Car prices have fallen (proof)

Trevor Wilson

Aug 30, 2021, 1:32:39 AM8/30/21
Dunno why I didn't consider it, but I have found a new car, available in
Australia, that has fallen in price since it was first launched in 1994.
I refer, of course, to the Subaru WRX:

https://www.carsales.com.au/subaru/impreza/price/1994/wrx-272947/#pricing-disclaimer

Excluding on-roads, the 1994 WRX cost $41,990.00 (1994 Dollars). In
1996, the price shot up another 5 Grand.

Today, the cost of a new WRX (excluding on-roads) is:

https://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-and-wrx-sti/design

$40,990.00 (click on detailed pricing).

So, to the two people on this group who think that car prices have
constantly risen, I present the above evidence to prove that it is not
always the case.

For everyone else, you may ignore the above information. largely because
sane people take inflation into account. Nonetheless, it kinda makes the
WRX a bit of a bargain.

Daryl

Aug 30, 2021, 2:48:19 AM8/30/21
There you go, the exception that proves the rule:-)
BTW we paid about $52,000.00 for our WRX in Jan 2015.

--
Daryl

Noddy

Aug 30, 2021, 3:13:52 AM8/30/21
On 30/08/2021 3:32 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
> Dunno why I didn't consider it, but I have found a new car, available in
> Australia, that has fallen in price since it was first launched in 1994.
> I refer, of course, to the Subaru WRX:
>
> https://www.carsales.com.au/subaru/impreza/price/1994/wrx-272947/#pricing-disclaimer

You didn't consider it because your selection criteria was for a
*wagon*. If I remember correctly a Rex was recommended to you at the
time, but you poo-pooed it because it wasn't a wagon.

> Excluding on-roads, the 1994 WRX cost $41,990.00 (1994 Dollars). In
> 1996, the price shot up another 5 Grand.
>
> Today, the cost of a new WRX (excluding on-roads) is:
>
> https://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-and-wrx-sti/design
>
> $40,990.00 (click on detailed pricing).
>
> So, to the two people on this group who think that car prices have
> constantly risen, I present the above evidence to prove that it is not
> always the case.

One sparrow does not a Summer make.

> For everyone else, you may ignore the above information. largely because
> sane people take inflation into account.

I think you mean "fucktards". They'd be the same fucktards who quote
"relative" prices without stating who they'd be "relative" to :)

> Nonetheless, it kinda makes the WRX a bit of a bargain.

Kind of, but it's an old car at the end if it's model life and isn't
selling particularly well, hence the price reduction incentive :)

This may be more up your alley:

> https://www.motor1.com/news/528798/subaru-wrx-wagon-levorg-based/

Regards,
Noddy.

Clocky

Aug 30, 2021, 3:27:06 AM8/30/21
Both of them have proven themselves to be financial and economic
incompetents several times now.

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 4:01:32 AM8/30/21
On 30/8/21 5:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/08/2021 3:32 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Dunno why I didn't consider it, but I have found a new car, available
>> in Australia, that has fallen in price since it was first launched in
>> 1994. I refer, of course, to the Subaru WRX:
>>
>> https://www.carsales.com.au/subaru/impreza/price/1994/wrx-272947/#pricing-disclaimer
>

> You didn't consider it because your selection criteria was for a
> *wagon*. If I remember correctly a Rex was recommended to you at the
> time, but you poo-pooed it because it wasn't a wagon.
>
>> Excluding on-roads, the 1994 WRX cost $41,990.00 (1994 Dollars). In
>> 1996, the price shot up another 5 Grand.
>>
>> Today, the cost of a new WRX (excluding on-roads) is:
>>
>> https://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-and-wrx-sti/design
>>
>> $40,990.00 (click on detailed pricing).
>>
>> So, to the two people on this group who think that car prices have
>> constantly risen, I present the above evidence to prove that it is not
>> always the case.
>
> One sparrow does not a Summer make.

That humble sparrow shot your argument to shit though!

>> For everyone else, you may ignore the above information. largely
>> because sane people take inflation into account.
>
> I think you mean "fucktards". They'd be the same fucktards who quote

No Darren, that term you just used refers to you, and Daryl. You were
simply looking at your reflection in a mirror - again! You do that a
lot. The rest of us are *sane* and understand the arithmetic and nuances
of *finance*. Yeah, I know, you have already shown that monetary matters
are beyond your ken.

> "relative" prices without stating who they'd be "relative" to :)

Relative to everyone who earns, has, and uses money in Australia. All of
us, pretty much without exception, are affected by *inflation*.

>> Nonetheless, it kinda makes the WRX a bit of a bargain.
>
> Kind of, but it's an old car at the end if it's model life and isn't
> selling particularly well, hence the price reduction incentive :)

At the end of the day Darren, it's *still* cheaper! You really don't
have a clue about finance, do you? Or arithmetic for that matter. No
wonder you failed to qualify for an apprenticeship.

> This may be more up your alley:
>
>> https://www.motor1.com/news/528798/subaru-wrx-wagon-levorg-based/

--

Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 4:23:04 AM8/30/21
And in the automotive trade too - Les' engine comes readily to mind.
They both played a role in that disaster. One *didn't* do a simple check
- and *lied* about it, the other *couldn't* do the check. Dumb and
dumber for sure!

