High End SONY TV for sale.

Roger & Sonia

Jul 29, 2001, 10:39:30 PM7/29/01

Due to personal reasons I am selling my high-end SONY television.
Details are at the end of this post..

80CM ES SERIES WEGA FD TRINITRON MODEL KVES34M31

This is an awesome TV for viewing DVD's, is fully Widescreen Anamorphic
compatible,
and is in an as new condition.

RRP for this TV is currently $4799. I will sell it for $3999.
Interested buyers only please, I am located in Melbourne, so unless
you which to pay for shipping (not advisable), Melbourne buyers only please.

Please send me an email if interested, be quick as I do expect it to sell
fast.

Cheers,

Roger MacKertich.

Details as taken from WWW.SONY.COM.AU

Features:
80cm FD Trinitron WEGA tube
DRC-MF: DRC 1250 and DRC 100
Digital Comb Filter (PAL) and 3D Digital Comb Filter (NTSC)
Multi-Image Driver (MID)
Vertical Compression Wide Mode
DVD Component Input
Virtual Dolby Digital Surround Sound
Digital Input (Audio)
Energy Saving Features: Eco Mode and Eco Standby
Sleek Silver Aluminium Design
Intelligent Volume
AV Inputs: 3 Rear Inputs, 1 Side
S Video Inputs: 1 Rear, 1 Side
Monitor Out: 1 Rear
Headphone Jack: 1 Side
On Screen Display
Teletext (Fast Text/Top Text)
Child Lock
Wake Up / Sleep Timer
Supplied Remote Navigator

Picture
Screen Size:: 80cm
TV Tuner:: Multi System

Sound
Audio Output:: 15W + 15W
Sound System:: A2 Stereo, NICAM

General
Power Consumption: 240W
Dimensions WxHxD: 859 x 650 x 573
Weight (kg): 84

For more information and pictures visit...
http://www.sony.com.au/content.asp?go=products.asp

Ball

Jul 29, 2001, 11:07:54 PM7/29/01

"Roger & Sonia" <di...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Due to personal reasons I am selling my high-end SONY television.
> Details are at the end of this post..
>
> 80CM ES SERIES WEGA FD TRINITRON MODEL KVES34M31
>
> This is an awesome TV for viewing DVD's, is fully Widescreen Anamorphic
> compatible,
> and is in an as new condition.
>
> RRP for this TV is currently $4799. I will sell it for $3999.
> Interested buyers only please, I am located in Melbourne, so unless
> you which to pay for shipping (not advisable), Melbourne buyers only
please.

> Please send me an email if interested, be quick as I do expect it to sell
> fast.

Doubt it, that's RRP, with a bit of haggling, people can get a brand new one
for that price.

Ben

Roger & Sonia

Jul 29, 2001, 11:22:06 PM7/29/01

> Doubt it, that's RRP, with a bit of haggling, people can get a brand new
one
> for that price.
>
> Ben

Sony web site have it for RRP$4799.

Dean Collins

Jul 29, 2001, 11:34:31 PM7/29/01
I doubt a single person in Australia has paid that much, how much did you pay for it when you bought it a year ago and
then divide that by 50-60%

with digital around the corner most people looking to buy 'high end' would only be prepared to pay about $2500-2800

Cheers.

Dean

Doc

Jul 29, 2001, 11:32:16 PM7/29/01
Youll get it for a few hundred cheaper in shops. Sonys web-site lists the
RRP which is usually the highest price youll pay...

Avdoulos

Jul 29, 2001, 11:41:23 PM7/29/01
Ive been quoted $3840 for this TV over the phone

Chris Mayer

Jul 29, 2001, 11:45:01 PM7/29/01

"Dean Collins" <Collins_Dean"SPAM-ME-HERE"@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I doubt a single person in Australia has paid that much, how much did you
pay for it when you bought it a year ago and
> then divide that by 50-60%

I would say a shitload of Australian's have paid that price given that is is
that price in places like Myer and David Jones, and they are regularly (well
Myer Melbourne at least) sold out of that model.

James Bond

Jul 30, 2001, 12:49:15 AM7/30/01
I bought that model NEW 3 months ago for $3699 after bargaining.

"Avdoulos" <joh...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Fish!

Jul 30, 2001, 1:31:36 AM7/30/01
In article <yp497.72982$Xr6.3...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
di...@bigpond.net.au says...

WOW does it really, what a fucking ripoff.

