Dubious Kia and Hyundai quality

Clocky

Jun 7, 2022, 12:00:28 PM6/7/22

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10891863/Thousands-Kia-Sportage-Sorentos-recalled-Australia-fears-fire-risk.html

https://www.drive.com.au/news/hyundai-tucson-fire-risk-recall-your-questions-answered/

Real issues, not invented ones by an unqualified shonk.

--
keith on the 7 Oct 2021 wrote;
"He asserts that the claim is true, so, if

Paul

Jun 10, 2022, 10:47:02 PM6/10/22
Clocky wrote:

> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10891863/Thousands-Kia-Sportage-Sorentos-recalled-Australia-fears-fire-risk.html

Interesting-- software controlling heater. But assuming coolant at 110 C
is stewing away, what would it set on fire? I presume heater box is platic.

Clocky

Jun 11, 2022, 12:24:43 AM6/11/22
Hi Paul.

It's an additional electric heating element fitted to the outlet side of
the heater core. It's there to supplement cabin heating before diesels
come up to temp. It's either staying on too long or driven too hard by
the software I'd suggest.

Clocky

Jun 11, 2022, 5:05:16 AM6/11/22
On 11/06/2022 12:24 pm, Clocky wrote:
> On 11/06/2022 10:46 am, Paul wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>>
>>> https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10891863/Thousands-Kia-Sportage-Sorentos-recalled-Australia-fears-fire-risk.html
>>>

>> Interesting-- software controlling heater. But assuming coolant at 110
>> C is stewing away, what would it set on fire? I presume heater box is
>> platic.
>>

> Hi Paul.
>
> It's an additional electric heating element fitted to the outlet side of
> the heater core.  It's there to supplement cabin heating before diesels
> come up to temp. It's either staying on too long or driven too hard by
> the software I'd suggest.

Found this:

https://www.ksportagegl.com/ptc_heater_description_and_operation-1721.html