democracy generally.

--
Have a nice day!..

Noddy

Dec 26, 2023, 8:00:43 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 10:48 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **Not at all. Howard made claims that boat people were possible
> terrorists. Same as Trump. In reality, they're most likely just poor
> bastards trying to escape death squads and/or extreme poverty.

"Most likely"? How is this claim of yours the slightest bit more
reliable than Howards? :)

> Same as the poor bastards that Howard claimed that they had thrown their own
> children overboard.

You mean the "refugees" who paid people smugglers to get to the country
of their choice because they wanted to live here?

I take from this that you are completely unaware that under
international convention ratified by the UN, a person's "refugee" rights
permits them to escape conflict in their own country by travelling to
the *nearest* safe haven, and if you're fleeing Iraq, Iran, Pakistan,
Afghanistan or Sri Lanka that nearest safe haven *isn't* Australia.

Everyone who has come to this country by boat is not a bona fide
"refugee" in the eyes of the United Nations, but rather illegal
immigrants who come here for economic reasons. In doing so they are
breaking the law and we have the right to detain them or kick them out.

It's that simple.

> The fact is that, like Howard, Trump will lie to frighten the US
> population into voting for him. If they do, then Trump will give free
> reign to Putin to invade Ukraine and then other European nations. Trump
> is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.

Take a moment to explain how this is different to any other politician
in any other country on Earth.....

Mighty Mouse

Dec 26, 2023, 8:02:58 PM12/26/23
Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 10:48 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **Not at all. Howard made claims that boat people were possible
>> terrorists. Same as Trump. In reality, they're most likely just poor
>> bastards trying to escape death squads and/or extreme poverty.
>
> "Most likely"? How is this claim of yours the slightest bit more
> reliable than Howards? :)
>
>> Same as the poor bastards that Howard claimed that they had thrown
>> their own children overboard.
>
> You mean the "refugees" who paid people smugglers to get to the
> country of their choice because they wanted to live here?
>
> I take from this that you are completely unaware that under
> international convention ratified by the UN, a person's "refugee"
> rights permits them to escape conflict in their own country by
> travelling to the *nearest* safe haven, and if you're fleeing Iraq,
> Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan or Sri Lanka that nearest safe haven
> *isn't* Australia.
>
> Everyone who has come to this country by boat is not a bona fide
> "refugee" in the eyes of the United Nations, but rather illegal
> immigrants who come here for economic reasons. In doing so they are
> breaking the law and we have the right to detain them or kick them out.
>
> It's that simple.

yes it is!

>> The fact is that, like Howard, Trump will lie to frighten the US
>> population into voting for him. If they do, then Trump will give free
>> reign to Putin to invade Ukraine and then other European nations.
>> Trump is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.
>
> Take a moment to explain how this is different to any other politician
> in any other country on Earth.....

--
Have a nice day!..

Noddy

Dec 26, 2023, 8:03:50 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 11:19 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **I should remind you that Australia is not immune from such idiocy. My
> immediate neighbours voted for Craig Kelly many times and my
> not-too-far-away neighbours voted for the worst Australian PM in history
> - Scott Morrison. And they did so several times.

Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being one
of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.

> Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER discuss
> politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are morons.

Given that you believe that Julia Gillard is one of our greatest ever
Prime Ministers, if not *the* greatest, you are in absolutely *no*
position whatsoever to *ever* judge anyone else's political beliefs :)

Noddy

Dec 26, 2023, 8:04:40 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 6:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> **America became a joke under Trump.

America has been a joke for *many* years.

Remember "Dubya"?

Clocky

Dec 26, 2023, 8:13:54 PM12/26/23
You're a loon so what you "think" doesn't matter.

Clocky

Dec 26, 2023, 8:36:53 PM12/26/23
On 24/12/2023 11:45 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> On 24/12/2023 7:08 am, Mighty Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> the leader of the the free world. what a joke America has become..
>>>
>>> auslink.info/video/joe.mp4
>>>

>> Tsk tsk... that's very selective snipping
>
> you should note the continuous segments
>
>> and for every one of Biden's bad press conferences..
>
> ..there are dozens more!. he doesn't even know where he is or what day
> it is, and he's the Commander in Chief of the armed forces!
>
>> here are probably 10 Trump ones that are far worse
>
> no :)
>
>> - remember Trump suggesting the injecting of disinfectant as a
>> solution to COVID? But you are right, the US certainly lowered it's
>> colours after voting in Trump and it's been a slow recovery ever since
>> that has had a massive setback when the US-Biden administration
>> decided to actively support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians by
>> the Zionazi regime.
>>

> they're not.
They absolutely are and many non-Zionist Jews are saying exactly that too.

Clocky

Dec 26, 2023, 8:44:18 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 9:00 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 10:48 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **Not at all. Howard made claims that boat people were possible
>> terrorists. Same as Trump. In reality, they're most likely just poor
>> bastards trying to escape death squads and/or extreme poverty.
>
> "Most likely"? How is this claim of yours the slightest bit more
> reliable than Howards? :)
>
>> Same as the poor bastards that Howard claimed that they had thrown
>> their own children overboard.
>
> You mean the "refugees" who paid people smugglers to get to the country
> of their choice because they wanted to live here?
>
> I take from this that you are completely unaware that under
> international convention ratified by the UN, a person's "refugee" rights
> permits them to escape conflict in their own country by travelling to
> the *nearest* safe haven, and if you're fleeing Iraq, Iran, Pakistan,
> Afghanistan or Sri Lanka that nearest safe haven *isn't* Australia.
>
> Everyone who has come to this country by boat is not a bona fide
> "refugee" in the eyes of the United Nations, but rather illegal
> immigrants who come here for economic reasons.

Things are never that simple unless you're a Murdoch press reading/Sky
news watching moron. You are forced leave your country and you have a
large wad of cash. Do you choose to go to some neighbouring shithole
refugee camp or do you hand over a large wad of cash and try for a
better life elsewhere for your family?

A lot of the people who went to 'safe' refugee camps are still there too
and I bet Australian ones are much better than conditions in those so...

Xeno

Dec 26, 2023, 8:51:38 PM12/26/23
Because that is Putin’s stated aim. You are reading the wrong news sources.

>> Trump is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.

____
Xeno

Clocky

Dec 26, 2023, 8:55:55 PM12/26/23
But you're happy to hand it to a loon like Trump who counts communist
tyrants as his friends, takes home classified documents and flushes them
down the toilet and doesn't even respect democratic process?

C'mon now, Biden is clearly the lesser of two evils here.

