Foxtel

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 1:33:00 AM6/18/22

Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no picture.
the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off the internet
for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

FUCK PUTIN!!

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 2:50:52 AM6/18/22
On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.

problem solved. I have a PC connected to the main TV so I can watch
foxtel in a browser with Foxtel Go

Sylvia Else

Jun 18, 2022, 4:53:18 AM6/18/22
On 18-June-22 4:51 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>

> problem solved. I have a PC connected to the main TV so I can watch
> foxtel in a browser with Foxtel Go

Are they still showing advertisements in the middle of content that
you're paying for?

Sylvia.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 6:10:57 AM6/18/22
yes. they show advertisements in everything except movies, afaik. I
guess if there were no ads the subscription would be much higher.
however, with any show that's live, you can restart it by pressing the
red button so you can skip ads. you can also schedule record or download
shows to do the  same. find what you want to save using search
including  voice search, on actors or movie titles, or from the menues.
btw, it was reported in the media recently that Netflix is considering
inserting ads into their content.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"So some infantile nonsense and running away again
I see. Your standard MO." -Clocky on Keefy

"once again the dickhead in Coward Castle snipes from behind his
killfile which is all he's capable of doing" -felix on noddy

FUCK PUTIN!!

Noddy

Jun 18, 2022, 7:11:27 AM6/18/22
On 18/06/2022 6:53 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
> On 18-June-22 4:51 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>>

>> problem solved. I have a PC connected to the main TV so I can watch
>> foxtel in a browser with Foxtel Go

Presumably Clueless Clasener will be along any moment now to chastise
you for making this completely off topic post in a cars group.....

Regards,
Noddy.

Xeno

Jun 18, 2022, 7:42:57 AM6/18/22
Well, it could have been marked OT but it at least was posted to a more
relevant newsgroup as well. Look up Darren, see *aus.computers*???

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Sylvia Else

Jun 18, 2022, 8:54:40 AM6/18/22
On 18-June-22 8:11 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 6:53 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

>>> problem solved. I have a PC connected to the main TV so I can watch
>>> foxtel in a browser with Foxtel Go
>>>

>> Are they still showing advertisements in the middle of content that
>> you're paying for?
>

> yes. they show advertisements in everything except movies, afaik. I
> guess if there were no ads the subscription would be much higher.
> however, with any show that's live, you can restart it by pressing the
> red button so you can skip ads. you can also schedule record or download
> shows to do the  same. find what you want to save using search
> including  voice search, on actors or movie titles, or from the menues.
> btw, it was reported in the media recently that Netflix is considering
> inserting ads into their content.

Netflix is considering offering lower subscriptions to those willing to
accept ads. I don't think Netflix is insane enough to think they can
just inflict ads on their existing subscribers.

Sylvia.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:27:51 AM6/18/22
On 18/06/2022 9:42 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/6/2022 9:11 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Presumably Clueless Clasener will be along any moment now to chastise
>> you for making this completely off topic post in a cars group.....
>>
> Well, it could have been marked OT but it at least was posted to a
> more relevant newsgroup as well. Look up Darren, see *aus.computers*???

yeah I forgot to put OT  :(

Trevor Wilson

Jun 18, 2022, 5:39:57 PM6/18/22
On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no picture.
> the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off the internet
> for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.

**Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?

Insane.

alvey

Jun 18, 2022, 6:03:02 PM6/18/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:39:57 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no picture.
>> the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off the internet
>> for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>

> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>
> Insane.

Settle petal.

Where else can I watch all the GPs, NRL, cricket & Portrait/Landscape
Artist otY?

alvey
Noting that there's only one "moron" in here who thinks that Kayo *isn't*
Foxtel. Howya doin' on that Fraudster? Classic!

keithr0

Jun 18, 2022, 6:19:41 PM6/18/22
On 18/06/2022 9:42 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 18/6/2022 9:11 pm, Noddy wrote:

>> Presumably Clueless Clasener will be along any moment now to chastise
>> you for making this completely off topic post in a cars group.....
>>
> Well, it could have been marked OT but it at least was posted to a more
> relevant newsgroup as well. Look up Darren, see *aus.computers*???

Why is aus.computers any more relevant to a thread about foxtel, maybe
aus.tv would be a better choice.

So congrats to felix cross posting to two irrelevant group in the one
message.

Noddy

Jun 18, 2022, 7:19:30 PM6/18/22
Indeed it would have. The topic is completely irrelevant to both cars
and computers.

> So congrats to felix cross posting to two irrelevant group in the one
> message.

And to Clueless Clasener for showing what a completely hypocritical heap
of shit he is. He made a huge song and dance about Grumpy's photos, but
said next to nothing about Felix's useless irrelevant rant.

