Stupid F##ks driving trucks.

1 view

Doug Jewell

Sep 17, 2009, 5:44:41 PM9/17/09
Last night a milk tanker rolled at the corner of James &
Cohoe Sts (near the top of the range, Warrego Hwy) in
Toowoomba. Thank goodness it was a milk tanker that came
unstuck, and not a fuel tanker.

There was a witness outside his nearby house having a smoke
at the time and saw the whole thing happen. Said truckie was
driving far too fast for the corner. He estimated he would
have tried to take the corner at about 70. (60km/hr limit,
40km/hr advisory sign). Nothing new really, over the years
there have been quite a few trucks tip over there, all
because they don't slow down enough for the tight corner.
I've seen countless trucks go through there so fast that
they need to use both lanes to get through.

You'd think that a rollover (which I'm sure would be heavily
communicated on UHF), police cars with lights on etc would
be enough to make truck drivers slow down a little when
coming through the section. But no. About 2 hours after the
rollover, the truck had just been removed, and the left lane
reopened to traffic. A number of police cars were still in
the right lane with lights on while the last of the debris
was cleaned up. One of the first trucks through after they
reopened, goes boring through at a stupidly high speed (I'd
guess about 60), obviously with the intent of using the
whole road for his exit. I watched him start to veer over to
the right lane, then obviously realised there were still
people and vehicles there, and pulled tight back to the left
lane. The trailer started to tilt and the emergency services
people scattered. Luckily he managed to stay upright.

Yup - the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to
gravitate into the truck driving industry. Obviously not all
are like it, but they have more than their fair share of
idiots.

--
What is the difference between a duck?

George W Frost

Sep 17, 2009, 6:23:31 PM9/17/09

"Doug Jewell" <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote in message

Yes ...the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to be emergency
services personnel, who should not have been standing around on the road
talking.

us...@domain.invalid

Sep 17, 2009, 6:46:04 PM9/17/09
George W Frost wrote:
> "Doug Jewell" <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote in message
>
>> upright.
>>
>> Yup - the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to gravitate into
>> the truck driving industry. Obviously not all are like it, but they have
>> more than their fair share of idiots.
>>
>> --
>> What is the difference between a duck?
>
> Yes ...the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to be emergency
> services personnel, who should not have been standing around on the road
> talking.

Some post you really do live up to your nic

Clocky

Sep 17, 2009, 6:49:39 PM9/17/09
George W Frost wrote:
> "Doug Jewell" <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote in message
>> Last night a milk tanker rolled at the corner of James & Cohoe Sts
>> (near the top of the range, Warrego Hwy) in Toowoomba. Thank
>> goodness it was a milk tanker that came unstuck, and not a fuel
>> tanker.
<snip>

>> Yup - the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to gravitate
>> into the truck driving industry. Obviously not all are like it, but
>> they have more than their fair share of idiots.
>>
>> --
>> What is the difference between a duck?
>
> Yes ...the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to be
> emergency services personnel, who should not have been standing
> around on the road talking.

Let me guess, you're a truck driver?

If not, you are certainly intellectually disabled enough to qualify.

Oz...@crackerbox-palace.com

Sep 17, 2009, 6:51:01 PM9/17/09

Yeah...they stand around with a myriad of lights flashing watching
people drive through accident zones in excess of the speed limit
without pulling them over and tearing up their licences!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

Brad

Sep 17, 2009, 7:20:51 PM9/17/09
The RSPCA should have ben there to clean up the mess, I know the cats would
have liked it.
Had a mate that carried packaged milk and he would empty all the damaged
containers into 20l drums and I would feed it to my pigs, after a few weeks
the pigs would go crazy when they saw the milk drum arrive.

On a different note the cops get rather excited when fertaliser trucks
overturn. Diesel and fosfate make a nice brew.