Daryl

Dec 26, 2023, 11:26:14 PM12/26/23
LOL, imagine what they think of your opinions and what names they call
you:-)

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 26, 2023, 11:29:04 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 11:51 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 9:43 am, Daryl wrote:
>
>> If its a race between Trump and Biden I'd say that the US is totally
>> screwed, if that's the best candidates either side can come up with
>> then its proof that the US is going down the toilet very fast.
>> FFS out of a population of approx 360 million they can't find a decent
>> presidential candidate?
>
> I'm sure they can *if* they wanted to, but the problem is that their
> political system isn't all that far removed from ours in that they don't
> want the "best" candidate for the job. They want the one who going to
> poll the most votes.

In the US I think its the one who can buy the most votes, money speaks,
honestly and integrity walks.

> That Trump should be nominated as the Republican candidate after his
> ridiculously nonsensical claims of electoral fraud and inciting the riot
> that led to the attempted take-over at Capitol Hill shows anyone that
> political parties in the US have no moral standards at all and are
> little more than gangsters operating on a legal basis.
>
> With Luck Trump will be convicted and be sent to prison, or
> assassinated, or get Cancer from the gravy powder he smears all over his
> ugly mug every morning and he'll be out of the picture permanently. But
> the odds of any of that preventing him from contesting the election and
> winning are remote at best.
>
> Hopefully he'll have a disinfectant vaccination and die a horrible
> death, and with luck it will be live on camera so we can all laugh.

We can only hope.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 26, 2023, 11:39:41 PM12/26/23
On 27/12/2023 12:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 6:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **America became a joke under Trump.
>
> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>
> Remember "Dubya"?

When he was in office I thought that "Dubya" was a bumbling fool but
long after he was no longer President I saw him interviewed at his ranch
by a car show (possibly Jay Leno but I can't remember exactly who) and
he seemed like a decent intelligent old man.
Maybe the pressure of the office was too much for him?
My US born mate says that in his opinion Ronald Regan was by far the
best US President yet I thought that Regan was a blithering idiot, go
figure?

Daryl

TripleK

Dec 26, 2023, 11:52:44 PM12/26/23
Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 10:48 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **Not at all. Howard made claims that boat people were possible
>> terrorists. Same as Trump. In reality, they're most likely just poor
>> bastards trying to escape death squads and/or extreme poverty.
>
> "Most likely"? How is this claim of yours the slightest bit more
> reliable than Howards? :)

1) Well he's not a politician.
2) Neither has he any connection to Murdoch.

>> Same as the poor bastards that Howard claimed that they had thrown
>> their own children overboard.
>
> You mean the "refugees" who paid people smugglers to get to the country
> of their choice because they wanted to live here?

THE BASTARDS! The fucking nerve of these people! Fancy wanting a better
life for their families. It's disgusting!

> I take from this that you are completely unaware that under
> international convention ratified by the UN, a person's "refugee" rights
> permits them to escape conflict in their own country by travelling to
> the *nearest* safe haven, and if you're fleeing Iraq, Iran, Pakistan,
> Afghanistan or Sri Lanka that nearest safe haven *isn't* Australia.
>
> Everyone who has come to this country by boat is not a bona fide
> "refugee" in the eyes of the United Nations, but rather illegal
> immigrants who come here for economic reasons.

Jeez cobber!! So according to that we should be able to piss off all the
10 pound pommy bastards, and their chinless descendants, plus all those
wogs who sailed their greasy way here in the 1950s!!

> In doing so they are
> breaking the law and we have the right to detain them or kick them out.

YAIR! Fuck 'em all off! Onya Dazza!!!

> It's that simple.

Just because you are incredibly simple Fraudster this does not qualify
you to decree what *is* simple.

alvey

alvey

Dec 27, 2023, 12:12:21 AM12/27/23
Clocky wrote:

> Biden is not ideal for president granted but Trump is only in it for
> himself. He's far from the first but he's so reckless with it - that is
> the issue. The fact that he might still be considered by a large
> percentage of the population of the US as an option is a sad indictment
> on the US and the idea of democracy generally.

One of the many things that worries me about a second Trump term is the
possibility that he'll corrupt enough institutions to enable him to
implement Plan F... Establish a dynasty.

alvey

Mighty Mouse

Dec 27, 2023, 12:44:19 AM12/27/23
no, I'm asking why would Trump support Putin?

>>> Trump is an utterly UNTHINKABLE choice for POTUS.
>>>
> ____
> Xeno

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 12:57:01 AM12/27/23
**Like I care what morons think of me. They're morons. Their opinions
are worthless.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 1:00:33 AM12/27/23
**Indeed. His plans are already afoot. He has a list.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/nov/22/trump-revenge-game-plan-alarm

If you're on the list, you're out of a job. At the very least.

Trump and his supporters are extremely dangerous. I fear for the planet
if Trump is re-elected. The US will be a REALLY fucked place for a long
time, as the usual checks and balances are systematically eliminated.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 1:08:53 AM12/27/23
**Reagan was merely an actor who recalled his lines when needed. He was
totally under the control of the GOP behind the scenes figures.

Keithr0

Dec 27, 2023, 1:22:29 AM12/27/23
Where is the good ol' US presidential assassin when we need him?

Keithr0

Dec 27, 2023, 1:24:33 AM12/27/23
Regan was good at his career job, reading the lines that others had
written for him.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 1:28:52 AM12/27/23
**First you need to understand a couple of things:

* Trump is in serious financial trouble. His net worth is something like
US$2.5 billion. His liabilities are unknown, but could almost equal that
amount.
* Putin 'owns' the entire Russian economy. It is, effectively, all his
to do with what he wishes, when he wishes. That makes Putin worth AT
LEAST US$200 billion and, more likely a couple of TRILLION DOLLARS.
Putin is, far and away, the richest person on the planet.
* Trump wants to deal with Putin. If Trump can access a minute fraction
of Putin's cash, that will make Trump's financial problems disappear.
* Putin helped Trump with his election bids and is already acting to
help Trump in his next election bid. Trump owes Putin.
* It is probable that Putin has some kind of blackmail information that
could cause Trump enormous difficulty.

Xeno

Dec 27, 2023, 1:57:05 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 4:44 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
Because Putin would support Trump getting back into the White House.
Russia *needs* Trump in the White House.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:37:19 AM12/27/23
**How many secret service agents would be willing to place themselves
between Trump and a bullet?

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:49:54 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 12:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 11:19 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **I should remind you that Australia is not immune from such idiocy.
>> My immediate neighbours voted for Craig Kelly many times and my
>> not-too-far-away neighbours voted for the worst Australian PM in
>> history - Scott Morrison. And they did so several times.
>
> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being one
> of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.

**Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not too
bright.

>> Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER
>> discuss politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are
>> morons.
>
> Given that you believe that Julia Gillard is one of our greatest ever
> Prime Ministers, if not *the* greatest,

**I NEVER made such a claim. I DID say that she was the best of RECENT
PMs. I would extend that to say that she was the best in my lifetime.

you are in absolutely *no*
> position whatsoever to *ever* judge anyone else's political beliefs :)

**Sure I am.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:50:30 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 12:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 6:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> **America became a joke under Trump.
>
> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>
> Remember "Dubya"?