You couldn't find people more stupid than this, but it sums up the FLC
perfectly. They're a group of attention whores who exist here for no
reason other than make noise....

Daryl

Jun 18, 2022, 7:43:16 PM6/18/22
On 19/6/2022 7:39 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>

> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>
> Insane.

Even more so when you look at the cost, almost 3 times the price of Netflix.
I have access to Netfix, Kayo, Stan, Disney and Prime, we share the cost
and the logins amongst the family, I pay for Netflix, Prime and Disney
and the total cost of the 3 is still less than Foxtel.

--
Daryl

Computer Nerd Kev

Jun 18, 2022, 8:07:53 PM6/18/22
In aus.computers Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com> wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 6:53 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:
>>>
>>> problem solved. I have a PC connected to the main TV so I can watch
>>> foxtel in a browser with Foxtel Go
>>
>> Are they still showing advertisements in the middle of content that
>> you're paying for?
>
> yes. they show advertisements in everything except movies, afaik. I
> guess if there were no ads the subscription would be much higher.

If their equation were as simple as that then unless they're paying
for your internet connection now, the subscription should have gone
down.

Before you were paying to get the content delivered to your TV. Now
you're paying to be able to access the content via the internet
service that you (presumably) have to pay your ISP for. You
obviously already had the internet, but if your bandwidth/data
allowance isn't enough to cover the extra traffic for Foxtel, it
could easily cost you more.

From Foxtel's side, they're obviously turning off a massive ammount
of infrastructure which was probably costing a huge amount more
than the cost of running internet video servers. If your logic
held, then they'd pass that saving on as lower subscription fees.
But they won't, because just like with the ads they'll charge
whatever they think their customers are willing to pay.

--
__ __
#_ < |\| |< _#

Max

Jun 18, 2022, 9:15:08 PM6/18/22
I'm not sure why people are so interested in Netflix, Prime and Disney.
It is mostly just American junk.

alvey

Jun 18, 2022, 9:34:56 PM6/18/22
Yeah!
You're soooo much better than that Fraudster. You're here to make noise,
tell great big self-aggrandising lies, demonstrate your comprehensive
cowardice, set world records for hypocrisy *and* spew forth a torrent of
cretinous abuse.

Yep. You're a real winner here Gibbens.

alvey

JONZ

Jun 18, 2022, 9:40:10 PM6/18/22
On 6/19/2022 7:39 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>

> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>
> Insane.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Goes with the territory for some. ;)

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 9:45:19 PM6/18/22
On 19/06/2022 8:19 am, keithr0 wrote:
Oh thank you! that's very kind of you :)

> cross posting to two irrelevant group in the one message.

Trevor Wilson

Jun 18, 2022, 9:51:46 PM6/18/22
On 19/06/2022 8:02 am, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:39:57 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>
>> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no picture.
>>> the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off the internet
>>> for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>>

>> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>>
>> Insane.
>
> Settle petal.
>
> Where else can I watch all the GPs, NRL, cricket & Portrait/Landscape
> Artist otY?

**I have no idea what those things are and I would not pay to watch ads
anyway.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:01:50 PM6/18/22
On 19/06/2022 9:19 am, Noddy wrote:

>>> Well, it could have been marked OT but it at least was posted to a
>>> more relevant newsgroup as well. Look up Darren, see *aus.computers*???
>>>
>> Why is aus.computers any more relevant to a thread about foxtel,
>> maybe aus.tv would be a better choice.
>
> Indeed it would have. The topic is completely irrelevant to both cars
> and computers.

but not to the ppl there, n'est-ce pas

>> So congrats to felix cross posting to two irrelevant group in the one
>> message.
>
> And to Clueless Clasener for showing what a completely hypocritical
> heap of shit he is. He made a huge song and dance about Grumpy's
> photos, but said next to nothing about Felix's useless irrelevant rant.
>
> You couldn't find people more stupid than this, but it sums up the FLC
> perfectly. They're a group of attention whores who exist here for no
> reason other than make noise....

how typical of you to offer nothing but criticism and insults rather
than thanks for some information that might be useful. how much OT stuff
have your mates loonsey and gwumpy posted here? no complaints criticism
or abuse for them! you're more than happy to talk about photography or
whatever other irrelevant stuff to aus.cars they've posted. hypocrite
much? yes you are! and what does it matter if there's no OT prefix?
anyone with half a brain can see from the topic that it's OT.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:05:31 PM6/18/22
by a country mile..

> alvey

JONZ

Jun 18, 2022, 10:08:43 PM6/18/22
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fetch does the job for me. I`m not paying for anything I don`t
want/use.! ( which makes it *free* to use in fact..)