--
Brad Leyden
6� 43.5816' S 146� 59.3097' E WGS84

Dan----.-

Sep 17, 2009, 9:25:31 PM9/17/09
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 07:44:41 +1000, Doug Jewell PCM code reading says:

> Yup - the stupidest braindead morons on the planet seem to gravitate
> into the truck driving industry. Obviously not all are like it, but they
> have more than their fair share of idiots.

Yup and bike, cars, boats and planes and kite flyers there is danger in
all of them.

Although brain dead truck drivers is not going to tarnish me being a
truck driver but I feel really safe in a new Volvo FH16 660 hp so crying
over spilt milk then. ;-).

--
Regards
Dan

Dan----.-

Sep 17, 2009, 9:35:33 PM9/17/09
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:49:39 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:

> Let me guess, you're a truck driver?

I am.

> If not, you are certainly intellectually disabled enough to qualify.

Well I did get married so I guess thats sort of accurate. :p.

--
Regards
Dan

F Murtz

Sep 18, 2009, 1:37:20 AM9/18/09
Brad wrote:
> The RSPCA should have ben there to clean up the mess, I know the cats would
> have liked it.
> Had a mate that carried packaged milk and he would empty all the damaged
> containers into 20l drums and I would feed it to my pigs, after a few weeks
> the pigs would go crazy when they saw the milk drum arrive.
>
> On a different note the cops get rather excited when fertaliser trucks
> overturn. Diesel and fosfate make a nice brew.

And extremely difficult to detonate without a detonation source.
Would burn thats all.

Clocky

Sep 18, 2009, 6:56:38 AM9/18/09
Dan----.- wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:49:39 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:
>

>> Let me guess, you're a truck driver?
>
> I am.

I don't consider you to be a fuckhead though.

>> If not, you are certainly intellectually disabled enough to qualify.
>

> Well I did get married so I guess thats sort of accurate. :p.

Ouch... lol

LozzaBIntoPink

Sep 18, 2009, 9:08:43 AM9/18/09

That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
hr coming around that corner!

You may think that 'Stupid F##ks Drive Trucks' but how many truck
accidents are caused by inexperienced 'F##cks who Drive Cars' that
pull out in front of trucks and brake suddenly or try to challenge
them for a space on the road or a lane? Quite a few I invisage! And
how many times have I let trucks in front of me and I don't get a
courtesy indicator... that's not inexperience or a stupid F##ck,
that's down right ignorance in my book!! So there are some nasty truck
drivers too, Doug!!

> There was a witness outside his nearby house having a smoke at the time and saw the whole thing happen.

By the way, was this witness even sober?? I know that the driver was,
he had only started work a few hours earlier!!

Just so you know too, Doug, this driver also has a wife and two small
children who were asleep and had no idea that this had happened and
were waiting for him to come home in the morning!

I know all of this because this 'Stupid F##ck' driving that milk truck
is related to me!!

us...@domain.invalid

Sep 18, 2009, 9:48:22 AM9/18/09
LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
> On Sep 18, 7:44 am, Doug Jewell <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:

> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
> hr coming around that corner!

estimates by several wittnesses was 60k so your a bit off and of
course it moved he was to fast

>shite snipped

So who will you nm to in reply
and it's rhetorical

LozzaBIntoPink

Sep 18, 2009, 12:24:40 PM9/18/09

I'd have someone to 'nm' to if you registered yourself as a user...
and rhetorical or not...

If the truck was travelling at such a high speed, why is all of the
debris from the roll in one spot? Don't you think it would have been
scattered all the way up the road starting from where the truck
originally rolled and kept sliding from because it was going sooooo
fast... oh yeah... this really looks like a high speed truck
accident!

And pardon my ignorance but didn't Doug say that there was 'one'
witness who was outside having a smoke watching the whole thing? Now
all of a sudden there are several people outside watching with him and
estimating the drivers speed...

Writing fictitious things about a person and erroneously accusing them
of things that you weren't physically involved in makes you
hypocrites... was it 60 or 70km/hr... Anyone want to actually step up
to the plate on this one? Which one of you was driving again; the
smoking witness, Doug, Dan or the person who won't reveal his
identity?