--
"Choose Again" - Aenea 'The Rise of Endymion'
"I never saw such a stupid pussens as the pussens"

Chris Mayer

Jul 30, 2001, 2:34:11 AM7/30/01

"Fish!" <Fish!@tanksville.com> wrote in message

> In article <yp497.72982$Xr6.3...@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> di...@bigpond.net.au says...
> > >
> > > Doubt it, that's RRP, with a bit of haggling, people can get a brand
new
> > one
> > > for that price.
> > >
> > > Ben
> > >
> > Sony web site have it for RRP$4799.
> >

> WOW does it really, what a fucking ripoff.

Why exactly do you say it is a rip-off? I doubt there are any better Asian
80cm TVs. Well certainly none were near until the new Panasonic came out,
and that has an RRP of $5000. The Sony used to have an RRP of $4499, but it
went up around March this year.

Pete

Jul 29, 2001, 11:58:10 PM7/29/01
I paid $3700 last December without the ugly base for it to sit on. Trev Lees
in Melbourne quoted me the same price at that time though I ended up getting
it in Brisbane for that price. Trev's guy said buy it in Brisbane and avoid
the hassle of shipping. I didn't haggle either. Maybe I should've.

Pete

michael w

Jul 30, 2001, 4:50:47 AM7/30/01

"Ball" <ba...@technologist.com> wrote in message

And I believe, like other newish Sony TV's, the vertical compression
only works with NTSC material........doooh

michael w

Chris Mayer

Jul 30, 2001, 5:08:22 AM7/30/01
> Er, perhaps 'cos is simply isn't worth that
> much money. Why on gods earth would someone
> pay $4799 for an 80cm Sony 4:3 television when
> a Loewe Aconda 81cm 16:9 television can be
> had for $100 *less* before you even haggle

Did you not notice I specifically compared it to other ASIAN TVs. If you
look at the prices of other Asian TVs, and what you get in a Sony and
Panasonic, I am not sure the price is to over the top.

> Given the prices on large/flat/wide tellys
> at the moment, the 80cm Wega/Vega TVs ~might~
> be reasonably priced if they were between
> $2500 and $3500 (depending on model). They're
> not, so they're not.

Umm, because a lot of people still watch a lot of 4:3 TV, and an 80cm 4:3
still gives you around a 74cm Widescreen picture. Not too shabby, especially
when the TV actually has a "proper" WS mode. A 81cm 16:9 TV gives you the
equivalent of about a 64cm 4:3 TV. Certainly not as good as going the other
way.

> Mind you, everyone in the regular brand-name
> group (Sony, Pana, etc) seems to be dreaming
> when it comes to pricing widescreens. They're
> all pricing their widescreens higher than the
> Loewe product. Sony takes the prize for biggest
> dreamers by pricing their 81cm 16:3 flat
> Wega at $6850!!! :-)

Sorry, would that be the *91* cm 16:6 one you are talking about? That is RRP
of $6999. How does that compare to a flat screen 91cm Loewe BTW?

Ball

Jul 30, 2001, 6:38:17 AM7/30/01
Well there are shitload of dickhead then, u just have to ask and any Myer
will give you a better price. I had a friend who think bargianing is
"dis-tastefull", obviously born in a goldmine who doesn't know how hard life
is, i just think he is a complete idiot. I'd rather be several hundreds
richer. Beside even if you are right, i doubt anyone who participant in this
NG would've paid full retail for anything related to audio/visual.

Ben

"Chris Mayer" <cma...@NOTTELLING.com> wrote in message

Ball

Jul 30, 2001, 6:43:07 AM7/30/01
Even if we ignore other models on the market and just focus on this TV deal,
it is outragous to sell something without a sensible discount. On top of
that, the seller make it sounds like it's the best deal ever, any regulars
here have the right to point out so no newbie will fall in the trap.

Ben
"breach" <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message

> On 30 Jul 2001, Chris Mayer wrote in aus.dvd:
> >Why exactly do you say it is a rip-off? I doubt there are any better
>

> Er, perhaps 'cos is simply isn't worth that
> much money. Why on gods earth would someone
> pay $4799 for an 80cm Sony 4:3 television when
> a Loewe Aconda 81cm 16:9 television can be

> had for $100 *less* before you even haggle!
>
> It is only a Sony - it's not like it's a
> good (or socially acceptable) brand name.