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:08:47 PM6/18/22
On 19/06/2022 7:39 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>
>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>

> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>
> Insane.

no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my reply
to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"So some infantile nonsense and running away again
I see. Your standard MO." -Clocky on Keefy

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:20:13 PM6/18/22
how would that work then from their end? would they run two servers one
with ads and one without? btw, the two options foxtel offer are an IQ4
via satellite or an IQ5. however the IQ5 box has no FTA channels so an
external antenna is needed for them, which is not a problem for me.

> Sylvia.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:23:48 PM6/18/22
yeah, good points. looks like a big win for foxtel.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 10:27:50 PM6/18/22
On 19/06/2022 11:51 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 8:02 am, alvey wrote:

>>> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>>>
>>> Insane.
>>
>> Settle petal.
>>
>> Where else can I watch all the GPs, NRL, cricket & Portrait/Landscape
>> Artist otY?
>
> **I have no idea what those things are and I would not pay to watch
> ads anyway.

then you shouldn't have commented in this thread when you know next to
nothing about the topic, and I've already said how not to watch ads.

Xeno

Jun 18, 2022, 10:40:02 PM6/18/22
In losing the *human race*, he wins.. LOL

Xeno

Jun 18, 2022, 10:42:57 PM6/18/22
My IQ4 also requires an antenna connection for free to air TV. So did
the previous IQ box.

JONZ

Jun 18, 2022, 11:14:10 PM6/18/22
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yairs, therefore the obvious Q is *why* do you hang around aus.cars???.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 11:29:06 PM6/18/22
the IQ3 doesn't have and antenna socket, and only some of the FTA
channels. it also doesn't have any RCA sockets to record to external
sources, like the previous one did, IQ2 I think. apart from recording,
ppl used to use the rca's to connect video senders to watch foxtel in
other rooms, which meant of course they didn't have to pay foxtel to
rent another connection. and being able to record to external sources
meant you could edit recordings and post them to youtube, for example.
for both those reasons I guess that's why the new boxes don't have RCA
sockets.

btw, I hope you don't pay top dollar for your foxtel? because they are
under such competition from streaming sources they will negotiate on
prices. I've paid only discounted rates for many years.

Sylvia Else

Jun 18, 2022, 11:43:21 PM6/18/22
I'm sure they run multiple servers anyway, but I don't see that that
would be needed just to insert advertisements into a stream. It would
depend on a data item in their subscriber database. If it's ads=yes,
then ads get inserted. If it's ads=no, then they don't.

Sylvia.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 18, 2022, 11:53:07 PM6/18/22
Ok

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 12:13:27 AM6/19/22
as a follow up.. I didn't realize aus.tv was still current. last time I
looked some time ago there was virtually nothing there, but checking now
I see there's current traffic.

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 12:15:34 AM6/19/22
so the plan will be to hack their database. I'm sure keefy can help with
that.  :)

Xeno

Jun 19, 2022, 12:29:41 AM6/19/22
As a source for *relevant* TV information/discussion, there are much
better *active* resources - none on usenet.

Given the topic also covered streaming on the internet via Foxtel Go,
your topic was *on.topic* with respect to aus.computers. Lots of people
stream TV on their computers and devices these days, myself included. I
even have installed all the FTA TV apps.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 12:30:00 AM6/19/22
But there is quite a bit of evidence that they have got
that wrong given the big drop in their revenue stream.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 12:33:55 AM6/19/22
I'm not sure why people are so interested stupidly expensive Foxtel.

It is mostly just just sport shit which isnt american or pommy junk. .

Sylvia Else

Jun 19, 2022, 12:34:15 AM6/19/22
Given that that's unlawful anyway, there must be more lucrative ways of
exploiting hacking skills. I'd be willing to subsidise someone's Netflix
subscription if they can demonstrate that they've hacked into Russia and
undermined it's war effort.

Sylvia.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 1:06:46 AM6/19/22
nonsense. you obviously don't have foxtel

Sylvia Else

Jun 19, 2022, 1:19:28 AM6/19/22
On 19-June-22 2:34 pm, Sylvia Else wrote:

<snipped>

Does anyone know how sci.space.policy could have been added to the
groups for that post. I'm using Thunderbird, and I am subscribed to that
group, but I'm certainly not aware of having done anything that might
have added it to the post.

Sylvia.

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 1:39:41 AM6/19/22
Back when pay TV was first available Foxtel more or less had a monopoly
but now there is lots of competition so their high fees just don't make
any sense.
Its even possible that they could increase their overall revenue by
dropping fees if that significantly increased the number of subscribers.

