Flying School in Sydney

Pascal Brenner

Mar 24, 2002, 5:34:10 AM3/24/02
I'm looking for a school near Sydney.
I think I'm looking for nice and competent person rather than new furniture
in the club.

I will go to Bankstown and visit places of course, as it seems to be the
place to start with.
But I'd like to have a different point of view before to go there at least I
know what to look for and investigate.

Is there any good web site discussing that matter ?
Any good magasine, I've seen some but they looked too much ads and not so
much real value.
But I may be wrong of course.

Cheers

Pascal

____________________________
Pascal Brenner
eVolition Sydney
PO Box 259
BONDI NSW 2026
Mobile : +61 418 471 413
Email : pbre...@evolition.com.au

Rotors

Mar 24, 2002, 8:57:41 AM3/24/02
Have a talk with Sydney aerobatic School among others .
"Pascal Brenner" <pbre...@evolition.com.au> wrote in message

---
Outgoing mail is NOT certified Virus Free.
However, it's been scanned by three different packages

aw

Mar 24, 2002, 3:43:53 PM3/24/02
Try Clamback & Hennessy
Ask for Aminta 02 9792 1092
http://www.clamback-hennessy.com.au/

They are very good school.

breach

Mar 25, 2002, 7:14:34 PM3/25/02
On 24 Mar 2002, you wrote in aus.aviation:
> I'm looking for a school near Sydney.

Never tried Sydney Aerobatic School myself, but I've
heard so many very good things about them that you
really should check them out.

My personal favourite at Bankstown is AFTS.

I avoid Basair like the plague, and I reccomend
that you do the same.

Alt, if Camden interests you, try Spitfire (aka
Donna) at Airborne Aviation (are you still there
Donna?). I reccomend her highly.

Also at Camden, Craig Marshal at Curtis Aviation.
Can't speak for the aircraft/school, but Craig
is a favourite instructor of mine. Very good.

HTH,

breach

dash8...@optusnet.com.au

Mar 25, 2002, 8:55:03 PM3/25/02

<<breach wrote: I avoid Basair like the plague, and I reccomend that you
do the same.>>

Wow ! Is Basair still around ? Can't still be managed by Darren Ward
then ?
I flew with them twice in the early 90s and thought they'd be out of
business in no time with the way "DW" behaved.
did you have a less than desirable experience with them too ?

<<Alt, if Camden interests you, try Spitfire (aka Donna) at Airborne
Aviation (are you still there Donna?). I reccomend her highly.>>

is this the same donna that teaches part time at the sydney institute ?
did she take over from don mcclean ?

Ted Harrison

Mar 25, 2002, 10:14:07 PM3/25/02

<dash8...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

> did she take over from don mcclean ?

What happened to cowboy?

James Gray

Mar 26, 2002, 12:34:56 AM3/26/02
Has Craig done ANYTHING outside of a training environment? (Honest
question - I only met Craig when he was training....long after I got my
quals.)

My guess is he's a bit like daddy. Most people here know my opinions of Rob
Marshall. But then again, he (Rob) might have changed in the last 15
years........nahhh!

--James

"breach" <lombi...@mailexpire.com> wrote in message

James Gray

Mar 26, 2002, 12:35:51 AM3/26/02
<dash8...@optusnet.com.au> wrote ...

> <<Alt, if Camden interests you, try Spitfire (aka Donna) at Airborne
> Aviation (are you still there Donna?). I reccomend her highly.>>
>
> is this the same donna that teaches part time at the sydney institute ?
> did she take over from don mcclean ?

Long live Cowboy.

Jack

Mar 26, 2002, 4:47:02 PM3/26/02
Well I'm sure they have managed to piss you off....

However when I did my initial twin day & night with Rob it was they best
training I had experienced.
Certainly no complaints from me!

"James Gray" <james-spa...@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message

breach

Mar 27, 2002, 5:14:57 AM3/27/02
On 26 Mar 2002, you wrote in aus.aviation:
> Has Craig done ANYTHING outside of a training environment? (Honest
> question - I only met Craig when he was training....long after I got
> my quals.)

No idea, to be honest. I met him when I went to his
Dad, frustrated at a long stream of young ATPL wannabees
who seemed to see me as their ticket to more hours in
their logbook and didn't have the teaching skills (nor
a damn to give about me and my flying education) to
be of any real use to me, and asked for help.

Rob lined me up with Craig, and I never looked back
(not until CASA and their medical people got involved,
anyway!!!).

Having had similar experience already, I did kinda
'live in fear' that he would gear-up and head to QF/AN
at some time (he is/was of that age and experience
level, and certainly seemed to me to have the all
around nice guy mentality that seems to show up on
QF flight decks all the time).

breach

Adam Thompson

Mar 28, 2002, 4:09:57 AM3/28/02

ahennell

Mar 28, 2002, 4:19:38 AM3/28/02
And http://www.aerospace-aviation.com.au/ See Dave Tancred (mate of mine)

Jeffrey Smartt

Apr 10, 2002, 6:46:06 AM4/10/02
I also did my twin with Rob & some of the best training I've had.

Jeff.