nude bushwalking in royal nat. park, sydney

millsy

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
anyone out there ever been for a nude walk in the royal? on a quiet weekday
i've walked starkers from bundeena to marley, and stayed for a swim and
sleep in the sun before going back.
the illeagal campsites at big marley are great for spotting marauding
goannas---HUGE ones!
-- PETER MILLS mil...@tig.com.au Ph: 612-9587-6604 or 0412 241 455 Never be
afraid to try something new, Remember amateurs built the ark - Professionals
built the Titanic.

David Noble

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00

millsy wrote:

> anyone out there ever been for a nude walk in the royal? on a quiet weekday
> i've walked starkers from bundeena to marley, and stayed for a swim and
> sleep in the sun before going back.
> the illeagal campsites at big marley are great for spotting marauding
> goannas---HUGE ones!--

Interestingly enough - Myles Dunphy once told me that a well known group of
bushwalkers used to regularly walk in the nude on RNP trips (he went on one of
their walks apparantky - and at first thought it was a bit unusual - but said
that at the end of the walk it seemed a natural and beautiful thing. I think it
was an all male party) - But this was probably in the thirties (and well before
canberra Bushwalking Club started)

Dave
--------------------------
David Noble
dno...@ozemail.com.au
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~dnoble/

David Springthorpe

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:02:47 -0800, "millsy" <mil...@tig.com.au>
wrote:

>anyone out there ever been for a nude walk in the royal? on a quiet weekday
>i've walked starkers from bundeena to marley, and stayed for a swim and
>sleep in the sun before going back.
>the illeagal campsites at big marley are great for spotting marauding
>goannas---HUGE ones!

Just don't go to sleep on your back wth all those goannas and seagulls
around.....

--
David Springthorpe,
E-mail dspr...@one.net.au

Jorg

Feb 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/12/00

David Noble wrote:

> Interestingly enough - Myles Dunphy once told me that a well known group of
> bushwalkers used to regularly walk in the nude on RNP trips (he went on one of
> their walks apparantky - and at first thought it was a bit unusual - but said
> that at the end of the walk it seemed a natural and beautiful thing. I think it
> was an all male party) - But this was probably in the thirties (and well before
> canberra Bushwalking Club started)

It is a great way to hike/bushwalk. It gives you a real "nature pure" feeling.
True, at first it feels strange, but after a while it is totally natural
(literally...). I've done a lot of it, in Western Australia, South Australia and
overseas, alone and with others. Give it a try.

Jorg.

gra-gra

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00

You'd want to be on a wide track. Do you wear gaiters? If so, where?

Jorg

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
to gra-gra

gra-gra wrote:

> You'd want to be on a wide track. Do you wear gaiters? If so, where?

Why ? I think you folks are totally focussed on the track conditions in the Dividing
Range or on the East Coast. There is more open country to the west of it, just in case
you have not noted...

Jorg.

Jorg

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
to gra-gra

gra-gra wrote:

> You'd want to be on a wide track. Do you wear gaiters? If so, where?

Why ? I normally wear lots of sunscreen and Volleyball shoes and sometimes not even
them (for instance in some gorges of the Hamersley Ranges). I think you folks are

Steve

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
Jorg wrote:

>I think you folks are
> totally focussed on the track conditions in the Dividing Range or on the East Coast.
> There is more open country to the west of it, just in case you have not noted...

Jorg has a valid point there, I think we all tend to be a bit parochial
in this newsgroup at times when talking about locations. For instance
Springy referred Bell Ck. Mt. Wilson, and Geoff found an interesting
symbol on the Ramshead Range. But where are these places? I've never
heard of them so consequently I don't have any idea which state we are
even talking about. I do it myself - my favourite place is the Mawson
Plateau but I regularly forget to mention that it's in South Australia.

An East Coast bias in this NG is understandable, that's where the bulk
of the population lives. I suspect Springy and Geoff live in NSW so I'd
guess that's where Bell Ck and the Ramshead Range are, but Robert
Burgoyne wrote about Mt Warning and I haven't a clue where that is. I
know that with a bit of effort I could find out where these places are,
but a better description would be nice.