--
Daryl

Trevor Wilson

Jun 19, 2022, 1:41:58 AM6/19/22
**I know quite a bit about the topic. Foxtel charges $50.00/month (and
then some) and users have to sit through ads.

Bizarre.

Trevor Wilson

Jun 19, 2022, 1:43:32 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 12:09 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 7:39 am, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> On 18/06/2022 3:33 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>>>
>>> Foxtel have ceased their cable service. It would be nice if they told
>>> their customers tho, as I had to ring to find out why I had no
>>> picture. the good news is they give you a new IQ5 box that runs off
>>> the internet for free. Bad news is I have no foxtel until I get it.
>>>

>> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>>
>> Insane.
>>

> no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my reply
> to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!

**I know that users pay Foxtel, so they can watch ads.

Trevor Wilson

Jun 19, 2022, 1:45:40 AM6/19/22
**Yep. I have three Fetch boxes. Two with hard drives and one without.
Exceptionally well resolved system. One converts my ancient Panasonic
Plasma into a smart TV.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 2:06:14 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 3:43 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 12:09 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>> no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my
>> reply to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!
>>

> **I know that users pay Foxtel, so they can watch ads.

I think you might be making a false argument there Trevor. I don't
believe many Foxtel customers would actually pay to watch ads. They
would pay to watch the shows they want to watch, and the ads are thrown
in whether they like it or not.

Regards,
Noddy.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 2:40:24 AM6/19/22
Trivial to check the program guide, stupid.

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 2:41:26 AM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:41:54 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> On 19/06/2022 12:28 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> **I have no idea what those things are and I would not pay to watch
>>> ads anyway.
>>>

>> then you shouldn't have commented in this thread when you know next to
>> nothing about the topic, and I've already said how not to watch ads.
>>

> **I know quite a bit about the topic.

Seeing as you know squat about Foxtels' programming and contractual
broadcast rights then your "quite a bit" actually equates to 'bugger all'.

> Foxtel charges $50.00/month (and
> then some) and users have to sit through ads.
>
> Bizarre.

Swings and roundabouts Trev. Please name an alternative to Fox which can
match, or better, its breadth & quality of subjects.

alvey
FTA is over-priced.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 2:42:54 AM6/19/22
No it didn't.

> but now there is lots of competition so their high fees just don't make
> any sense.

They never did unless you wanted sport.

> Its even possible that they could increase their overall revenue by
> dropping fees if that significantly increased the number of subscribers.

Can't see that myself.

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 2:48:19 AM6/19/22
Hmmmm.
Perhaps the FLC members could try cabling one up their arses then...

alvey

alvey

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 2:52:01 AM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:43:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> On 19/06/2022 12:09 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>>>
>>> Insane.
>>>

>> no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my reply
>> to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!
>>

> **I know that users pay Foxtel, so they can watch ads.

There's an alternative you know. Pox users pay to avoid the diabolically
bad FTA tv.

hth

alvey

Max

Jun 19, 2022, 3:05:43 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 2:33 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
There is no need for either Foxtel or the American streaming services.
Australian free to air channels are the only thing that's needed.

Max

Jun 19, 2022, 3:06:50 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 4:51 pm, alvey wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:43:29 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

>>> no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my reply
>>> to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!
>>>

>> **I know that users pay Foxtel, so they can watch ads.
>
> There's an alternative you know. Pox users pay to avoid the diabolically
> bad FTA tv.

FTA tv is how you get Australian content. Not everyone is interested in
American and UK crap.

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 3:59:47 AM6/19/22
Nope, but this is how capitalism works.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 4:31:45 AM6/19/22
aliens did it! :)

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 4:32:37 AM6/19/22
which they have done

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 4:37:15 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 3:41 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 12:28 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> **I have no idea what those things are and I would not pay to watch
>>> ads anyway.
>>>

>> then you shouldn't have commented in this thread when you know next
>> to nothing about the topic, and I've already said how not to watch ads.
>>

> **I know quite a bit about the topic. Foxtel charges $50.00/month (and
> then some)

their prices vary a lot depending on when you sign up and what deals are
current, and how good your bargaining skills are. I pay only $29 a month.

> and users have to sit through ads.

I think this will be the third time now that I've told you it's not
necessary to sit thru ads.

> Bizarre.

that you still haven't got it? yes it is!

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 4:38:03 AM6/19/22
I concur

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 5:02:15 AM6/19/22
that interpretation is correct. trevs statement is false and misleading.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 5:03:09 AM6/19/22
your comment is still wrong

lindsay

Jun 19, 2022, 5:12:41 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 12:02 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

> how typical of you to offer nothing but criticism and insults

You keep supplying the ammo to criticise, Spazpecker!!

rather
> than thanks for some information that might be useful. how much OT stuff
> have your mates loonsey

Fetid invokes my new nickname... ready to run away AGAIN felix?