Oh that's right, you and your 'smoking witness' were all in the cab
with the driver at that exact time and you know exactly what happened
at that exact moment... good on you all for being such credible
witnesses!

This has got to be something that you thrive on getting attention
from, Doug... seeing another person’s misfortune must give you the God
given right to discredit that person whom you think is a 'Stupid F##k
who drives a truck'! Oh, that's right; you must think you're
perfect... or God!

I just hope that none of you, God forbid, will ever be involved in
any kind of road accident that bares ‘smoking’ witnesses or is on the
news for its company’s losses or for the inability of others to use
the road because your accident is blocking it in any place, at any
time; whether it be in a car, in a truck, on a motorbike or even as a
walking pedestrian... because the person who will write one of these
'blame the driver' chat forums will say that it was all your fault for
being in that exact place at that exact time and that you were the
negligent person and that you were in the wrong... even if you really
weren't... they're not going to care that you have a loving wife, a
beautiful child, a mother dying of cancer or a father who you were
going to take fishing tomorrow: they’re not going to give a rats
ass... just like you don't!!

Don't you have some miseries to get on with; like your wives as you so
adversely pointed out earlier... poor, unfortunate you!

Oz...@crackerbox-palace.com

Sep 18, 2009, 5:44:41 PM9/18/09
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:08:43 -0700 (PDT), LozzaBIntoPink
<lozz...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>hr coming around that corner!

It's liquid you goose....it will always shift and any driver too
stupid to know that probably drives a truck!

Dan----.-

Sep 18, 2009, 5:48:21 PM9/18/09
On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:56:38 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:

> Dan----.- wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:49:39 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:
>>

>>> Let me guess, you're a truck driver?
>>
>> I am.
>
> I don't consider you to be a fuckhead though.

Oh well if you did the mrs uses that as a pet name for me. ;-)

Actually when the mrs has a few drinks she talks worse than a pirate
sometimes I shouldn't complain if she talks dirty to me though. :-)

--
Regards
Dan

Doug Jewell

Sep 18, 2009, 6:45:15 PM9/18/09
So if he was inexperienced, he should have been driving more
cautiously.

> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
> hr coming around that corner!
40? Bullshit! Furthermore, the liquid load on a FULL tanker
does not shift. The liquid load on a half full tanker does
shift, and if he was half-full he should have been driving
more cautiously because of that risk. Of course if it was
half-full, it wouldn't have spilt 12,000L from the overflow
which was positioned in the middle of the tanker once tipped.

> You may think that 'Stupid F##ks Drive Trucks' but how many truck
> accidents are caused by inexperienced 'F##cks who Drive Cars' that
There is a difference between 20-80 tonne of truck and 1-2
tonne of car. Anyone who drives a truck and isn't aware of
that, shouldn't be driving said truck.
And yes there are idiots who drive cars too, and motorbikes,
and pushbikes, and pedestrians. But an idiot with 40 tonnes
behind him is far more dangerous than an idiot pushing pedals.
Furthermore, anyone with a couple of hundred bucks can ride
a bike, anyone with a couple of thousand bucks who has
passed a basic test can drive a car or motorbike. But truck
drivers are supossedly professionals. The question is, are
they employed based on their ability to drive
professionally, or because they have a designation on their
licence?

> pull out in front of trucks and brake suddenly or try to challenge
> them for a space on the road or a lane? Quite a few I invisage! And
> how many times have I let trucks in front of me and I don't get a
> courtesy indicator... that's not inexperience or a stupid F##ck,
> that's down right ignorance in my book!! So there are some nasty truck
> drivers too, Doug!!
I never said there weren't. But look at some facts:
Firstly physics: in any accident a vehicle weighing between
20 and 80 tonne will cause more damage than a vehicle
weighing 1-2 tonne.
Approximately 1/4 of fatal accidents involve heavy vehicles,
and slightly over half of them, the hv driver is at fault.
(from recent documents produced by Main Roads).
Now, despite the fact that 7/8 of fatal accidents are
therefore caused by the drivers of light vehicles, HV's are
over-represented.
I know of no other industry that would accept their
employees being the cause of so many fatalities. Truck
drivers are _supposedly_ professional drivers, and the
majority of them are. But the industry employs a hell of a
lot of cowboys. It is their responsibility as an industry to
try to eliminate them. If they won't do it, then it becomes
the responibility of the police, in the form of targetting
misbehaviour.