> Given the prices on large/flat/wide tellys
> at the moment, the 80cm Wega/Vega TVs ~might~
> be reasonably priced if they were between
> $2500 and $3500 (depending on model). They're
> not, so they're not.
>

> Mind you, everyone in the regular brand-name
> group (Sony, Pana, etc) seems to be dreaming
> when it comes to pricing widescreens. They're
> all pricing their widescreens higher than the
> Loewe product. Sony takes the prize for biggest
> dreamers by pricing their 81cm 16:3 flat
> Wega at $6850!!! :-)

Ball

Jul 30, 2001, 6:44:16 AM7/30/01
Haha, even lower that second hand =)

Ben

Chris Mayer

Jul 30, 2001, 6:52:59 AM7/30/01

> Even if we ignore other models on the market and just focus on this TV
deal,
> it is outragous to sell something without a sensible discount. On top of
> that, the seller make it sounds like it's the best deal ever, any regulars
> here have the right to point out so no newbie will fall in the trap.

I agree, I wasn't trying to defend this seller's price, or the RRP. My point
is the RRP, is the RRP we all know what it is. If the RRP was lower, so
would the haggle price. Calling Sony rip-offs for setting a RRP makes no
sense. Everyone has to set a RRP.

Jenny & Mark Ryan

Jul 30, 2001, 7:12:04 AM7/30/01
>And I believe, like other newish Sony TV's, the vertical compression
>only works with NTSC material........doooh
>michael w

Dear Michael,

Is this a fact? My 7-8 year old Sony will only go into Wide Mode (Vertical
compression) Automatically with NTSC 16x9 DVDs. I have to manually put it
into wide mode for PAL 16x9 DVDs unless I play a NTSC 16x9 DVD first. I
did post a question regarding this but no one replied.

Kindest Regards

Mark

Ball

Jul 30, 2001, 7:13:46 AM7/30/01
I don't think the person was refering to Sony as ripoff =)

Ben
"Chris Mayer" <cma...@REMOVEME.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Chris Mayer

Jul 30, 2001, 7:35:03 AM7/30/01
Umm, the person I was replying to did say that. They were specifically
commentating on the RRP of Sony.

"Ball" <ba...@technologist.com> wrote in message

michael w

Jul 30, 2001, 8:00:34 AM7/30/01

"Jenny & Mark Ryan" <bizz...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Yes.

All new Sony direct views and rear projectors available in NZ with
vertical compression only have this function enabled for NTSC.

Dumb dumb dumb.

I doubt the Australian equivalents are any different.

cheerio
michael w

Jenny & Mark Ryan

Jul 30, 2001, 8:19:36 AM7/30/01
Thanks!!!!

Kindest Regards

Mark

Roger & Sonia

Jul 30, 2001, 10:33:06 AM7/30/01
ES series TV does wide screen anamorphic on both NTSC and PAL.

"Jenny & Mark Ryan" <bizz...@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

DAVO

Jul 30, 2001, 8:18:27 PM7/30/01
I have just purchased a new current model Sony 100hertz 69cm for less than
$3,000 and the picture shits on all I compared it with.
We also have an 83cm Sony (now 3years old- paid $3,500) that I would class as
just ordinary but was still better than the same size Panasonic at the time.

DAVO

Ball

Jul 30, 2001, 8:34:12 PM7/30/01
I too agree that the sony ES is one of the best TV i have seen, especially
with DRC 100, much better than any Loewe. Pity it's only 4:3, but i don't
think people are critising about the actual product.

Ben
"DAVO" <dv...@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in message

Avdoulos

Jul 30, 2001, 11:15:52 PM7/30/01
If you remember, my 6-7 year old Sony works automatically with 16:9 PAL
material. I haven't tried NTSC

John

michael w

Jul 31, 2001, 4:13:25 AM7/31/01

> ES series TV does wide screen anamorphic on both NTSC and PAL.

Not on NZ ES sets with DRC :(

We wuz cheated !!!!!

michael w

KingBob

Aug 1, 2001, 12:43:47 AM8/1/01
> Umm, the person I was replying to did say that. They were specifically
> commentating on the RRP of Sony.

And I will agree with them, Sony stuff is way overpriced for it's quality
and features......why people think Sony is better than any other
manufacturer these days is beyond me! A lot of Sony products I have seen
friends buy lately is nothing to write home about - shoddy overpriced crap
IMHO, and they've agreed BTW, many will not buy Sony again without some
serious research first.