**Dubya was bad, but Reagan was way worse. Trump was the worst.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:56:11 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 11:42 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 9:52 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 9:43 am, Daryl wrote:
>

>> **As we have seen here in Australia, the very worst humans can become
>> leaders of the country. For example: Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison.
>
> For fuck's sake Trevor, go to a burns unit and get some perspective.
>
> I don't like Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison any more than you do, but the
> "very worst humans? You're living *deep* in La-La land if you think that
> comment is even *remotely* accurate.

**Abbott is STILL banging on with his climate change denial shit,
despite being told, in no uncertain terms, byt real scientists, that
climate change is a big problem and it is caused by humans. Morrison is
just a plain shitful, disgusting, lying human being.The worst PM we've
ever had. Worse than Abbott.

>> Thing is this: The US had an excellent choice for POTUS in Hillary
>> Clinton.
>
> ROTFL :) You couldn't be any more of a leftie loony if you wanted to be :)

**OK then. Spell out, PRECISELY, why Hillary Clinton would have been
worse than Trump. Don't forget: Despite Trump's attempts, the DoJ and
the FBI found Hillary Clinton guilty of nothing. OTOH, Trump is facing
NINETY ONE trials and more to come. Trump is rotten to the core. Hillary
Clinton is (VERY) intelligent, articulate, caring and, most importantly,
cares about Democracy itself.

https://www.thoughtco.com/hillary-clinton-s-accomplishments-4101811

Keithr0

Dec 27, 2023, 5:01:02 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 7:50 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 12:04 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 6:21 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> **America became a joke under Trump.
>>
>> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>>
>> Remember "Dubya"?
>>

> **Dubya was bad, but Reagan was way worse. Trump was the worst.

Reagan was a poor senile old man who did what he was told. It wasn't
recognised at the time, but when he took a bullet in the chest, his
brain went without oxygen for an extended period. He wasn't exactly
brilliant before that, but afterward he was totally fucked.

Dubya was about as bright as a box of rocks.

Trump is just an evil narcissist.

Xeno

Dec 27, 2023, 5:18:38 AM12/27/23
Darren *invented* a complete career in automotive for himself in order
to gain credibility here in this forum so *anything* and *everything* he
says needs to be taken with a truckload of salt.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 6:49:31 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 8:56 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 11:42 am, Noddy wrote:

>> I don't like Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison any more than you do, but
>> the "very worst humans? You're living *deep* in La-La land if you
>> think that comment is even *remotely* accurate.
>
> **Abbott is STILL banging on with his climate change denial shit,
> despite being told, in no uncertain terms, byt real scientists, that
> climate change is a big problem and it is caused by humans. Morrison is
> just a plain shitful, disgusting, lying human being.The worst PM we've
> ever had. Worse than Abbott.

You need a *massive* reality check here Trevor, as to look back at some
of the worst humans over the course of history and think that Tony
Abbott and Scott Morrison rank amongst them shows a level of delusion
that is as extreme as it is utterly ridiculous.

>>> Thing is this: The US had an excellent choice for POTUS in Hillary
>>> Clinton.
>>
>> ROTFL :) You couldn't be any more of a leftie loony if you wanted to
>> be :)
>
> **OK then. Spell out, PRECISELY, why Hillary Clinton would have been
> worse than Trump.

Who said anything about her being better than Trump? I was just amused
about the idea of you thinking she was an excellent choice when for most
of her political career she's been about as popular as dog shit on the
sole of anyone's shoe :)

> Don't forget: Despite Trump's attempts, the DoJ and
> the FBI found Hillary Clinton guilty of nothing. OTOH, Trump is facing
> NINETY ONE trials and more to come. Trump is rotten to the core. Hillary
> Clinton is (VERY) intelligent, articulate, caring and, most importantly,
> cares about Democracy itself.
>
> https://www.thoughtco.com/hillary-clinton-s-accomplishments-4101811

If you're generally interested in her "achievements", then I'd suggest
you read with an open mind. Try here:

> https://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/article/2016/07/16-hillary-clintons-most-controversial-statements

And here:

> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41244474

I particularly like the last one, as it's a perfect example of her
blaming everyone else for her failures *but* herself :)

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 6:51:06 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 8:49 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 12:03 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being
>> one of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.
>
> **Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not too
> bright.

No argument here :)

>>> Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER
>>> discuss politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are
>>> morons.
>>
>> Given that you believe that Julia Gillard is one of our greatest ever
>> Prime Ministers, if not *the* greatest,
>
> **I NEVER made such a claim. I DID say that she was the best of RECENT
> PMs. I would extend that to say that she was the best in my lifetime.

Have a crack at quantifying the difference :)

>  you are in absolutely *no*
>> position whatsoever to *ever* judge anyone else's political beliefs :)
>
> **Sure I am.

Yeah, nah. You aren't. Not even close.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 6:52:36 AM12/27/23
Most of them probably, considering that you need to be some special kind
of stupid to want to do the job in the first place.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:03:48 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 3:39 pm, Daryl wrote:
I think that's a very typical commentary of a great many Presidents in
that many are viewed with disdain while they're in office, but are
viewed quite differently in retrospect when compared to the current crop
of morons.

Take Dubya for example. When he was in office he was seen by the rest of
the world as an absolute joke and was ridiculed as a moron by all and
sundry, Yet compared to someone like Trump he came across as a fucking
brain surgeon and there would no doubt be many today who would happily
have him back.

Similarly, many complained that Reagan was a "tired old man" who was out
of his depth when he was president, but compared to Joe Biden he was
sharp as a tack and very quick witted. I don't know if I would agree
with your American friend as I thought Reagan's economic management was
average at best, but again compared to what they have now he was
brilliant :)

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:04:40 AM12/27/23
Do you ever read your comments back to yourself and stop to think how
much of a total crank you make yourself look? :)

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:05:40 AM12/27/23
What, you mean he had speech writers? Sock, horror....

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:07:02 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 9:00 pm, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 7:50 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>>>
>>> Remember "Dubya"?
>>>

>> **Dubya was bad, but Reagan was way worse. Trump was the worst.
>>
> Reagan was a poor senile old man who did what he was told. It wasn't
> recognised at the time, but when he took a bullet in the chest, his
> brain went without oxygen for an extended period. He wasn't exactly
> brilliant before that, but afterward he was totally fucked.