Clocky

Aug 30, 2021, 8:05:20 PM8/30/21
On 30/08/2021 3:13 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 30/08/2021 3:32 pm, Trevor Wilson wrote:
>> Dunno why I didn't consider it, but I have found a new car, available
>> in Australia, that has fallen in price since it was first launched in
>> 1994. I refer, of course, to the Subaru WRX:
>>
>> https://www.carsales.com.au/subaru/impreza/price/1994/wrx-272947/#pricing-disclaimer
>

> You didn't consider it because your selection criteria was for a
> *wagon*. If I remember correctly a Rex was recommended to you at the
> time, but you poo-pooed it because it wasn't a wagon.
>
>> Excluding on-roads, the 1994 WRX cost $41,990.00 (1994 Dollars). In
>> 1996, the price shot up another 5 Grand.
>>
>> Today, the cost of a new WRX (excluding on-roads) is:
>>
>> https://www.subaru.com.au/wrx-and-wrx-sti/design
>>
>> $40,990.00 (click on detailed pricing).
>>
>> So, to the two people on this group who think that car prices have
>> constantly risen, I present the above evidence to prove that it is not
>> always the case.
>
> One sparrow does not a Summer make.

...sigh.

You are so fucking dumb, seriously.

jonz

Aug 30, 2021, 10:14:15 PM8/30/21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UH HUH, *That* from the bloke who reckoned windscreens have a layer of
plastic on the outside!..

 (Until he was disabused of that crackpot idea.)

--
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea. Massive,
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it." — Gene

Yosemite Sam

Aug 30, 2021, 10:29:47 PM8/30/21
certainly is. I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt noddy came to my
place to change a tyre on my car. he brought two of his seedy mates and
they drank my Heinekens, lol. I don't know why he came because I did all
the work and he just watched. crazy stuff we dream.

--
"A mans got to know his limitations"
- clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry

alvey

Aug 30, 2021, 11:07:41 PM8/30/21
On Mon, 30 Aug 2021 15:32:33 +1000, Trevor Wilson wrote:

> Dunno why I didn't consider it... snip

Neither do I.

Producing "proof" that the Fraudster & Deryl are idiots would be world's
most redundant exercise.

alvey

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 11:11:28 PM8/30/21
Good one! Lucky I had finished my coffee.

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 11:12:25 PM8/30/21
He wears his stupidity on his sleeve like a badge of honour.

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 11:12:56 PM8/30/21
That's not a dream, that's a nightmare of the worst kind.

Noddy

Aug 30, 2021, 11:27:10 PM8/30/21
On 31/08/2021 12:14 pm, jonz wrote:
> On 8/30/2021 5:27 PM, Clocky wrote:

>> Both of them have proven themselves to be financial and economic
>> incompetents several times now.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> UH HUH, *That* from the bloke who reckoned windscreens have a layer of
> plastic on the outside!..
>
>  (Until he was disabused of that crackpot idea.)

He's clueless beyond any kind of level that you'd think a "lisenced"
mechanic would be capable of, but yet here he is day after day talking
himself up as if he can't go a day without his ego needing it ;)

Why don't you ask him about window tinting, and how he claimed that it
kept car interiors up to 6 degrees cooler. That is, until I presented
him with the evidence to show that he had no idea what the fuck he was
talking about.

He's just another typical Commodore driving munt. He should have stuck
to selling toasters or washing machines or whatever the fuck it was he
did in "retail" :)

Xeno

Aug 30, 2021, 11:35:39 PM8/30/21
On 31/8/21 1:27 pm, Noddy wrote:

> He's clueless beyond any kind of level that you'd think a "lisenced"
> mechanic would be capable of, but yet here he is day after day talking
> himself up as if he can't go a day without his ego needing it ;)
>
> Why don't you ask him about window tinting, and how he claimed that it
> kept car interiors up to 6 degrees cooler. That is, until I presented
> him with the evidence to show that he had no idea what the fuck he was
> talking about.
>
> He's just another typical Commodore driving munt. He should have stuck
> to selling toasters or washing machines or whatever the fuck it was he
> did in "retail" :)

The above from a delusional twat who had to invent his entire automotive
career! Yeah, right!

Yosemite Sam

Aug 31, 2021, 12:22:08 AM8/31/21
coulda been worse. we might have gone out for dinner or sumptin..

Yosemite Sam

Aug 31, 2021, 12:22:48 AM8/31/21
On 31/08/2021 1:35 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 31/8/21 1:27 pm, Noddy wrote:
>>
>> He's clueless beyond any kind of level that you'd think a "lisenced"
>> mechanic would be capable of, but yet here he is day after day
>> talking himself up as if he can't go a day without his ego needing it ;)
>>
>> Why don't you ask him about window tinting, and how he claimed that
>> it kept car interiors up to 6 degrees cooler. That is, until I
>> presented him with the evidence to show that he had no idea what the
>> fuck he was talking about.
>>
>> He's just another typical Commodore driving munt. He should have
>> stuck to selling toasters or washing machines or whatever the fuck it
>> was he did in "retail" :)
>>
> The above from a delusional twat who had to invent his entire
> automotive career! Yeah, right!

he aint called the fraudster for no good reason

Xeno

Aug 31, 2021, 12:43:27 AM8/31/21
Yep, he's a damning indictment on society, that much is sure.

alvey

Aug 31, 2021, 2:35:23 AM8/31/21
On Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:27:03 +1000, Noddy wrote:

> He's clueless beyond any kind of level that you'd think a "lisenced"
> mechanic...

LOL!

Fraudster can't even get close to *spelling* 'licensed', let alone being
one! Hahahahahahahahahaha!

What a buffoon! Or as Der Der would say, 'Boofun'.

Love your work Der Der.

alvey

Clocky

Aug 31, 2021, 5:09:27 AM8/31/21
Yeah he done spell so good niether. No wunder he neva done pass any exam
eva.