> and gwumpy posted here?

In my case, a fair bit maybe up to two subjects a month..., BUT 90% of
it is marked "OT". Your leader even corrected me when I missed one post,
yet didn't have much to say when I showed him half a dozen of his own
new posts that wern't marked. Suprise!

Tommy plays wannabe net-cop re Grumpys post that WAS marked OT, and
therefore legitimate to this or any group, yet said nothing about yours
that wasnt, AND was crossposted to two unrelated groups.. Spineless
hypocritical cunt he is.

no complaints criticism
> or abuse for them! you're more than happy to talk about photography or
> whatever other irrelevant stuff to aus.cars they've posted. hypocrite
> much? yes you are! and what does it matter if there's no OT prefix?

It matters to those who simply use the prefix "OT" to filter/remove
posts marked as such, so they dont even see them, simpleton. Ask Alvey.

> anyone with half a brain can see from the topic that it's OT.

"Half a brain"? Well, thats you fucked, Spazpecker the Dull.

Love

Loonsey.

:-D

lindsay

Jun 19, 2022, 5:18:55 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 2:29 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 19/6/2022 2:13 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>> as a follow up.. I didn't realize aus.tv was still current. last time
>> I looked some time ago there was virtually nothing there, but checking
>> now I see there's current traffic.

Fair enough, Felix. Perhaps check before you post next time.

> As a source for *relevant* TV information/discussion, there are much
> better *active* resources - none on usenet.
>
> Given the topic also covered streaming on the internet via Foxtel Go,
> your topic was *on.topic* with respect to aus.computers.

So, wannabe net-cop, give him a spray for 1; crossposting, and 2:
posting to an *off.topic* group without using the prefix in the subject
header. You had a crack at Grumpy for doing the same thing and he ,
didnt crosspost, AND he used the prefix "OT". All legit.

But you're hiding behind a "supremely gutless killfile" aren't you :-D

Lots of people
> stream TV on their computers and devices these days, myself included. I
> even have installed all the FTA TV apps.

Clap, clap....

lindsay

Jun 19, 2022, 5:28:09 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 5:05 pm, Max wrote:

>> I'm not sure why people are so interested stupidly expensive Foxtel.

x-foxtel customer here.

> There is no need for either Foxtel or the American streaming services.
> Australian free to air channels are the only thing that's needed.

Or wanted? Think of that?

Yeah, I just lurve Alf Stewart every night... not.

>> It is mostly just just sport shit which isnt american or pommy junk.

You wouldn't know if you didnt subscribe to some of them. Mate (name and
number available) gave me a heads up re Amazon Prime. $6.95 per month,
so many benefits that i couldnt be buggered typing them all out, but a
series thats only available on Prime called "Reacher" is worth it
alone. As a newbie to it, loving it. excellent value for the money.
$7.00 a month. A schooner of beer. Woot!

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 5:28:43 AM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 17:05:40 +1000, Max <m...@val.morgan> wrote:

> On 19/06/2022 2:33 pm, Rod Speed wrote:

>>> I'm not sure why people are so interested in Netflix, Prime and
>>> Disney. It is mostly just American junk.
>> I'm not sure why people are so interested stupidly expensive Foxtel.
>>

> There is no need for either Foxtel or the American streaming services.

There is no need for usenet either, stupid.

> Australian free to air channels are the only thing that's needed.

Bullshit with sport particularly.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 5:30:24 AM6/19/22
Which is shit compared with the best content.

> Not everyone is interested in American and UK crap.

Not everyone is interest in local crap.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 5:31:25 AM6/19/22
And communism doesnt work at all.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 5:33:04 AM6/19/22
Nope, dope.

lindsay

Jun 19, 2022, 5:39:34 AM6/19/22
And not everyone enjoys Neighbours, Home and Away, Big Brother, My
Kitchen Rules, and Married at First Sight, for fucks sake!

Max

Jun 19, 2022, 5:49:39 AM6/19/22
I only like the Australian content, because being Australian I relate to
the people and cultural references on those shows.

But each to their own. I went through phases where I hated all those shows.

F Murtz

Jun 19, 2022, 5:59:15 AM6/19/22
Why?

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 6:24:18 AM6/19/22
because it isn't just "sport shit which isnt american or pommy junk"

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

"So some infantile nonsense and running away again
I see. Your standard MO." -Clocky on Keefy

Clocky

Jun 19, 2022, 6:57:06 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 1:43 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 12:09 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:

>>> **Are there morons who STILL use Foxtel? You pay money to watch ads?
>>>
>>> Insane.
>>>

>> no stupid, I already posted why I don't have to watch ads. (see my
>> reply to Sylvia). and what do you know about foxtel anyway? it's great!
>>

> **I know that users pay Foxtel, so they can watch ads.