For fuck's sake... You people are mental :)

Xeno

Dec 27, 2023, 8:16:59 AM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 10:49 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 8:56 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 11:42 am, Noddy wrote:
>
>>> I don't like Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison any more than you do, but
>>> the "very worst humans? You're living *deep* in La-La land if you
>>> think that comment is even *remotely* accurate.
>>
>> **Abbott is STILL banging on with his climate change denial shit,
>> despite being told, in no uncertain terms, byt real scientists, that
>> climate change is a big problem and it is caused by humans. Morrison
>> is just a plain shitful, disgusting, lying human being.The worst PM
>> we've ever had. Worse than Abbott.
>
> You need a *massive* reality check here Trevor, as to look back at some

Ah, Darren, you're the one who needs a reality check. Yes, I'm talking
about your delusions re. those claimed trade qualifications. The reality
- you never did any apprenticeship ever.

> I particularly like the last one, as it's a perfect example of her
> blaming everyone else for her failures *but* herself :)

Ah yes, you do exactly that.

Xeno

Dec 27, 2023, 8:19:24 AM12/27/23
You didn't do that when you were inventing over the top bullshit so why
expect others to do it? Yes, you've made yourself look a total loon.

Clocky

Clocky

Dec 27, 2023, 8:37:53 AM12/27/23
Not as stupid as you might think, the lying prick was smart enough to
get away with profiteering from war crimes.

> Trump is just an evil narcissist.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 2:00:33 PM12/27/23

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 3:59:55 PM12/27/23
**Not just speech writers. Almost every word he spoke was provided for
him by a bunch of shadowy GOP figures.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:03:40 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 10:49 pm, Noddy wrote:
**Do you understand the difference between 'achievements' and 'statements'?

I accept that Hillary Clinton, like every human on the planet, has
misspoken during her life. What she accomplished during her political
life is another thing entirely. She has done a lot of good work. Unlike
Trump, who has only managed to damage the US very badly.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 4:40:34 PM12/27/23
I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)

Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
down and watch this:

> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4692824/

It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love so
much.

Xeno

Dec 27, 2023, 4:46:29 PM12/27/23
Noddy <m...@home.com> wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake... You people are mental :)
>>>

>> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:
>>
>> https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21reasonsReaganwasaterriblepresident
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/12/the-reagans-showtime-docuseries
>
> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)

In reality, your opinions result from your delusions - all bullshit from
the get go!

> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest

You don’t have a clue what the word “factual” even is!

____
Xeno

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 4:50:06 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 8:03 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 10:49 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> If you're generally interested in her "achievements", then I'd suggest
>> you read with an open mind. Try here:
>>
>>> https://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/article/2016/07/16-hillary-clintons-most-controversial-statements
>>
>> And here:
>>
>>> https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41244474
>>
>> I particularly like the last one, as it's a perfect example of her
>> blaming everyone else for her failures *but* herself :)
>>

> **Do you understand the difference between 'achievements' and 'statements'?

Certainly, but I'm not completely sold on the idea that you do :)

> I accept that Hillary Clinton, like every human on the planet, has
> misspoken during her life.

That's putting it *very* mildly.

Hillary Clinton is one of those people who blames everyone but herself
for *every* fuck-up she's ever been involved with, even when the blame
lies squarely at her *own* feat which has been most of the time. You can
take from that whatever you like, but all I get from it is that she's a
massive narcissist who can't accept the fact that she's wrong, and it is
her own actions which made her incredibly unpopular in the eyes of the
public.

> What she accomplished during her political
> life is another thing entirely. She has done a lot of good work. Unlike
> Trump, who has only managed to damage the US very badly.

It may come as a shock to to you to learn that most people who spend
some time in the political area do actually achieve some things over the
course of their careers. Like many in politics, Hillary Clinton has done
*some* decent things. However whether you think she did a *lot* of
decent work is a matter of opinion.

For the time she spent in politics I think her output was somewhat low....

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 4:50:30 PM12/27/23
Like who?

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 4:56:13 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 8:40 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake... You people are mental :)
>>>

>> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:
>>
>> https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21reasonsReaganwasaterriblepresident
>>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/12/the-reagans-showtime-docuseries
>
> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)

**I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more. Reagan was a rotten POTUS.
Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.

> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
> down and watch this:
>
>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4692824/
>
> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love so
> much.

**I have not voted for Labor in DECADES. I do note that you have
attempted to drag Australian politics into a discussion about US
politics though.

alvey

Dec 27, 2023, 5:38:02 PM12/27/23
Trevor Wilson wrote:

> Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER discuss
> politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are morons.

And yet you feed The Fraudster...

alvey

alvey

Dec 27, 2023, 5:47:45 PM12/27/23
Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 12:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 11:19 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> **I should remind you that Australia is not immune from such idiocy.
>>> My immediate neighbours voted for Craig Kelly many times and my
>>> not-too-far-away neighbours voted for the worst Australian PM in
>>> history - Scott Morrison. And they did so several times.
>>
>> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being
>> one of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.
>
> **Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not too
> bright.

Ho ho ho. I'd bet an investment property that NSW streets the field in
deadhead & dishonest pollies.

And that aside, guess which is the only State that had the good sense to
have a unicameral system.

alvey

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 6:01:47 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 8:56 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 8:40 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:
>>>
>>> https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21reasonsReaganwasaterriblepresident
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/12/the-reagans-showtime-docuseries
>>
>> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)
>
> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more.

Lol :)

I'd suggest you look up the meaning of "editorial" :)

> Reagan was a rotten POTUS.
> Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.

Reagan was of his time. Not horrendously bad, but not fantastic either.
Not as bad as Trump. Not even close in fact.

No one ever would be.

> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
>> down and watch this:
>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4692824/
>>
>> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love so
>> much.
>
> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES.

ROTFL :)

Yeah, right. You're just like that brain dead clog wearing "voice of
reason" from Western Australia who sings the praises of every Labor
Prime Minister in history but has never actually voted for the party.

Hahahaha :)

> I do note that you have attempted to drag Australian politics into a
discussion about US
> politics though.

Jeez. How dare I?

At least I didn't throw in some fucked up cross posted bullshit about
junk computer posts or mundane shit about pedestal fans.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 6:02:24 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 9:47 am, alvey wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being
>>> one of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.
>>
>> **Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not
>> too bright.
>
> Ho ho ho. I'd bet an investment property that NSW streets the field in
> deadhead & dishonest pollies.

**Not in dispute, though, historically, Queensland pollies were pretty bad.

[ANECDOTE]

A mate and I had a visit from a Queensland real estate sales guy back in
the 1970s (or early 1980s). He was flogging land on Russel Island.
Looking at the aerial photos, the land he was offering looked pretty
dodgy. Particularly at high tide. Anyway, I pointed out some land that
we were really interested in. It appeared to be vacant. The real estate
dude agreed that it was good land, but was already owned by Russ Hinze
(surprise, surprise). The sales dude went on to tell us:

"Yeah, Russ was really lucky with that purchase. He purchased the land
as rural, but it was recently re-zoned as residential, thus allowing
Russ to make a killing."

