The car chip shortage is about to get worse.

Xeno

Jun 5, 2022, 5:08:01 AM6/5/22
If you've been reading the news lately, you'll know the car industry has
a chip shortage. That has had a knock on effect resulting in delays in
car production and delivery along with highly inflated prices in the
used car market.

Well, it's going to get worse.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/exclusive-ukraine-halts-half-worlds-neon-output-chips-clouding-outlook-2022-03-11/

Ukraine used to produce ~50% of the worlds neon gas supply. Both
factoryies, one in Mariupol, one in Odessa, have had production cut to
*zero*. Russia produces one third of the of the world supply.
Correction, Russia now produces *two thirds* of the world's supply now
that Ukraine's output is zero. What's worse is that Ukraine supplies 90%
of the highly purified, semiconductor-grade neon for chip production
used by U.S. industry.

https://www.csis.org/blogs/perspectives-innovation/russias-invasion-ukraine-impacts-gas-markets-critical-chip-production

Putin could have the world's semiconductor industry by the balls!

https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-06-02/russia-limits-exports-of-noble-gases-a-key-ingredient-for-making-chips

And it looks like he does!

An interesting powerplay in the making here.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)

John Wayne

Jun 5, 2022, 8:52:14 AM6/5/22
Euro car makers are already blaming Ukraine for the shortage of wiring
looms. Seems they outsource that shit to cheap labour in the east.

Xeno

Jun 5, 2022, 9:07:45 AM6/5/22
On 5/6/2022 10:52 pm, John Wayne wrote:
> Euro car makers are already blaming Ukraine for the shortage of wiring
> looms. Seems they outsource that shit to cheap labour in the east.

They need cheap labour, they outsource.
They need highly polluting work done, they outsource.
They need to control the workforce, they outsource.

The blame needs to be placed on the carmakers themselves since they went
for the cheap and easy options and are now getting bitten on the arse.

Clocky

Jun 5, 2022, 11:57:34 PM6/5/22
On 5/06/2022 9:07 pm, Xeno wrote:
> On 5/6/2022 10:52 pm, John Wayne wrote:
>> Euro car makers are already blaming Ukraine for the shortage of wiring
>> looms. Seems they outsource that shit to cheap labour in the east.
>
> They need cheap labour, they outsource.
> They need highly polluting work done, they outsource.
> They need to control the workforce, they outsource.
>
> The blame needs to be placed on the carmakers themselves since they went
> for the cheap and easy options and are now getting bitten on the arse.

Of course, it's why all our shit is made in China or some other third
world sweatshop.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if