Nobody is paying to watch the ads. They are paying to watch the shows
and they get to suffer the ads.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Clocky

Jun 19, 2022, 7:00:01 AM6/19/22
That might be true, but most American crap is lowest common denominator
garbage that lowers the IQ of it's audience, if that's even possible.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 7:01:21 AM6/19/22
Same here.

Had Foxtel for years until there were alternatives, and as soon as there
was I flicked it and will never be back. These days I have Netflix,
Stan, Amazon Prime and one or two others for *way* less than the cost of
Foxtel alone, with the added bonus of there not only being way more
content that what Foxtel were dishing out but I can watch what I want
*when* I want to watch it.

Regards,
Noddy.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 7:14:08 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 7:18 pm, lindsay wrote:
> On 19/06/2022 2:29 pm, Xeno wrote:
>> On 19/6/2022 2:13 pm, Yosemite Sam wrote:
>
>>> as a follow up.. I didn't realize aus.tv was still current. last time
>>> I looked some time ago there was virtually nothing there, but
>>> checking now I see there's current traffic.
>
> Fair enough, Felix. Perhaps check before you post next time.

Don't hold your breath. This is the "Post first, think later" moron in
full flight.

>> As a source for *relevant* TV information/discussion, there are much
>> better *active* resources - none on usenet.
>>
>> Given the topic also covered streaming on the internet via Foxtel Go,
>> your topic was *on.topic* with respect to aus.computers.
>
> So, wannabe net-cop, give him a spray for 1; crossposting, and 2:
> posting to an *off.topic* group without using the prefix in the subject
> header. You had a crack at Grumpy for doing the same thing and he ,
> didnt crosspost, AND he used the prefix "OT". All legit.
>
> But you're hiding behind a "supremely gutless killfile" aren't you :-D

Just another example of what a ridiculously irrelevant cock sucker he is.

> Lots of people
>> stream TV on their computers and devices these days, myself included.
>> I even have installed all the FTA TV apps.
>
> Clap, clap....

Yeah, that's nice, but what in the blue fuck does it have to do with
*aus.cars*? Remember a mere 6 days ago when this this useless vegetable
had *nothing* of value to add to a thread (as usual) but posted this
load of rubbish in response to an aus.cars regular making an off topic post:

> Have you given consideration to posting such things to *relevant*
> newsgroups?
> There are a few you know. Try;
>
> rec.animals.wildlife
> rec.birds
> uk.rec.birdwatching
> alt.photography
> aus.photo
>
> They might be interested. In case you hadn't noticed, aus.cars is a
> newsgroup related to *cars* as well as being home for a self
> aggrandising bullshit artist named Darren who fancies himself as a
> mechanic and the king of aus.cars, fraudulently in both cases it has to
> be said.

...yet now when one of his brain dead subordinates does the same thing
but adds to the mix by cross posting it into *another* irrelevant group
this blithering imbecile not only thinks it's okay but goes to the
trouble of inventing all kinds of ridiculously hypocritical excuses for
doing so.

Hey Felix? Next time you do something as retarded as this see if you can
cross post it into as many groups as possible. That way a great many
people will get to see that you and Clasener are two of the thickest
fucktards to have access to a keyboard.

lindsay

Jun 19, 2022, 7:51:55 AM6/19/22
I'm also Australian, (not that it makes a difference) and am profoundly
embarrassed that FTA TV in Australia thinks that the majority of average
punters would admit to enjoying the absolute slop that they dish up
under the guise of entertainment. There's a reason that the likes of
Foxtel, Netflix, Prime are doing so well, and Alf Stewart isnt it.

And lo-and-behold, they have an awards nite for it. "The Logies".... A
simple waste of space. Patting themselves on the back.

> But each to their own.  I went through phases where I hated all those
> shows.

I've grew out of "phases" a long time ago. I remember when Aus TV was
entertainment. Remember The Penthouse Club? John Torv's Music Video
show? Hey Hey it's Saturday? The Don Lane Show? Kevin Dennis New Faces?
Blankety Blanks? Great Temptation and then Sale of the Century?

Yet now we have a bunch of mindless dribble, that we're told are rating
successes; "back due to popular demand" like Big Brother. No wonder pay
tv is doing a roaring trade.... coz FTA is rubbish.