Stunned at the revelation, we asked the guy if he saw a problem.

"Nope. What is the problem?" He replied.

Horrific and moronic.

> And that aside, guess which is the only State that had the good sense to
> have a unicameral system.

**Not in dispute. It's the intellect of Queenlanders that is at issue.
Dumb as rocks. Particularly as you head further North and West.

Clocky

Dec 27, 2023, 6:18:46 PM12/27/23
You spent decades in here and only produced lies and deception.

But humour us, how do you know what she achieved or anyone else has
achieved in US politics or is it just the case that you take issue with
women of talent, influence and power which seems to be a recurring theme
with you?

Clocky

Dec 27, 2023, 6:28:18 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 1:44 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Xeno wrote:
>> Mighty Mouse <"squeak!"@thecheesefactory.com> wrote:

>>> why on earth would he do that?
>>
>> Because that is Putin’s stated aim. You are reading the wrong news
>> sources.
>
> no, I'm asking why would Trump support Putin?

Trump owes Putin. Putin having Trump in office benefits both Putin and
Trump.

You do realise that the vast majority of dullards aka Trump supporters
are anti-support for Ukraine or worse pro-Russian because of words Trump
has said right?

>> ____
>> Xeno

Keithr0

Dec 27, 2023, 6:35:25 PM12/27/23
If you want to refute the statement then come up with some facts to do
so. Your reply was completely irrelevant.

Clocky

Dec 27, 2023, 6:41:54 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 7:01 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)
>>
>> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more.
>
> Lol :)
>
> I'd suggest you look up the meaning of "editorial" :)
>

>> Reagan was a rotten POTUS. Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.
>
> Reagan was of his time. Not horrendously bad, but not fantastic either.
> Not as bad as Trump. Not even close in fact.
>
> No one ever would be.
>

>> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
>>> down and watch this:

>>> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love
>>> so much.
>>
>> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES.
>
> ROTFL :)
>
> Yeah, right. You're just like that brain dead clog wearing "voice of
> reason" from Western Australia who sings the praises of every Labor
> Prime Minister in history but has never actually voted for the party.

It's true, I am a voice of reason *compared to you* and most people are
because you're stupid, dishonest and a habitual liar. Case in point -
I've never voted Labor nor have I sung the praises of every Labor leader
and have been critical. Nor have I been a "former Labor Party member" as
you claimed I was.

Those are all blatant lies that you keep repeating and it's yet another
reason why you have no credibility left.

Keithr0

Dec 27, 2023, 6:43:24 PM12/27/23
He didn't have a speech writer, he had a script writer, most politicians
will take a prepared speech an make alterations, Reagan just read what
was put in front of him. On the odd occasion when he did go off script,
it was a disaster like when he went on about the heroic sacrifice of a
navy ship that turned out to be the script of a movie that he had been
in. then there was this:

"My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed
legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five
minutes."

Which was about the most stupid thing a US president could say.

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 6:57:28 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 5:08 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 3:39 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>>>
>>> Remember "Dubya"?
>>>
>> When he was in office I thought that "Dubya" was a bumbling fool but
>> long after he was no longer President I saw him interviewed at his
>> ranch by a car show (possibly Jay Leno but I can't remember exactly
>> who) and he seemed like a decent intelligent old man.
>> Maybe the pressure of the office was too much for him?
>> My US born mate says that in his opinion Ronald Regan was by far the
>> best US President yet I thought that Regan was a blithering idiot, go
>> figure?
>>

> **Reagan was merely an actor who recalled his lines when needed. He was
> totally under the control of the GOP behind the scenes figures.

Seems like that's the case with most "leaders" around the world, even
the Chinese president is very much beholding to powerful people behind
the scenes.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 7:09:52 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 8:49 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 12:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 11:19 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>
>>> **I should remind you that Australia is not immune from such idiocy.
>>> My immediate neighbours voted for Craig Kelly many times and my
>>> not-too-far-away neighbours voted for the worst Australian PM in
>>> history - Scott Morrison. And they did so several times.
>>
>> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being
>> one of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.
>
> **Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not too
> bright.
>

>>> Yes, I am deeply embarrassed to live among such morons. I NEVER
>>> discuss politics with my neighbours, as there is no point. They are
>>> morons.
>>
>> Given that you believe that Julia Gillard is one of our greatest ever
>> Prime Ministers, if not *the* greatest,
>
> **I NEVER made such a claim. I DID say that she was the best of RECENT
> PMs. I would extend that to say that she was the best in my lifetime.

Now that is comical, your memory is failing you.
Did you completely forget about Hawke and Keating, both make Gillard
look utterly useless and they were from your party of choice.
Unless I'm mistaken you are about the same age as me so there are
numerous PM's in our lifetime very significantly better than Gillard.
If you are into social reforms Whitlam must be high on your list, his
Govt was responsible for a lot of very significant social reforms and
once again he's from your party of choice.

https://www.whitlam.org/studying-whitlam
In typical Labor fashion he wasn't great with the finances but he made a
lot of changes in his short time in office.

--
Daryl

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:11:46 PM12/27/23
As the saying goes around here Keith. Your story, and you get to prove it.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 7:24:17 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 10:43 am, Keithr0 wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 10:05 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Regan was good at his career job, reading the lines that others had
>>> written for him.
>>
>> What, you mean he had speech writers? Sock, horror....
>>

> He didn't have a speech writer, he had a script writer, most politicians
> will take a prepared speech an make alterations, Reagan just read what
> was put in front of him.

Really?

And exactly what position have you ever held that enabled to to know
this as being factual?

Take your time.....

On the odd occasion when he did go off script,
> it was a disaster like when he went on about the heroic sacrifice of a
> navy ship that turned out to be the script of a movie that he had been
> in. then there was this:
>
>  "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed
> legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five
> minutes."
>
> Which was about the most stupid thing a US president could say.

Hahahahahahaha :) It was a *gag*, you blithering idiot :)

Reagan made that comment as an off the cuff joke in the lead up to a
press statement from the oval office while the video crews were setting
up and checking their mic levels. It wasn't meant for anyone other than
the people in the room at the time, but someone took it upon themselves
to make it public. Presumably because they thought it was amusing, which
it was.

Reagan was *famous* for such joking remarks, and he would do it all the
time which in itself makes a mockery of your ridiculous statement that
her never said anything other than what was on the cue cards placed in
front of him.

Seriously, you need to get out more. Compared to some of of the
deliberately antagonistic comments that came from the Kremlin at the
time, this comment of Reagan's was *mild*. Even it is *was* tongue in
cheek :)

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 7:26:01 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 8:56 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 8:40 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:
>>>
>>> https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21reasonsReaganwasaterriblepresident
>>>
>>> https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/12/the-reagans-showtime-docuseries
>>
>> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)
>
> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more. Reagan was a rotten POTUS.
> Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.

