Magna ES TW Solara 2005

felix

Dec 17, 2017, 1:38:21 AM12/17/17

got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.

--
Australians have spoken, love is
love, so I'm marrying my cat

Lindsay

Dec 17, 2017, 2:46:34 AM12/17/17
On 17/12/2017 5:38 PM, felix wrote:

> got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.

Grams? For scrap?

Oh, so we've had a valuation. Must be getting close to purchase.
They wont do an "official" valuation unless they can smell a sale.

Hahahaha he'll offer you $3k as a trade in, but force the sale price of
the new car you're looking at up by $1500... $200 for a pair of floor
mats when you wanted 4, near empty tank of fuel when you bargained for a
full tank... all the little tricks they know, and you dont...., so in
effect he gets your shitheap for $1500, and promptly sells it to the
auction yards who will pray they get $2k for it. You wont "win" felix.
They sell cars for a living. You dont.

--
First xeno says "They were deleted. Noddy deleted them".
Then he was asked to show the threads the deleted posts were in.

felix

Dec 17, 2017, 5:44:52 AM12/17/17
On 17/12/2017 6:46 PM, Lindsay wrote:

> On 17/12/2017 5:38 PM, felix wrote:
>>
>> got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.
>
> Grams?

bitcoin :)

> For scrap?
>
> Oh, so we've had a valuation. Must be getting close to purchase.

two different cars, two different dealers, same trade in price

> They wont do an "official" valuation unless they can smell a sale.

they've offered that so they're committed

> Hahahaha he'll offer you $3k as a trade in, but force the sale price
> of the new car you're looking at up by $1500... $200 for a pair of
> floor mats when you wanted 4,

nope, because I won't buy them

> near empty tank of fuel when you bargained for a full tank...

nope. can't do that. I can actually tell if the petrol tank is full or not

> all the little tricks they know, and you dont....,

like I've never bought a new car before. sheesh! I've bought eight

> so in effect he gets your shitheap for $1500,

no

> and promptly sells it to the auction yards who will pray they get $2k
> for it. You wont "win" felix.

wanna bet..

> They sell cars for a living. You dont.

Lindsay

Dec 17, 2017, 4:22:57 PM12/17/17
On 17/12/2017 9:44 PM, felix wrote:
> On 17/12/2017 6:46 PM, Lindsay wrote:

Thats funny. I thought you were supposed to be ignoring me, like the
rest of the FLC?

Did you "forget"?

>> On 17/12/2017 5:38 PM, felix wrote:
>>>
>>> got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.
>>
>> Grams?
>
> bitcoin :)
>
>> For scrap?
>>
>> Oh, so we've had a valuation. Must be getting close to purchase.
>
> two different cars, two different dealers, same trade in price
>
>> They wont do an "official" valuation unless they can smell a sale.
>
> they've offered that so they're committed

Until you sign the contract of sale, they are committed to *NOTHING*

>> Hahahaha he'll offer you $3k as a trade in, but force the sale price
>> of the new car you're looking at up by $1500... $200 for a pair of
>> floor mats when you wanted 4,
>
> nope, because I won't buy them
>
>> near empty tank of fuel when you bargained for a full tank...
>
> nope. can't do that. I can actually tell if the petrol tank is full or not
>
>> all the little tricks they know, and you dont....,
>
> like I've never bought a new car before. sheesh! I've bought eight

inc 2 in the last 22 years, that you've let on.

>> so in effect he gets your shitheap for $1500,
>
> no
>
>> and promptly sells it to the auction yards who will pray they get $2k
>> for it. You wont "win" felix.
>
> wanna bet..

No, because you cant be trusted to tell the truth.

>> They sell cars for a living. You dont.

felix

Dec 17, 2017, 4:33:51 PM12/17/17
On 18/12/2017 8:20 AM, Lindsay wrote:
> On 17/12/2017 9:44 PM, felix wrote:
>> On 17/12/2017 6:46 PM, Lindsay wrote:
>
> Thats funny. I thought you were supposed to be ignoring me, like the
> rest of the FLC?
>
> Did you "forget"?

must have..

I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)

>>> Grams?
>>
>> bitcoin :)
>>
>>> For scrap?
>>>
>>> Oh, so we've had a valuation. Must be getting close to purchase.
>>
>> two different cars, two different dealers, same trade in price
>>
>>> They wont do an "official" valuation unless they can smell a sale.
>>
>> they've offered that so they're committed
>
> Until you sign the contract of sale, they are committed to *NOTHING*

if they've verbally agreed to something I will hold them to it

>>> Hahahaha he'll offer you $3k as a trade in, but force the sale price
>>> of the new car you're looking at up by $1500... $200 for a pair of
>>> floor mats when you wanted 4,
>>
>> nope, because I won't buy them
>>
>>> near empty tank of fuel when you bargained for a full tank...
>>
>> nope. can't do that. I can actually tell if the petrol tank is full
>> or not
>>
>>> all the little tricks they know, and you dont....,
>>
>> like I've never bought a new car before. sheesh! I've bought eight
>
> inc 2 in the last 22 years, that you've let on.

last two were the magna and camry. Camry was bought new in Feb 2002. I
still have the paperwork (of course :)

>>> so in effect he gets your shitheap for $1500,
>>
>> no
>>
>>> and promptly sells it to the auction yards who will pray they get
>>> $2k for it. You wont "win" felix.
>>
>> wanna bet..
>
> No, because you cant be trusted to tell the truth.

but you can?