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 8:53:44 AM6/19/22
Didn't know there was any local crap let alone any worth watching.
Unfortunately free to air TV is worth exactly what we pay for it and
getting worse by the day.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 8:55:26 AM6/19/22
I find it difficult to believe that anyone watches any of those shows.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 8:59:57 AM6/19/22
Spot on, even the occasional show on FTA that I used to like such as
Wheeler Dealers is destroyed by endless repeats.
I watch the occasional travel show but not much else.

--
Daryl

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 9:01:47 AM6/19/22
Agree, Prime is very good value.

--
Daryl

Petzl

Jun 19, 2022, 9:02:10 AM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 16:40:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
<rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:07:06 +1000, Yosemite Sam <fe...@goaway.com> wrote:

>>> I'm not sure why people are so interested stupidly expensive Foxtel.
>>>
>>> It is mostly just just sport shit which isnt american or pommy junk. .
>>

>> nonsense. you obviously don't have foxtel
>
>Trivial to check the program guide, stupid.

The company I worked provided Fox via sat link.
I found it boring and worthless.
However there we some who liked cricket.
--
Petzl
Australian's continue to vote for and believe slogans?

"My first act as Prime Minister will be to raise the speed limit, lower the
fines, cancel the tolls. ban any future virus lock downs.
Thank you " Anthony Albanese

Daryl

Jun 19, 2022, 9:04:28 AM6/19/22
Yep, just finished watching the German MotoGP on Kayo which my son pays
for, I usually watch F1 but not tonight since it doesn't start till
2.30am, even I'm not that dedicated:-)
Neither are reliably live on FTA.

--
Daryl

Grumpy Tech

Jun 19, 2022, 9:15:06 AM6/19/22
How could you forget Kingswood Country? Or The Box...

How about Aunty Jack, or Norman Gunston, not to forget Acroplis Now, or
Effie. Mother and son was a classic. Hoges? Thank god you're here.

None of them would pass the sniff test these days, way too offensive.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 9:58:26 AM6/19/22
Agreed. Apart from the nightly news I don't watch any FTA tv as there's
nothing I find entertaining. Most of my TV watching is done late at
night when I fall asleep in front of a TV in a recliner, and for the
most part I usually do so watching a doco on prime.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 10:01:08 AM6/19/22
There isn't.

> Unfortunately free to air TV is worth exactly what we pay for it and
> getting worse by the day.

That's why I don't watch it. Even the nightly news services these days
are more about editorial than reporting the facts, and it's getting to
the point where I just turn it off and listen to the radio.

Noddy

Jun 19, 2022, 10:02:11 AM6/19/22
Yep. You need your head examined to be entertained by brain poison like
that.

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 10:14:40 AM6/19/22
On 19/06/2022 10:55 pm, Daryl wrote:
some ppl even watch gogglebox

--
https://tinyurl.com/Yosemite-Sam

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 10:27:14 AM6/19/22
life these days is way too serious. everyone is 'offended' by something.
there's no fun anymore, thanks to all the PC bullshit and lunatic fringe
groups. you have to watch what you say, watch what you do.

Clocky

Jun 19, 2022, 12:01:01 PM6/19/22
Is that the one where the film the reactions of lowest common
denominator bogans (aka Ford drivers) watching crap shows on TV?

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 3:04:16 PM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 19:39:28 +1000, lindsay <no...@nunnya.business.com.au>
wrote:
In fact I never ever watch any of that shit.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 3:10:50 PM6/19/22
Corse there is, most obviously with 4 Corners, Insight,
Million Dollar Murders, 60 Minutes etc etc etc.

> let alone any worth watching.

> Unfortunately free to air TV is worth exactly what we pay for it and
> getting worse by the day.

Bullshit.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 3:13:45 PM6/19/22
Not completely, Grand Designs Australia and Grand Designs NZ
are worth watching but they show up on the ABC eventually.

> However there we some who liked cricket.

Yeah, much better for sport if you are into that shit.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 3:19:10 PM6/19/22
I don't even watch that anymore, I prefer the ABC Just In and the BBC
RSS for news now.

> Most of my TV watching is done late at night when I fall asleep in front
> of a TV in a recliner,

Most of mine is with the beer before dinner and during dinner.

> and for the most part I usually do so watching a doco on prime.

Me too doco wise, but mostly from the ABC and
SBS with some of the real crime from 9 and 7

Couldn't find anything of interest on Prime on
the few occasions I have had it for free to get
free or cheaper shipping from the USA.

Rod Speed

Jun 19, 2022, 3:22:03 PM6/19/22
On Mon, 20 Jun 2022 00:01:06 +1000, Noddy <m...@home.com> wrote:

> On 19/06/2022 10:53 pm, Daryl wrote:
>> On 19/6/2022 7:30 pm, Rod Speed wrote:
>
>>> Not everyone is interest in local crap.
>> Didn't know there was any local crap let alone any worth watching.
>
> There isn't.