Interesting that the people who elected him have a very different
opinion and as far as I can tell to them it was about the US economy at
the time, AFAIK Regan's time in office coincided roughly with the time
Maggie Thatcher was UK PM and they shared similar economic policies.
If you were a beneficiary of those policies you liked the politicians
who implemented them, on the contrary if you were a "victim" of those
polices you hated the politicians.
Their policies at the time were so radical that both policies were given
names, Thatcherism and Reganomics.

>> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
>> down and watch this:
>>
>>> https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4692824/
>>
>> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love so
>> much.
>
> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES. I do note that you have
> attempted to drag Australian politics into a discussion about US
> politics though.

They are similar in that both countries politics is left vs right and
its been that way since forever.
The difference is where the centre is in each country.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 7:35:29 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 8:56 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 11:42 am, Noddy wrote:
>> On 27/12/2023 9:52 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>>> On 27/12/2023 9:43 am, Daryl wrote:
>>

>>> **As we have seen here in Australia, the very worst humans can become
>>> leaders of the country. For example: Tony Abbott and Scott Morrison.
>>
>> For fuck's sake Trevor, go to a burns unit and get some perspective.
>>
>> I don't like Tony Abbott or Scott Morrison any more than you do, but
>> the "very worst humans? You're living *deep* in La-La land if you
>> think that comment is even *remotely* accurate.
>
> **Abbott is STILL banging on with his climate change denial shit,
> despite being told, in no uncertain terms, byt real scientists, that
> climate change is a big problem and it is caused by humans. Morrison is
> just a plain shitful, disgusting, lying human being.The worst PM we've
> ever had. Worse than Abbott.

You need to work on your memory function if you think that either are
the "worst", you are old enough to remember what Malcolm Fraser did but
still you focus on PM's that were pretty mild on the scale of bad.
I still cringe when I think of that Royal arse licking prick Menzies,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l9yQaOzyg4

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 7:40:20 PM12/27/23
I think that we all agree that Trump is a disaster, like my US born mate
said recently "I'm just so glad that I live in Australia and that my
kids grew up in Australia instead of the US".

--
Daryl

Daryl

Dec 27, 2023, 7:47:21 PM12/27/23
On 27/12/2023 11:03 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 3:39 pm, Daryl wrote:

>>> America has been a joke for *many* years.
>>>
>>> Remember "Dubya"?
>>>
>> When he was in office I thought that "Dubya" was a bumbling fool but
>> long after he was no longer President I saw him interviewed at his
>> ranch by a car show (possibly Jay Leno but I can't remember exactly
>> who) and he seemed like a decent intelligent old man.
>> Maybe the pressure of the office was too much for him?
>> My US born mate says that in his opinion Ronald Regan was by far the
>> best US President yet I thought that Regan was a blithering idiot, go
>> figure?
>
> I think that's a very typical commentary of a great many Presidents in
> that many are viewed with disdain while they're in office, but are
> viewed quite differently in retrospect when compared to the current crop
> of morons.
>
> Take Dubya for example. When he was in office he was seen by the rest of
> the world as an absolute joke and was ridiculed as a moron by all and
> sundry, Yet compared to someone like Trump he came across as a fucking
> brain surgeon and there would no doubt be many today who would happily
> have him back.
>
> Similarly, many complained that Reagan was a "tired old man" who was out
> of his depth when he was president, but compared to Joe Biden he was
> sharp as a tack and very quick witted. I don't know if I would agree
> with your American friend as I thought Reagan's economic management was
> average at best, but again compared to what they have now he was
> brilliant :)

People point of view is dependent of whether or not you gain or lose
from a particular Govt policy.
In my mates case I think that his family was on the side of the winners
in the Regan era so that's why he thinks that Regans policies were so good.
Closer to home I hate Vic Labor because of what they did to my business
but if I was a construction worker I'd think that they were fantastic.

--
Daryl

Mighty Mouse

Dec 27, 2023, 8:02:32 PM12/27/23
Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 11:06 pm, Noddy wrote:

>>> Reagan was a poor senile old man who did what he was told. It wasn't
>>> recognised at the time, but when he took a bullet in the chest, his
>>> brain went without oxygen for an extended period. He wasn't exactly
>>> brilliant before that, but afterward he was totally fucked.
>>
>> For fuck's sake... You people are mental :)
>>

> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:

always has had
Have a nice day!..

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 9:10:31 PM12/27/23
Indeed.

> In my mates case I think that his family was on the side of the winners
> in the Regan era so that's why he thinks that Regans policies were so good.
> Closer to home I hate Vic Labor because of what they did to my business
> but if I was a construction worker I'd think that they were fantastic.

Yeah, well, when you have a party that is little more than the political
wing of the Trade Union movement, that's the way things tend to go. The
current Victorian Labor government has an *appalling* record of under
budgeting capitol works schemes, and to levels that are staggeringly
difficult to fathom. The last one was for the North East Link project
which is apparently now going to run 16 billion dollars over budget.

Yep, that's right. 16 *thousand million dollars* over and above the
original estimated spend of 10 billion.

An utterly insane budget blowout that is the largest in the state's
history, and is so difficult to understand how something like this could
simply be put down to incompetence that you have to legitimately
question whether it's a deliberate act to keep the party faithful on
side and buy their support.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 9:35:48 PM12/27/23
Agreed.

I think Trevor suffers with some long term memory issues if he genuinely
believes either Abbott or Morrison were the worst we've ever had. In my
lifetime I would nominate Malcolm Fraser as the worst I've ever seen,
and add that he was one of the greatest cunts ever to have breath in his
lungs.

Interestingly Trevor made comment about some of the "good work" that
Hillary Clinton did in her political career, but isn't so keen to
acknowledge the same thing with other people. For example, Tony Abbott.
He may be a fucktard who I dislike intensely, but the best thing he ever
did was to stop the boats. And he did. 100% successfully. In their tracks.

Similarly he has criticised Morrison for for many things. One of which
was taking over a bunch of different portfolio's, and in fact he never
did that at all. What he *did* do was sign on as co minister during
covid so he would receive the exact same departmental documentation as
the relevant Minister did and thus not have to rely on the Minister to
be the sole source of information.

It was actually a smart play that was turned into something sinister by
people looking for something to criticise, but the really interesting
thing was that not one single person made mention of the fact that Gough
Whitlam did *exactly* the same thing 50 years previously when he formed
government with his deputy Lance Barnard with the two of them holding 27
portfolio's between them.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 9:43:01 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 11:25 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 8:56 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more. Reagan was a rotten POTUS.
>> Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.
>
> Interesting that the people who elected him have a very different
> opinion and as far as I can tell to them it was about the US economy at
> the time, AFAIK Regan's time in office coincided roughly with the time
> Maggie Thatcher was UK PM and they shared similar economic policies.