>> There was a witness outside his nearby house having a smoke at the time and saw the whole thing happen.
> By the way, was this witness even sober?? >
Well when I spoke to him, he certainly seemed to be. Now his
estimate of speed may be radically off, I doubt he has done
any training on speed estimation. But he also added that in
the time he has lived on the corner, this was the fastest
he'd seen a truck take the corner. He knew from the moment
he saw it approach it would be trouble.

I know that the driver was,
> he had only started work a few hours earlier!!

> I know all of this because this 'Stupid F##ck' driving that milk truck
> is related to me!!
uh huh.

us...@domain.invalid

Sep 18, 2009, 7:19:16 PM9/18/09
Dan----.- wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:56:38 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:
>
>> Dan----.- wrote:
>>> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:49:39 +0800, Clocky PCM code reading says:

>>> I am.
>> I don't consider you to be a fuckhead though.
>
> Oh well if you did the mrs uses that as a pet name for me. ;-)
>
> Actually when the mrs has a few drinks she talks worse than a pirate
> sometimes I shouldn't complain if she talks dirty to me though. :-)

isn't today pirate language day ?

us...@domain.invalid

Sep 18, 2009, 7:23:31 PM9/18/09
LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
> On Sep 18, 11:48 pm, u...@domain.invalid wrote:
>> LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
>>> On Sep 18, 7:44 am, Doug Jewell <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:
>>> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>>> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>>> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>>> hr coming around that corner!
>> estimates by several wittnesses was 60k so your a bit off and of
>> course it moved he was to fast
>>
>>> shite snipped
>> So who will you nm to in reply
>> and it's rhetorical
>
> I'd have someone to 'nm' to if you registered yourself as a user...
> and rhetorical or not...
do you have a valid point or just throwing another redherring

> If the truck was travelling at such a high speed,
it was to fast not a high speed
spin doesn't suit you

why is all of the
> debris from the roll in one spot?
I am not a physicist are you ?

Don't you think it would have been
> scattered all the way up the road starting from where the truck
> originally rolled and kept sliding from because it was going sooooo
> fast... oh yeah... this really looks like a high speed truck
> accident!

where was it claimed high speed you ill informed liar

> And pardon my ignorance
no it remains that you are and so all you espouse is wrong

but didn't Doug say that there was 'one'
> witness who was outside having a smoke watching the whole thing? Now
> all of a sudden there are several people outside watching with him and
> estimating the drivers speed...

there were several on the tv news so you got it wrong

> Writing fictitious things about a person and erroneously accusing them
> of things that you weren't physically involved in makes you
> hypocrites...

utter pap , I watched the tv news service and formulated a better
informed opinion than you
live with it or gagf

was it 60 or 70km/hr... Anyone want to actually step up
> to the plate on this one? Which one of you was driving again; the
> smoking witness, Doug, Dan or the person who won't reveal his
> identity?
>
> Oh that's right, you and your 'smoking witness' were all in the cab
> with the driver at that exact time and you know exactly what happened
> at that exact moment... good on you all for being such credible
> witnesses!

lies snipped bullshite washed away

Roger/DAVO

Sep 18, 2009, 8:44:33 PM9/18/09

<Oz...@Crackerbox-Palace.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 06:08:43 -0700 (PDT), LozzaBIntoPink
> <lozz...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>>that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>>occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>>hr coming around that corner!
>
> It's liquid you goose....it will always shift and any driver too
> stupid to know that probably drives a truck!

