Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Toyota Yaris recall

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Noddy

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 3:41:49 PMFeb 14
to
Apparently Yaris' built in the last 3 years have issues with front
suspension arm corrosion that can cause a loss of steering control. Nice....

> https://7news.com.au/news/toyota-cars-sold-between-20202023-issued-recall-notices-over-potentially-fatal-defect--c-13555380

A bit of a habit really.....

> https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/apr/09/toyota-recalls-over-6m-cars-worldwide






--
--
--
Regards,
Noddy.

Daryl

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 6:00:44 PMFeb 14
to
On 15/2/2024 7:41 am, Noddy wrote:
> Apparently Yaris' built in the last 3 years have issues with front
> suspension arm corrosion that can cause a loss of steering control.
> Nice....
>
>> https://7news.com.au/news/toyota-cars-sold-between-20202023-issued-recall-notices-over-potentially-fatal-defect--c-13555380

“The front lower suspension arm may develop cracks and corrode when
exposed to road snow melting agents,” the recall said.
Doesn't sound much like an Australian problem, doubt that there are too
many Yaris driving in snowy conditions in Australia.


--
Daryl

Noddy

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 7:48:30 PMFeb 14
to
Probably not, but then that's just the wording they're using in the
press release. If they're recalling the car in Australia then it's
clearly enough of an issue to do something about it regardless.

Perhaps Toyota are fearful of another 30 or so people being killed
because of defective steering, although they managed to keep it
relatively quiet last time :)

> https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/toyota-corolla-faces-us-safety-probe/news-story/80bf21d06ac071550450ff515ddac557

Xeno

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 8:42:22 PMFeb 14
to
On 15/2/2024 7:41 am, Noddy wrote:
> Apparently Yaris' built in the last 3 years have issues with front
> suspension arm corrosion that can cause a loss of steering control.
> Nice....

I wondered how long it would take for you to *clutch* onto this snippet
of news? Answer; not long! Your desperation is showing.
It's more commonly known as mass manufacturing Darren.
>
>> https://www.theguardian.com/business/2014/apr/09/toyota-recalls-over-6m-cars-worldwide

--
Xeno


Nothing astonishes Noddy so much as common sense and plain dealing.
(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Xeno

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 8:43:39 PMFeb 14
to
Well, at least one of the FLCJC can read and interpret correctly what
they are reading - unlike Mr All Imperial Jeep.

Xeno

unread,
Feb 14, 2024, 8:54:12 PMFeb 14
to
On 15/2/2024 11:48 am, Noddy wrote:
> On 15/02/2024 10:00 am, Daryl wrote:
>> On 15/2/2024 7:41 am, Noddy wrote:
>>> Apparently Yaris' built in the last 3 years have issues with front
>>> suspension arm corrosion that can cause a loss of steering control.
>>> Nice....
>>>
>>>> https://7news.com.au/news/toyota-cars-sold-between-20202023-issued-recall-notices-over-potentially-fatal-defect--c-13555380
>>
>> “The front lower suspension arm may develop cracks and corrode when
>> exposed to road snow melting agents,” the recall said.
>> Doesn't sound much like an Australian problem, doubt that there are
>> too many Yaris driving in snowy conditions in Australia.
>
> Probably not, but then that's just the wording they're using in the
> press release. If they're recalling the car in Australia then it's
> clearly enough of an issue to do something about it regardless.

A cracking suspension arm is obviously enough of an issue by itself -
even in Australia. It just gets much worse in the presence of snow
melting agents, read: salt.
>
> Perhaps Toyota are fearful of another 30 or so people being killed
> because of defective steering, although they managed to keep it
> relatively quiet last time :)
>
>> https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/toyota-corolla-faces-us-safety-probe/news-story/80bf21d06ac071550450ff515ddac557


--
0 new messages