They were both of the same "new right" leanings, and the era suited that.

> If you were a beneficiary of those policies you liked the politicians
> who implemented them, on the contrary if you were a "victim" of those
> polices you hated the politicians.

Thatcher polarised people in the UK. The "haves" liked her, and the
"have nots" hated her guts. I don't agree with everything she did, but
like many politicians from either side of the political fence some of
what she did made sense.

Reagan took a great many leaves out of her book in my opinion.

> Their policies at the time were so radical that both policies were given
> names, Thatcherism and Reganomics.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 9:44:17 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 11:09 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 27/12/2023 8:49 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> Yep. Bob Katter has been in politics for decades, despite him being
>>> one of the most retarded in-bred fuckwits you could ever hope to meet.
>>
>> **Well, Queensland has Hanson as well. Queenslanders are, well, not
>> too bright.

>>> Given that you believe that Julia Gillard is one of our greatest ever
>>> Prime Ministers, if not *the* greatest,
>>
>> **I NEVER made such a claim. I DID say that she was the best of RECENT
>> PMs. I would extend that to say that she was the best in my lifetime.
>
> Now that is comical, your memory is failing you.

**NO, it's not. Noddy is making shit up as usual.

> Did you completely forget about Hawke and Keating, both make Gillard
> look utterly useless and they were from your party of choice.

**Hawke was an OK PM. Not great, but OK. Keating was not a good PM. In
fact, I am pissed off that Hewson didn't make it over the line. He would
have probably made a very good PM. Trouble is that Keating was a better
parliamentary performer. A bit like Abbott, in fact. A big mouth, but
not much substance.

> Unless I'm mistaken you are about the same age as me so there are
> numerous PM's in our lifetime very significantly better than Gillard.

**Name them and their accomplishments.

> If you are into social reforms Whitlam must be high on your list, his
> Govt was responsible for a lot of very significant social reforms and
> once again he's from your party of choice.

**Whitlam is high on the list, but was fundamentally flawed in his
people skills. Gillard was much better in that respect. Gillard was able
to get a large amount done.

> https://www.whitlam.org/studying-whitlam
> In typical Labor fashion he wasn't great with the finances but he made a
> lot of changes in his short time in office.

**Indeed he did. He dragged the nation out of it's complacency. Yes,
unlike most Labor PMs, his financial issues let him down. Keating/Hawke
showed what was possible with good financial management.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 27, 2023, 9:47:13 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 11:35 am, Daryl wrote:
**I was too young to know much about Menzies, other than my father voted
for him at every election. Yes, he was a dick. Fraser was a different
animal entirely. Although I didn't like what was done to Whitlam (by the
GG), Fraser did everything he promised to do, once elected. Despite the
fact that I didn't like some of the stuff Fraser did, I give him credit
for being 100% upfront with what he was going to do.

Noddy

Dec 27, 2023, 11:26:46 PM12/27/23
On 28/12/2023 1:44 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 11:09 am, Daryl wrote:

>> Now that is comical, your memory is failing you.
>
> **NO, it's not. Noddy is making shit up as usual.

Hahahaha :)

If anyone's making shit up here, Mr "I haven't voted Labor for decades",
we all know who it is :)

>> Unless I'm mistaken you are about the same age as me so there are
>> numerous PM's in our lifetime very significantly better than Gillard.
>
> **Name them and their accomplishments.

John Howard for a start. Not only did he have an effective border
security policy in place that was completely fucked up when Rudd/Gillard
took over, but he was the only Prime Minister in living memory who paid
off the *entire* Commonwealth debt.

Every dollar of it. Only to have that effort completely wasted by the
incoming Rudd/Gillard/Rudd fiasco that made a complete pig's breakfast
of the country's financial position and who failed to balance the budget
*once* after promising to do so on 11 separate occasions.

>> If you are into social reforms Whitlam must be high on your list, his
>> Govt was responsible for a lot of very significant social reforms and
>> once again he's from your party of choice.
>
> **Whitlam is high on the list, but was fundamentally flawed in his
> people skills. Gillard was much better in that respect. Gillard was able
> to get a large amount done.

RoTFL :) Such as? :)

>> https://www.whitlam.org/studying-whitlam
>> In typical Labor fashion he wasn't great with the finances but he made
>> a lot of changes in his short time in office.
>
> **Indeed he did. He dragged the nation out of it's complacency. Yes,
> unlike most Labor PMs, his financial issues let him down.

ROTFL :)

You must live on a planet *other* than this one, as I genuinely can't
think of Federal Labour Government in my lifetime who hasn't made a
total fucking mess of the country's finances. In fact I'd go so far as
to say that they do so with such regularity that it's expected of them
whenever they're in office :)

> Keating/Hawke showed what was possible with good financial management.

Really? With the "recession we had to have" that gave us 18% interest rates?

Take a moment to explain to everyone how that could be seen as "good
financial management"....

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:30:06 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 8:50 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> What, you mean he had speech writers? Sock, horror....
>>>

>> **Not just speech writers. Almost every word he spoke was provided for
>> him by a bunch of shadowy GOP figures.
>
> Like who?

Shadowy Darren, as in unnamed! Jeez, you are thick.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:40:04 AM12/28/23
Only one detail I can take issue with - and that's because Darren *never
had* any credibility.

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:43:57 AM12/28/23
Ah the runaway strikes again!

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:50:22 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 11:24 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> What, you mean he had speech writers? Sock, horror....
>>>

>> He didn't have a speech writer, he had a script writer, most
>> politicians will take a prepared speech an make alterations, Reagan
>> just read what was put in front of him.
>
> Really?
>
> And exactly what position have you ever held that enabled to to know
> this as being factual?

FFS Darren, you don't even know the meaning of the word "factual".

> Take your time.....
>
> On the odd occasion when he did go off script,
>> it was a disaster like when he went on about the heroic sacrifice of a
>> navy ship that turned out to be the script of a movie that he had been
>> in. then there was this:
>>
>>   "My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed
>> legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. We begin bombing in five
>> minutes."
>>
>> Which was about the most stupid thing a US president could say.
>
> Hahahahahahaha :) It was a *gag*, you blithering idiot :)

Not a gag when it comes from the POTUS - no matter how it was intended.

> Reagan made that comment as an off the cuff joke in the lead up to a
> press statement from the oval office while the video crews were setting
> up and checking their mic levels. It wasn't meant for anyone other than
> the people in the room at the time, but someone took it upon themselves
> to make it public. Presumably because they thought it was amusing, which
> it was.
>
> Reagan was *famous* for such joking remarks, and he would do it all the

And you're notorious for making up fake claims of your qualifications
and skills.