LOL, night time seems to bring out the zombies in trucks. I recently
witnessed trucks passing each other over double lines up a hill. I'm sure
they keep in radio contact with eachother to tell when there is no one
coming over the hill or around the corner. Too bad if you've just pulled out
from that little dirt track after rooting your g/f, that way you'd both be
fucked!

Roger/Davo

Message has been deleted

the_dawggie

Sep 18, 2009, 10:24:23 PM9/18/09
On Sep 19, 11:27 am, Athol <athol_SPIT_S...@idl.net.au> wrote:

> LozzaBIntoPink <lozza2...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > while on this
> > occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
> > hr coming around that corner!
>
> Sorry to have to tell you this, but unless there was a structural fault
> with tank baffling, a liquid load would have shifted in the same way
> when turning the same corner at the same speed.  In the absence of
> either a baffle failure or an unforseeable chassis/suspension/axle/tyre
> failure on the truck or trailer, the responsibility falls back on the
> driver.
>
> So if the vehicle was indeed doing the same speed as usual, which
> component of the truck or trailer had failed prior to the vehicle
> falling over?  Was the defect known to the driver at the time?  Was the
> defect something that the driver should reasonably have been aware of
> from a pre-departure inspection?
>
> --
> Athol
> <http://cust.idl.com.au/athol>   Linux Registered User # 254000
> I'm a Libran Engineer. I don't argue, I discuss.

My 'lux has 70, sorry 73 litre tank. I pour metho and diesel
conditioner into it, but don't think it has baffels.

--
Kip.

George W Frost

Sep 19, 2009, 1:14:36 AM9/19/09

"the_dawggie" <the_d...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

--
Kip.

***************************

That last bit is enough to baffle anyone

us...@domain.invalid

Sep 19, 2009, 1:18:58 AM9/19/09
you should ignore headlump
I am

D Walford

Sep 19, 2009, 4:22:56 AM9/19/09
LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
> On Sep 18, 11:48 pm, u...@domain.invalid wrote:
>> LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
>>> On Sep 18, 7:44 am, Doug Jewell <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:
>>> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>>> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>>> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>>> hr coming around that corner!
>> estimates by several wittnesses was 60k so your a bit off and of
>> course it moved he was to fast
>>
>>> shite snipped
>> So who will you nm to in reply
>> and it's rhetorical
>
> I'd have someone to 'nm' to if you registered yourself as a user...
> and rhetorical or not...
>
> If the truck was travelling at such a high speed, why is all of the
> debris from the roll in one spot? Don't you think it would have been
> scattered all the way up the road starting from where the truck
> originally rolled and kept sliding from because it was going sooooo
> fast... oh yeah... this really looks like a high speed truck
> accident!

Unless there was a mechanical failure or another vehicle involved the
driver is 100% responsible for the roll over regardless of his speed so
what you are saying is irrelevant.
A truck driver is responsible for securing the load, if it shifts liquid
or not its still his problem unless of course there was a mechanical
failure inside the tanker.
I've not towed tankers but spent plenty of time driving trucks, enough
to know who will get the blame and you also know who that will be.

Daryl

jonz

Sep 19, 2009, 4:39:44 AM9/19/09
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
full of shit you be...tis good you are off the road.....stick to
bludging off your son............panty waist....

--
jonz
"Usenet is like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea - massive,

Noddy

Sep 19, 2009, 5:00:17 AM9/19/09

"jonz" <fj...@diesel.com> wrote in message

> full of shit you be...tis good you are off the road.....stick to bludging
> off your son............panty waist....

So, you're saying that a truck driver *isn't* responsible for securing his
load?

I'll bet you're one of these *special* blue singlet wearing mungbeans who
think all truck drivers are heroes and can do no wrong....