There's far better stuff available for far less money if you shop with some
smarts instead of being a Sony Drone :-)

Regards,
Bob.

Chris Mayer

Aug 1, 2001, 1:18:23 AM8/1/01

> And I will agree with them, Sony stuff is way overpriced for it's quality
> and features......why people think Sony is better than any other
> manufacturer these days is beyond me! A lot of Sony products I have seen
> friends buy lately is nothing to write home about - shoddy overpriced crap
> IMHO, and they've agreed BTW, many will not buy Sony again without some
> serious research first.

Can you give me some examples of Sony being overpriced? They have a varying
range of stuff from low priced to high end? I am confused when people say
Sony's stuff is over priced. Please compare it to other equally featured
equipment and show me how it is overpriced.

KingBob

Aug 1, 2001, 9:40:15 AM8/1/01
>Please compare it to other equally featured
> equipment and show me how it is overpriced.

I *have* and it *is - quick example, Sony DVD ROM drive DDU-1211 is in fact
made by Taiwanese manufacturer LiteOn.....Sony drive sells for $140, LiteOn
branded (same drive) $99.......you do the math! So much for Japanese
engineering eh?

That is why about 1% of my electronic gear is Sony branded.....I practice
what I preach.

Regards,
Bob.

Ball

Aug 1, 2001, 11:19:41 AM8/1/01
This is not a very good example tho, almost everything in PC is OEM. It is a
common practice, sony is not the only brand name that is guity of such
situation. Dell, Panasonic, Compaq etc are all like that. If you buy from
the OEM own brand, it's always cheaper.

Ben
"KingBob" <king...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Chris Mayer

Aug 1, 2001, 6:50:43 PM8/1/01

"KingBob" <king...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Sorry, if you are going to start talking about DVD drives in a discussion
about TVs, there isn't much point going on.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 12:10:41 AM8/2/01
> > >Please compare it to other equally featured
> > > equipment and show me how it is overpriced.
>
> Sorry, if you are going to start talking about DVD drives in a discussion
> about TVs, there isn't much point going on.

You said Sony equipment, I gave you Sony equipment.....If you can't handle
the truth, tough titties Chris.....you are a gracious loser aren't you???

Regards,
Bob.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 12:19:37 AM8/2/01
> This is not a very good example tho, almost everything in PC is OEM. It is
> common practice, sony is not the only brand name that is guity of such
> situation. Dell, Panasonic, Compaq etc are all like that. If you buy from
> the OEM own brand, it's always cheaper.

The difference is that the names you mention are PC *suppliers*, who never
purport themselves to be consumer electronics equipment *manufacturers* as
do Sony.......I've seen people here say Sony stuff is great because it's all
made in Japan by Sony, the fact is that it isn't, and it would be extremely
naive to think that it is.

Basically, my point is that Sony are NOT the be all and end all of consumer
electronics, and not that their stuff is any worse than anybody else's, just
that it isn't necessarily any better just because of those four letters
S-O-N-Y!

Regards,
Bob.

Cam!

Aug 2, 2001, 12:48:00 AM8/2/01
On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:19:37 +1000, "KingBob" <king...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Basically, my point is that Sony are NOT the be all and end all of consumer
>electronics, and not that their stuff is any worse than anybody else's, just
>that it isn't necessarily any better just because of those four letters
>S-O-N-Y!

But buying a name like Sony does give some comparative information
about quality. It's never the best stuff, it's never the worst, and
all the Sony stuff that I've bought has given me faithful and
relaiable service, including amps, CD players, VCR's, Video monitors,
computer monitors.

C!

Chris Mayer

Aug 2, 2001, 12:55:31 AM8/2/01

"KingBob" <king...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Umm, I couldn't give a shit about what the truth is about freaking Sony DVD
drives. All I care about is people showing me price comparisons between
similarly featured Sony TVs and other brands, and then justifying that
people are saying that they are over priced.

You came into a thread about TVs and changed it into general Sony equipment.
There is some truth idiot.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 2:03:40 AM8/2/01
> Umm, I couldn't give a shit about what the truth is about freaking Sony
DVD
> drives. All I care about is people showing me price comparisons between
> similarly featured Sony TVs and other brands, and then justifying that
> people are saying that they are over priced.
>
> You came into a thread about TVs and changed it into general Sony
equipment.