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:53:38 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 11:47 am, Daryl wrote:
The Vic govt didn't do anything to your business. All they did was get
rid of the bastards who were rorting the system - and you were caught up
in that because you didn't have the business sense to spread the risk.
All in all, you were caught up in your own lack of business acumen.

Xeno

Dec 28, 2023, 1:54:40 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 12:02 pm, Mighty Mouse wrote:
> Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> For fuck's sake... You people are mental :)
>>>

>> **You seem to have a real problem with facts and truth:
>
> always has had

Nothing new there, eh? LOL

Trevor Wilson

Dec 28, 2023, 4:27:34 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 8:50 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> What, you mean he had speech writers? Sock, horror....
>>>

>> **Not just speech writers. Almost every word he spoke was provided for
>> him by a bunch of shadowy GOP figures.
>
> Like who?

**The term "shadowy GOP figures" indicates that they don't want to be
identified.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 28, 2023, 4:30:59 AM12/28/23
**Not really. Xi is smart. However, as a Communist Party member, he is
ultimately answerable to the majority. If he fucks up (much more), then
he loses his job (and, possibly, his life). No one is more powerful than
Xi in China. However, there are several hundred guys, with their
combined political muscle, that can tell him to fuck off. Also, Xi has
been smart to neutralise most/all of his political enemies. However, his
yes-men can still turn on him.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 28, 2023, 4:34:30 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 10:01 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)
>>
>> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more.
>
> Lol :)
>
> I'd suggest you look up the meaning of "editorial" :)
>

>> Reagan was a rotten POTUS. Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.
>
> Reagan was of his time. Not horrendously bad, but not fantastic either.
> Not as bad as Trump. Not even close in fact.
>
> No one ever would be.
>

>> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
>>> down and watch this:

>>> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love
>>> so much.
>>
>> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES.
>
> ROTFL :)

**Nope. As soon as the Democrats appeared, I voted for them. After they
folded (well, voted with the Lieberals), I dumped them. I've either
voted independent or Green ever since.

> Yeah, right. You're just like that brain dead clog wearing "voice of
> reason" from Western Australia who sings the praises of every Labor
> Prime Minister in history but has never actually voted for the party.
>
> Hahahaha :)

**You may care to note that I have been objectively critical of several
Labor leaders and a whole bunch of Lieberal leaders. On the flip side, I
would have liked to see Hewson have a go at the top job. He actually
does understand economics. Very smart guy.

>  > I do note that you have attempted to drag Australian politics into a
> discussion about US
>> politics though.
>
> Jeez. How dare I?
>
> At least I didn't throw in some fucked up cross posted bullshit about
> junk computer posts or mundane shit about pedestal fans.

**Uh-huh.

Noddy

Dec 28, 2023, 4:40:43 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 8:27 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> **Not just speech writers. Almost every word he spoke was provided
>>> for him by a bunch of shadowy GOP figures.
>>
>> Like who?
>>

> **The term "shadowy GOP figures" indicates that they don't want to be
> identified.

Right. So, you made it up in other words. Thanks for clarifying.

Trevor Wilson

Dec 28, 2023, 4:44:18 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 11:25 am, Daryl wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 8:56 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> I love how *your* opinions are "facts", and my facts are "opinions" :)
>>
>> **I supplied a list of facts. Nothing more. Reagan was a rotten POTUS.
>> Not as bad as Trump, but not a long way off.
>
> Interesting that the people who elected him have a very different
> opinion and as far as I can tell to them it was about the US economy at
> the time, AFAIK Regan's time in office coincided roughly with the time
> Maggie Thatcher was UK PM and they shared similar economic policies.

**I suggest you read this IN FULL:

https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/21reasonsReaganwasaterriblepresident

These are objective facts.

> If you were a beneficiary of those policies you liked the politicians
> who implemented them, on the contrary if you were a "victim" of those
> polices you hated the politicians.

**Sure. A lot of rich people got a whole lot richer under Reagan, whilst
a lot more poor people got a whole lot poorer. In fact, the US is STILL
paying for Reagan's fuck-ups.

> Their policies at the time were so radical that both policies were given
> names, Thatcherism and Reganomics.

**Actually, Thatcher made some very hard, but necessary decisions. She
hurt a lot of people, but the UK came out of the process much stronger.
Reaganomics was always bogus.

>>> Still, given how much you love anything factual, I'd suggest you hunt
>>> down and watch this:

>>> It will give you a *very* revealing insight into the party you love
>>> so much.
>>
>> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES. I do note that you have
>> attempted to drag Australian politics into a discussion about US
>> politics though.
>>

> They are similar in that both countries politics is left vs right and
> its been that way since forever.
> The difference is where the centre is in each country.

**I contend that Australia is very different for a number of important
reasons:

* Compulsory voting.
* Australia is a Parliamentary Democracy. The head of state is not
elected by the people.
* Money is not necessarily how the GG gets his/her job. Money is how
POTUS gets his/her job.
* The independence of the Electoral authority is vital to the fairness
of Australian electoral system. Various US states engage in gerrymandering:
https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/most-gerrymandered-states
Most (but not all) gerrymandering affects Republican politicians
positively.
* Thankfully the religious right is treated like the bunch of nutters
that they are.
* Gun loons have little traction amongst Australian politicians.

Noddy

Dec 28, 2023, 5:08:36 AM12/28/23
On 28/12/2023 8:34 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 28/12/2023 10:01 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> **I have not voted for Labor in DECADES.
>>
>> ROTFL :)
>
> **Nope. As soon as the Democrats appeared, I voted for them. After they
> folded (well, voted with the Lieberals), I dumped them. I've either
> voted independent or Green ever since.

Anyone who votes "Green" is a lunatic. You're crazier than even I give
you credit for being, and I think you're pretty special :)

>> Yeah, right. You're just like that brain dead clog wearing "voice of
>> reason" from Western Australia who sings the praises of every Labor
>> Prime Minister in history but has never actually voted for the party.
>>
>> Hahahaha :)
>
> **You may care to note that I have been objectively critical of several
> Labor leaders and a whole bunch of Lieberal leaders.

Can't remember the last time I saw you being critical of *anyone* who
was even remotely connected to the Labor party.

> On the flip side, I would have liked to see Hewson have a go at the top job. He actually
> does understand economics. Very smart guy.

So smart in fact that he was completely incapable of explaining the GST
in a manner that made it easy to understand.

Hewson thought his shit was chocolate ice cream because he had a PhD in
Economics. His problem was that he had zero understanding of the
political machine and pissed off many within his own party who saw him
as a loose cannon who couldn't be trusted and someone who's political
ineptitude was likely to land them in deep shit which is exactly what he
did during the 1993 election campaign.

That he was eventually dumped in favour of Alexander Downer tells you
what his own party thought of him :)
It is loading more messages.