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Jeßus

Sep 19, 2009, 5:18:44 AM9/19/09
In article <4ab49de5$0$37877$c30e...@exi-reader.telstra.net>,
m...@home.com said...
:
:"jonz" <fj...@diesel.com> wrote in message

Heh :)

jonz

Sep 19, 2009, 6:06:57 AM9/19/09
Noddy wrote:
> "jonz" <fj...@diesel.com> wrote in message
>
>> full of shit you be...tis good you are off the road.....stick to bludging
>> off your son............panty waist....
>
> So, you're saying that a truck driver *isn't* responsible for securing his
> load?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
nup

> I'll bet you're one of these *special* blue singlet wearing mungbeans who
> think all truck drivers are heroes and can do no wrong....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
not aT ALL but you make of it what u(tm) like....

> --
> Regards,
> Noddy.

Kev

Sep 19, 2009, 9:06:07 AM9/19/09
LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
> On Sep 18, 7:44 am, Doug Jewell <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:
>> Last night a milk tanker rolled at the corner of James &
>> Cohoe Sts (near the top of the range, Warrego Hwy) in
>> Toowoomba. Thank goodness it was a milk tanker that came
>> unstuck, and not a fuel tanker.

Let me guess
a white CH Mack towing an ex Dairy Farmers tanker?
Been passed by this one braindead Milk tanker driver many times through
and around Toowoomba, he passed me going down the range, Me empty and
him loaded, The jake working hard and the smell of hot brakes

> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
> hr coming around that corner!

What a load of shit
the "The Load Shifted" excuse is the standard response use by dickhead
drivers who went too fast into the corner and rolled

The ONLY reason trucks roll over(other than major mechanical failure) is
because of excessive speed through the corner

And drivers of liquid tankers ought to know that the load will climb the
sides in every corner and drive accordingly

I've driven around that corner hundreds of times and even empty do no
more than the 40kph advisory speed(the opposite direction is 25kph
advisory and I definitely do that when loaded) It's a blind corner and
has the added bonus of shopping centre traffic turning out also

> You may think that 'Stupid F##ks Drive Trucks' but how many truck
> accidents are caused by inexperienced 'F##cks who Drive Cars' that
> pull out in front of trucks and brake suddenly or try to challenge
> them for a space on the road or a lane? Quite a few I invisage! And
> how many times have I let trucks in front of me and I don't get a
> courtesy indicator... that's not inexperience or a stupid F##ck,
> that's down right ignorance in my book!! So there are some nasty truck
> drivers too, Doug!!

But there was no other traffic, this driver did it all on his own

>> There was a witness outside his nearby house having a smoke at the time and saw the whole thing happen.
> By the way, was this witness even sober?? I know that the driver was,
> he had only started work a few hours earlier!!

> Just so you know too, Doug, this driver also has a wife and two small
> children who were asleep and had no idea that this had happened and
> were waiting for him to come home in the morning!

Obviously going home to see them at the end of the day isn't high on his
list then

> I know all of this because this 'Stupid F##ck' driving that milk truck
> is related to me!!

What has that got to do with his stupid driving habits, Maybe you should
have a word with him about his driving

Kev

Kev

Sep 19, 2009, 9:19:28 AM9/19/09

> LozzaBIntoPink wrote:

>> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>> hr coming around that corner!

So why didn't the truck roll the last time he went around there at 40kph?

Kev

Kev

Sep 19, 2009, 9:21:01 AM9/19/09
LozzaBIntoPink wrote:

> a father who you were going to take fishing tomorrow:

Bet he's pissed off,

Kev

Noddy

Sep 19, 2009, 9:48:14 AM9/19/09

>> So, you're saying that a truck driver *isn't* responsible for securing
>> his load?
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> nup

Oh, okay. So your point was *what* exactly?

> not aT ALL but you make of it what u(tm) like....

My take on it is that truck drivers, as a group, are no different to any
other group. There's some good ones out there, and there's some incredibly
brain dead fuckwits who shouldn't be let loose near anything with wheels.

--
Regards,
Noddy.