>>> They sell cars for a living. You dont.

Lindsay

Dec 17, 2017, 4:54:42 PM12/17/17
On 18/12/2017 8:33 AM, felix wrote:
> On 18/12/2017 8:20 AM, Lindsay wrote:
>> On 17/12/2017 9:44 PM, felix wrote:
>>> On 17/12/2017 6:46 PM, Lindsay wrote:
>>
>> Thats funny. I thought you were supposed to be ignoring me, like the
>> rest of the FLC?
>>
>> Did you "forget"?
>
> must have..
>
> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)

Careful with the abuse Felix, or I may start ignoring you.

Or may not.

Or maybe i will...

Or maybe not...

>>> they've offered that so they're committed
>>
>> Until you sign the contract of sale, they are committed to *NOTHING*
>
> if they've verbally agreed to something I will hold them to it

Hahahahahaha thats funny. again, until you sign the contract of
sale.... "car salesman and verbally agree and hold them to it..."
Bwhahahahahaha...

>>> no

>>> wanna bet..
>>
>> No, because you cant be trusted to tell the truth.
>
> but you can?

Yep. I asked you 4 times to prove i lied when you accused me last week,
and you've run away each time. I've proven your lies, and posted it
twice already. Would you like me to post them again?

Remember this?

"just for the record then.. he lied about me starting with the insults
in my discussion with him. he lied about winning the argument. and he
lied about not pulling the plug on the discussion. let he who is without
sin cast the first stone, and all that." 9.26am 7/12/17

you accused me of lying 3 times in one paragraph, Felix.

Prove it, and make sure of your facts.. Or apologise.

It's about here you'll start "ignoring me", isnt it?

Noddy

Dec 17, 2017, 8:12:29 PM12/17/17
On 18/12/17 8:33 AM, felix wrote:

>> Did you "forget"?
>
> must have..
>
> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)

Until he disagrees with you and you throw all the toys out of the cot in
reply :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Noddy

Dec 17, 2017, 8:13:16 PM12/17/17
On 18/12/17 8:52 AM, Lindsay wrote:
> On 18/12/2017 8:33 AM, felix wrote:
>>>
>>> Thats funny. I thought you were supposed to be ignoring me, like the
>>> rest of the FLC?
>>>
>>> Did you "forget"?
>>
>> must have..
>>
>> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)
>
> Careful with the abuse Felix, or I may start ignoring you.
>
> Or may not.
>
> Or maybe i will...
>
> Or maybe not...

Lol :)

felix

Dec 18, 2017, 12:34:50 AM12/18/17
On 18/12/2017 12:14 PM, Noddy wrote:
> On 18/12/17 8:33 AM, felix wrote:
>
>>> Did you "forget"?
>>
>> must have..
>>
>> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)
>
> Until he disagrees with you and you throw all the toys out of the cot
> in reply :)

no

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 12:57:34 AM12/18/17
On 18/12/17 4:34 PM, felix wrote:

>>> must have..
>>>
>>> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)
>>
>> Until he disagrees with you and you throw all the toys out of the cot
>> in reply :)
>>

> no

Yes :)

Lindsay

Dec 18, 2017, 1:14:55 AM12/18/17
Maybe.

No.

Yes.

Dunno.

Yes. :-)

Jeßus

Dec 18, 2017, 4:57:53 PM12/18/17
On Mon, 18 Dec 2017 16:34:49 +1100, felix <felix@real_felix.invalid>
wrote:

>>> must have..
>>>
>>> I happy to talk to you if you're not being an asshole :)
>>
>> Until he disagrees with you and you throw all the toys out of the cot
>> in reply :)
>>

>no

Running the 'Baldrick protocol' again?

Clocky

Dec 18, 2017, 5:33:36 PM12/18/17
On 17/12/2017 2:38 PM, felix wrote:

> got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.

Ask them what they will pay you for it outright not as a trade in.

