belated seasons greets.. some pics.

lindsay

Jan 2, 2024, 5:20:06 PMJan 2
Belated seasons greeting to those that matter... hope it'd been good for
you.

some pics i put up for bro from last week. few shiny sticks around. And
now brown snakes. Seems mother has given birth near the shed somewhere,
as I ran over a 12" baby brown in long grass on the mower. Where there's
one... :-(

Was a great week, good mates, great weather, got a bit done.. Spotted 18
satellites on new years eve..

https://imgur.com/a/y4QVoTO

cheers.

Daryl

Jan 2, 2024, 6:01:27 PMJan 2
Thanks Lindsay, Same to you and yours.
Great pics, looks like there is plenty happening down your way:-)

--
Daryl

Mighty Mouse

Jan 2, 2024, 8:24:58 PMJan 2
where is this?

--
Have a nice day!..

Noddy

Jan 3, 2024, 4:32:17 AMJan 3
On 3/01/2024 9:19 am, lindsay wrote:
> Belated seasons greeting to those that matter... hope it'd been good for
> you.

Thanks. And to you too.

> some pics i put up for bro from last week. few shiny sticks around. And
> now brown snakes. Seems mother has given birth near the shed somewhere,
> as I ran over a 12" baby brown in long grass on the mower. Where there's
> one... :-(

Yep. Haven't seen any around here yet, but it's been a cool summer so
far. A Black that had been run over out on the main road is about as
close as I've seen so far.

> Was a great week, good mates, great weather, got a bit done.. Spotted 18
> satellites on new years eve..
>
> https://imgur.com/a/y4QVoTO

Great pics. Those two sunbathing Blacks were big bastards :)

Regards,
Noddy.

Noddy

Jan 3, 2024, 4:32:58 AMJan 3
Yeah, busy.

Happy new year Daz.

Daryl

Jan 3, 2024, 6:06:13 AMJan 3
Thanks, Have a great year.
--
Daryl

lindsay

Jan 15, 2024, 11:30:44 PMJan 15
Yep, seen them there before, close to the dam and the frogs :-)
They were in the same spot a year ago. They live in that hill. Their
tails are both pointing to the hole they live in. I just let 'em do
their own thing.. they tend to piss off when the feel the vibrations
from the quad bikes on the dam wall.

Noddy

Jan 16, 2024, 12:38:24 AMJan 16
Yeah, they're pretty timid things. We don't get too many blacks around
here, but when we do they're not worth worrying about as they run away
quickly at the first sign of anyone or anything getting anywhere near them.

Browns are the cunts of things. We had another one at the back of the
house last week and the dog ripped it a new one. Fortunately the dog
avoided being bitten (or if it was it got a dry bite), but it looks like
the snake has retreated under by back deck and died under there if the
smell is anything to go by.

Xeno

Jan 16, 2024, 3:40:45 AMJan 16
Masking the other smells: the wrecking yard, the quarry, etc.

--
Xeno

(with apologies to Ralph Waldo Emerson)