Doug Jewell

Sep 19, 2009, 4:35:13 PM9/19/09
Kev wrote:
> LozzaBIntoPink wrote:
>> On Sep 18, 7:44 am, Doug Jewell <a...@and.maybe.ill.tell.you> wrote:
>>> Last night a milk tanker rolled at the corner of James &
>>> Cohoe Sts (near the top of the range, Warrego Hwy) in
>>> Toowoomba. Thank goodness it was a milk tanker that came
>>> unstuck, and not a fuel tanker.
>
> Let me guess
> a white CH Mack towing an ex Dairy Farmers tanker?
> Been passed by this one braindead Milk tanker driver many times through
> and around Toowoomba, he passed me going down the range, Me empty and
> him loaded, The jake working hard and the smell of hot brakes
I'm sure there's more than one driver for McColls, but your
description of the vehicle was spot on. I suspect this
company may be one that has a cowboy culture. The Friday
morning after the accident, I took my little boy up to the
spot so he could see where Daddy was the previous night, and
to see if there was still any milk left (he was really
excited about the milk). While there, a McColls milk tanker
went the other direction (so probably empty) through that
corner significantly faster than the 25, and used the whole
road to do it. A car was in the right lane beside him when
he started the corner, and had to brake heavily to avoid
being taken out by the trailer, when the truck took the
"Racing line" through the corner.

Lets just say the relevant authorities will be keeping a
close eye on this particular company for a while ;-)

>> That's a fine thing to say about an experienced driver who has driven
>> that road numerous times in numerous sized trucks, while on this
>> occasion, his liquid load shifted its weight while he was doing 40km/
>> hr coming around that corner!
>
> What a load of shit
> the "The Load Shifted" excuse is the standard response use by dickhead
> drivers who went too fast into the corner and rolled
>
> The ONLY reason trucks roll over(other than major mechanical failure) is
> because of excessive speed through the corner
>
> And drivers of liquid tankers ought to know that the load will climb the
> sides in every corner and drive accordingly
>
> I've driven around that corner hundreds of times and even empty do no
> more than the 40kph advisory speed(the opposite direction is 25kph
> advisory and I definitely do that when loaded) It's a blind corner and
> has the added bonus of shopping centre traffic turning out also

Yup. Actually I noticed that the brisbane-bound corner is
now 35 - I'm sure it was 40. The only vehicle I'd take it at
60 in would be a bike, and even then I'd only do it after it
had been resurfaced to give a smooth surface. It's a shit of
a corner in both directions - tight, rough surface,
insufficient camber. That's why it has BIG yellow signs on
the approach with a picture of a tipping truck and a low
advisory.
And of course, when your driving a truck you need to be
aware of what your load is likely to do and adjust your
speed relative to advisory signs accordingly. Any load which
is high and/or likely to move (eg a near full tanker,
cattle) means slowing down even further. If you are
unfamiliar with the region then slow down more in case there
are surprises.
Basically he took the corner too cheap.

>> You may think that 'Stupid F##ks Drive Trucks' but how many truck
>> accidents are caused by inexperienced 'F##cks who Drive Cars' that
>> pull out in front of trucks and brake suddenly or try to challenge
>> them for a space on the road or a lane? Quite a few I invisage! And
>> how many times have I let trucks in front of me and I don't get a
>> courtesy indicator... that's not inexperience or a stupid F##ck,
>> that's down right ignorance in my book!! So there are some nasty truck
>> drivers too, Doug!!
>
> But there was no other traffic, this driver did it all on his own

LOL. Actually my stupid F###K comment was more directed at
the idiot who came through after the left lane was reopened.
I could kinda almost find it in my heart to forgive the
tanker driver - he learnt his lesson the hard way and didn't
do a lot of damage except to his own vehicle. But the idiot
that came through while a police car was parked at the
approach to the corner with his lights going, and expectd to
use the whole road for his exit - he is a prize goose in
anyone's language. I found out the next day that he did get
pulled over further up the road. I was down the other side
of the corner at the time, so didn't get to see what
happened after the scattering.