Spot the difference :-)

felix

Dec 18, 2017, 6:23:25 PM12/18/17
they wouldn't buy it if it's not a trade in. they only trade in to get
the sale

Daryl

Dec 18, 2017, 6:58:16 PM12/18/17
ROTFL, nice:-)

--
Daryl

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 7:28:35 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 10:23 AM, felix wrote:

>> Ask them what they will pay you for it outright not as a trade in.
>>
>> Spot the difference :-)
>

> they wouldn't buy it if it's not a trade in. they only trade in to get
> the sale

Car dealers buy cars all the time Felix, both as "trade ins" or "walk
ins". The difference between them is as a "trade in" they have more
wiggle room to fudge the figures and make it look like you're "getting a
deal". As a "walk in" they don't have that luxury, so will only ever
offer you what your car is worth to them.

Which in your case would probably be about a grand if you're lucky.

If you *are* genuinely contemplating buying a new car then the price of
the new car and your trade are largely unimportant. The only real thing
you would be concentrating on is the change over price.

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 7:29:23 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 8:57 AM, Je�us wrote:

>>> Until he disagrees with you and you throw all the toys out of the cot
>>> in reply :)
>>>

>> no
>
> Running the 'Baldrick protocol' again?

Lol :)

Unlike Baldrick, he's too stupid to have a cunning plan :)

Clocky

Dec 18, 2017, 7:33:18 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/2017 7:23 AM, felix wrote:
> On 19/12/2017 9:29 AM, Clocky wrote:
>> On 17/12/2017 2:38 PM, felix wrote:
>>>
>>> got another trade in valuation today. still three thousand.
>>>

>> Ask them what they will pay you for it outright not as a trade in.
>>
>> Spot the difference :-)
>

> they wouldn't buy it if it's not a trade in. they only trade in to get
> the sale

Indeed.

felix

Dec 18, 2017, 8:23:19 PM12/18/17
the price of the car was the same with or without the trade in

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 8:37:24 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 12:23 PM, felix wrote:

>> If you *are* genuinely contemplating buying a new car then the price
>> of the new car and your trade are largely unimportant. The only real
>> thing you would be concentrating on is the change over price.
>>

> the price of the car was the same with or without the trade in

The price of the car is irrelevant Felix as I mentioned. The change over
price is all you should be concerning yourself with.

Daryl

Dec 18, 2017, 8:40:28 PM12/18/17
Only before you start to get serious about buying and negotiate then the
numbers suddenly change.
When we traded our Forester on the WRX I was pissed off at the trade in
price offered, it was less than the pay out figure on the lease by about
$2k, when they told me the figures I said I was no longer interested in
buying the new car and got up to walk out, salesman panicked and said
they would take the $2k off the price of the new car so they can juggle
the numbers anyway they like.

--
Daryl

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 8:59:52 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 12:40 PM, Daryl wrote:

>> the price of the car was the same with or without the trade in
>>
> Only before you start to get serious about buying and negotiate then the
> numbers suddenly change.
> When we traded our Forester on the WRX I was pissed off at the trade in
> price offered, it was less than the pay out figure on the lease by about
> $2k, when they told me the figures I said I was no longer interested in
> buying the new car and got up to walk out, salesman panicked and said
> they would take the $2k off the price of the new car so they can juggle
> the numbers anyway they like.

That's what they do. They *always* try it on.

Some years ago now my younger sister called out for help after she was
not happy in trying to trade the Suzuki Vitara she'd inherited from my
old man's estate on a new Getz. The Vitara was a 2 litre V6 model in
mint condition with *very* low km's, and they were offering a change
over price of 9 thousand bucks.

So I went down, and within half an hour the deal was signed for 2 and a
half grand :)

Daryl

Dec 18, 2017, 9:43:37 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 1:01 pm, Noddy wrote:
> On 19/12/17 12:40 PM, Daryl wrote:
>
>>> the price of the car was the same with or without the trade in
>>>
>> Only before you start to get serious about buying and negotiate then
>> the numbers suddenly change.
>> When we traded our Forester on the WRX I was pissed off at the trade
>> in price offered, it was less than the pay out figure on the lease by
>> about $2k, when they told me the figures I said I was no longer
>> interested in buying the new car and got up to walk out, salesman
>> panicked and said they would take the $2k off the price of the new car
>> so they can juggle the numbers anyway they like.
>
> That's what they do. They *always* try it on.

No doubt about that, they are there to make money and its the buyers job
to be aware of what they are up to.

> Some years ago now my younger sister called out for help after she was
> not happy in trying to trade the Suzuki Vitara she'd inherited from my
> old man's estate on a new Getz. The Vitara was a 2 litre V6 model in
> mint condition with *very* low km's, and they were offering a change
> over price of 9 thousand bucks.
>
> So I went down, and within half an hour the deal was signed for 2 and a
> half grand :)

Possibly simply because of the male female thing, the bastards very
often try to con a woman whereas they often won't with a man who appears
to have any car knowledge.