Bullshit with the docos.

>> Unfortunately free to air TV is worth exactly what we pay for it and
>> getting worse by the day.
>
> That's why I don't watch it. Even the nightly news services these days
> are more about editorial than reporting the facts,

Yeah, specially with the ABC. Thats the big advantage with the ABC Just In,
you can skipe the editorial from fools like Gratten, Speers and Tingle.

> and it's getting to the point where I just turn it off and listen to the
> radio.

I never ever listen to the radio, its much worse again.

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 4:12:01 PM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 21:14:03 +1000, Noddy wrote:

snip whining

Hey Fraudster!

Instead of filling your tiresome posts with peurile insults of your enemies
intelligence, you know, "brain dead", "imbecile", "fucktard", "moron" etc
etc, why not just get yourself a footer which says something like, "Hi, my
name is Darren and I'm a deeply insecure person"? It won't tell people
anything new, but it will save you some typing.

HTH

alvey

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 4:29:12 PM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 21:01:14 +1000, Noddy wrote:

>> You wouldn't know if you didnt subscribe to some of them. Mate (name and
>> number available) gave me a heads up re Amazon Prime. $6.95 per month,
>> so many benefits that i couldnt be buggered typing them all out, but a
>> series thats only available on Prime called  "Reacher" is worth it
>> alone. As a newbie to it, loving it. excellent value for the money.
>> $7.00 a month. A schooner of beer. Woot!
>
> Same here.
>
> Had Foxtel for years until there were alternatives, and as soon as there
> was I flicked it

Lie. You were years behind in streaming Fraudster.

But do tell the nice people what you flicked Foxtel for Fraudster.
Being rhetorical there, I know you won't, so I will! Yes folks, the Bumhole
Bogan ditched Foxtel and signed up for Kayo! Loudly proclaiming that it
absolutely wasn't Fox Sports and how it was shitloads better than Fox
Sports. Jesus we laughed! And to think that this is the bloke who calls
others "morons" etc.

> and will never be back.

Yeah, but what's your word worth? Like, nearly 4 years ago you brayed that
you were leaving here soon.

> These days I have Netflix, Stan, Amazon Prime and one or two others for
> *way* less than the cost of > Foxtel alone,

Probably about the same if you add in Kayo. (Fox Platinum is now $100 pm).

> with the added bonus of there not only being way more
> content that what Foxtel were dishing out

So 5-6 services provide more content than one? He's a jenios that
Fraudster.

> but I can watch what I want
> *when* I want to watch it.

Umm. You can pretty much do that on Fox now Fraudster.

Well played Fraudster!

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 4:32:32 PM6/19/22
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 19:49:31 +1000, Max wrote:

> On 19/06/2022 7:39 pm, lindsay wrote:

>>> FTA tv is how you get Australian content. Not everyone is interested
>>> in American and UK crap.
>>
>> And not everyone enjoys Neighbours, Home and Away, Big Brother, My
>> Kitchen Rules, and Married at First Sight, for fucks sake!
>>

> I only like the Australian content, because being Australian I relate to
> the people and cultural references on those shows.
>
> But each to their own. I went through phases where I hated all those shows.

What caused the change? A cranial injury?

alvey

Jun 19, 2022, 4:40:38 PM6/19/22
We, that being me and some other normal people, had a discussion a couple
of weeks back as to whether 'The Life of Brian' could be made now. The
concensus was 'No', not because of religion, but due to the number of
characters with speech impediments.

alvey
"Frow him to the fwoar centurion!"

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 6:30:13 PM6/19/22
and other stuff

> alvey
> "Frow him to the fwoar centurion!"

yes, lol .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx_G2a2hL6U

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 6:36:45 PM6/19/22
that's the one!

Yosemite Sam

Jun 19, 2022, 6:52:32 PM6/19/22
yeah, sure you do fraudster. 'we' believe you, honest we do. anyhoo my
foxtel subscription is less than the total cost of those, even without
the 'one or two others'

> Probably about the same if you add in Kayo. (Fox Platinum is now $100 pm).

except you never have to pay full price if you're smart, which lets
noddy out of course

>> with the added bonus of there not only being way more
>> content that what Foxtel were dishing out
> So 5-6 services provide more content than one? He's a jenios that
> Fraudster.

LOL. but quality trumps quantity every time.

>> but I can watch what I want
>> *when* I want to watch it.
> Umm. You can pretty much do that on Fox now Fraudster.

of course you can, anything anytime. and you can find it just by asking
(literally) the remote control to find it for you

--
It is loading more messages.