Steve

Steve

Feb 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/13/00
In article <88700r$3nm$1...@the-fly.zip.com.au>, "Geoff Wise"
<ge...@wises.com.au> wrote:
>Ramshead range, above Thredbo, in the Snowy Mountains,
>Kosciuszko National Park..

I read that and thought "That sounds nice, I bet its nice up
there at the moment". Then I went to the bureau of meteorology
web site, the weather forecast for Adelaide for the rest of this
week read "Max 35 Hot and humid. Afternoon cloud". The Ramshead
range sounded even better after reading that and so did floating
down Bell Ck. on a lilo.

Steve

Geoff Wise

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
Ramshead range, above Thredbo, in the Snowy Mountains, Kosciuszko National
Park..

Steve <st...@not.a.real.address> wrote in message

Alan Vidler

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:12:56 +1030, Steve <st...@not.a.real.address> wrote:

>Jorg wrote:
>
>>I think you folks are
>> totally focussed on the track conditions in the Dividing Range or on the East Coast.
>> There is more open country to the west of it, just in case you have not noted...
>
>Jorg has a valid point there, I think we all tend to be a bit parochial
>in this newsgroup at times when talking about locations. For instance
>Springy referred Bell Ck. Mt. Wilson, and Geoff found an interesting
>symbol on the Ramshead Range. But where are these places? I've never
>heard of them so consequently I don't have any idea which state we are
>even talking about. I do it myself - my favourite place is the Mawson
>Plateau but I regularly forget to mention that it's in South Australia.
>
>An East Coast bias in this NG is understandable, that's where the bulk
>of the population lives. I suspect Springy and Geoff live in NSW so I'd
>guess that's where Bell Ck and the Ramshead Range are, but Robert
>Burgoyne wrote about Mt Warning and I haven't a clue where that is. I
>know that with a bit of effort I could find out where these places are,
>but a better description would be nice.
>
>Steve

Good point - I remember a thread a few months ago which arose because a
Victorian requested info about easy walking near Warburton and got a lot of
answers regarding (or pretending to) Warburton WA (I confess to being
involved).
Obviously, names like Five Mile Creek should be exanded, but so to should
unique(???) names like Ettrema, Tuross, Ossa so others know "where" as well
as "which".

Maybe would also help if we indicated where we are, for similar reasons..

Regards, Alan Vidler
(who lives in Canberra and is also guilty...)

[ BTW - I'm glad to hear about Mawson Plateau - I'd always assumed you were
an intrepid Antarctic walker :-) ]

Stephen Parker

Feb 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/14/00
Steve wrote:

> An East Coast bias in this NG is understandable, that's where the bulk
> of the population lives. I suspect Springy and Geoff live in NSW so I'd
> guess that's where Bell Ck and the Ramshead Range are, but Robert
> Burgoyne wrote about Mt Warning and I haven't a clue where that is. I
> know that with a bit of effort I could find out where these places are,
> but a better description would be nice.

You'll find Mt Warning in the Gold Coast hinterland, unless there's
another one in Australia...

steve
--
One day your life will flash before your eyes...

Stephen Parker pan...@justdata.com.au

edwi...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2017, 6:35:27 PM9/4/17
Start Bundeena and reach the coastal track, then go north, not south to Marley. Along this stretch of cliff face you can be nude all day and not meet anyone. Still like you we have hiked to Marley nude- passing a few tolerant parties- and spent the day on the sandhills, under trees near the caves and around the swampy pool- and jogged nude on the Sandhills. All of Big Marley should be made clothes free. Swimming nude there is great and hikers barely notice as they walk the beach. Nude swimming at Curracurrang is easy- in the waterfall-fed pool and on the headland with its pool. Then laze all day on the cliff fade away from the costal track. The little-used tracks going west from the major road through the park are ideal too. What do you think?

ap999

May 6, 2019, 9:43:42 PM5/6/19
Do you guys go as a group? would love to do this next weekend