--
Daryl

Noddy

Dec 18, 2017, 10:34:15 PM12/18/17
On 19/12/17 1:43 PM, Daryl wrote:

>> So I went down, and within half an hour the deal was signed for 2 and
>> a half grand :)
>>

> Possibly simply because of the male female thing, the bastards very
> often try to con a woman whereas they often won't with a man who appears
> to have any car knowledge.

It's just a matter of playing them at their own game. Many people don't
have the nouse or the balls to do so. It also helps enormously to be
aware of the value of your product.

felix

Dec 19, 2017, 12:52:09 AM12/19/17
yes they can juggle the numbers but only when there's 'meat' in the deal
to play with. and on a $50k car there is, but not so much on one less
than half that. I know I've got the rock bottom price. I always do get it.

Daryl

Dec 19, 2017, 1:32:06 AM12/19/17
LOL, unless you work for the dealer there is no way of knowing what the
rock bottom price is, there are a lot of factors that come into play
such as has the dealer has excess stock that he has to get rid of, its
the end of the month and the dealer principal is hassling the sales dept
to improve the numbers.
Car dealers get their stock on a "floor plan" finance, the longer they
have it the more interest they pay, if a particular car isn't moving
because maybe its not a popular color they will often do very good deals
to get rid of it because it cost them a lot of money to keep it in stock
once they have had it longer than normal.
In some cases they will sell a car for cost just to reduce their
interest bill or if there is a new model coming and the manufacturer is
pressuring them to take new stock so there is no way you will ever know
for sure you got the lowest possible price unless your best mate is the
dealer principal.

--
Daryl

Jeßus

Dec 19, 2017, 1:47:24 AM12/19/17
On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 16:52:04 +1100, felix <felix@real_felix.invalid>
wrote:

> I know I've got the rock bottom price. I always do get it.

ROTFL... you never disappoint with your pearlers :)

Jeßus

Dec 19, 2017, 1:48:00 AM12/19/17
On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 11:31:48 +1100, Noddy <m...@home.com> wrote:

>>> no
>>
>> Running the 'Baldrick protocol' again?
>
>Lol :)
>
>Unlike Baldrick, he's too stupid to have a cunning plan :)

NO! Err, I mean YES!

Noddy

Dec 19, 2017, 6:49:24 AM12/19/17
On 19/12/17 4:52 PM, felix wrote:

>> Only before you start to get serious about buying and negotiate then
>> the numbers suddenly change.
>> When we traded our Forester on the WRX I was pissed off at the trade
>> in price offered, it was less than the pay out figure on the lease by
>> about $2k, when they told me the figures I said I was no longer
>> interested in buying the new car and got up to walk out, salesman
>> panicked and said they would take the $2k off the price of the new car
>> so they can juggle the numbers anyway they like.
>>

> yes they can juggle the numbers but only when there's 'meat' in the deal
> to play with. and on a $50k car there is, but not so much on one less
> than half that. I know I've got the rock bottom price. I always do get it.

The meat is in your trade-in Felix. That's where they wiggle.

jonz@ nothere.com

Dec 19, 2017, 6:50:00 AM12/19/17
There was not a "MAN" within cooee...FFS.

Noddy

Dec 19, 2017, 6:51:13 AM12/19/17
He's a classic, isn't he?

His "rock bottom" price will be the 20990 retail :)

felix

Dec 19, 2017, 8:23:58 AM12/19/17
not the case here. he had to get the car in

felix

Dec 19, 2017, 8:27:46 AM12/19/17
if they're loading up my trade in by say $1,000 then they can discount
the price without the trade in by $1,000. but as i said they couldn't
move the price without the trade in, so there was no meat in the deal

Daryl

Dec 19, 2017, 7:03:52 PM12/19/17
Even then you still have no way of knowing that you are getting the best
possible price.

--
Daryl

Clocky

Dec 19, 2017, 7:16:36 PM12/19/17
On 19/12/2017 7:49 PM, jonz@ nothere.com wrote:
> There was not a "MAN" within cooee...FFS.

Actually, I can smell something...

Noddy

Dec 19, 2017, 9:30:18 PM12/19/17
On 20/12/17 12:27 AM, felix wrote:

>>> yes they can juggle the numbers but only when there's 'meat' in the
>>> deal to play with. and on a $50k car there is, but not so much on one
>>> less than half that. I know I've got the rock bottom price. I always
>>> do get it.
>>
>> The meat is in your trade-in Felix. That's where they wiggle.
>>

> if they're loading up my trade in by say $1,000 then they can discount
> the price without the trade in by $1,000. but as i said they couldn't
> move the price without the trade in, so there was no meat in the deal

That you know of.

There is usually *always* meat in the deal Felix. It all depends how
hungry the selling dealer is. Christmas and end of financial year are
traditionally slow periods for dealerships which is the best time to
buy, but it depends on the car you're considering.

If the car is popular, you can forget about scoring much of a deal
unless you have a stellar trade in, and unfortunately for you, you don't.