Why should I give you specific TV issues when there a a dozen posts in this
very group proving this point? BTW, that's a rhetorical question, you don't
have to answer it ;-)

The truth is hard to take isn't it Chris, you Sony drones really ought to
try a holiday away from the collective once in a while, it may help your
ability to comprehend complex issues...

> There is some truth idiot.

...and your grammar!

Regards,
Bob.

Chris Mayer

Aug 2, 2001, 2:16:27 AM8/2/01

> > Umm, I couldn't give a shit about what the truth is about freaking Sony
> DVD
> > drives. All I care about is people showing me price comparisons between
> > similarly featured Sony TVs and other brands, and then justifying that
> > people are saying that they are over priced.
> >
> > You came into a thread about TVs and changed it into general Sony
> equipment.
>
> Why should I give you specific TV issues when there a a dozen posts in
this
> very group proving this point? BTW, that's a rhetorical question, you
don't
> have to answer it ;-)

Umm, there have been none answering my question, I don't care how rhetorical
you question is, it doesn't make it right.

> The truth is hard to take isn't it Chris, you Sony drones really ought to
> try a holiday away from the collective once in a while, it may help your
> ability to comprehend complex issues...

As I said. You may well be right about DVD drives, I couldn't care less. I
am trying to buy a fucking TV, and just want some facts about TVs. I am no
Sony drone, I am comparing TV prices of similarly featured TVs, and I am
asking for the people who say Sony TVs are overpriced to show me other TVs
of similar features and their prices, that is all. This is something a 5
year old could understand.

I never said anything like Sony being the be-all-and-end-all. I just want
some facts. Obviously it is too hard a question for a fuckwit like you.

> > There is some truth idiot.
>
> ...and your grammar!

Around our way, we find people in 'Net arguments whose recourse is to point
out stupid typos as spelling and/or grammar mistakes, the funniest kind of
loser of all.

Ball

Aug 2, 2001, 5:06:02 AM8/2/01
Plus all the top end sony stuff are indeed quite good, 50ES, 7ES cd player,
7000/7700/9000 DVD player, 9000 preamp, ES TV etc.
Alot of crap in the lower range tho i must admit.

Ben

"Cam!" <cameron[@]harris[.]net> wrote in message

DAVO

Aug 2, 2001, 5:48:56 AM8/2/01
Looks like it's your turn this week Bob...and about time I might add :>)
At the risk of being shot down myself here, if my 2 cents is worth anything,
here are some startling facts I have noticed not only in my home, but also in
the professional field as well.
Firstly, without any doubt at all, SONY Professional are by far the best
company to deal with (speaking from experience here) when it comes to
professional equipment....Cameras, recorders, SFX units. It doesn't matter
whether its Hitachi, JVC or Panasonic (UUHHH) in the pro field, they all charge
like a wounded bull and none are really cheaper than the other. Yet IMHO,
Sony's Professional products and back-up are excellent.
Now in the home, unfortunately, it appears to be NOT the case. Yes, I believe
you do pay extra for those 4 letters. However, I have just purchased a new 69cm
100hertz Sony that by far gave the best picture of any I compared it with. Cost
was around $3,000. Yet by comparison, in our studio where we have the vhs
dubbing bank, we have 4 Sony 14" normal receivers ($410 each 3 years ago) and 4
Samsung 14 " (yes I know....that cost us $280 each 3 years ago) and the
pictures on the 4 Samsungs really do shit all over the 4 Sonys. I can't explain
it. Yet, put the Sony Super fine Pitch 14" studio monitors ($2,800 each)next to
the equivalent Panasonic and there is no comparison.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

DAVO

Chris Mayer <cma...@NOTTELLING.com> wrote in message

Roger & Sonia

Aug 2, 2001, 10:36:55 AM8/2/01
> As I said. You may well be right about DVD drives, I couldn't care less. I
> am trying to buy a fucking TV, and just want some facts about TVs. I am no
> Sony drone, I am comparing TV prices of similarly featured TVs, and I am
> asking for the people who say Sony TVs are overpriced to show me other TVs
> of similar features and their prices, that is all.

Buying a TV Chris.....mine is for sale....ES series 80CM..anamorphic
etc...$3500 ONO
and still has warranty....guess you already knew that though...

...Roger

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 6:57:54 PM8/2/01
> As I said. You may well be right about DVD drives, I couldn't care less. I
> am trying to buy a fucking TV, and just want some facts about TVs. I am no
> Sony drone, I am comparing TV prices of similarly featured TVs, and I am
> asking for the people who say Sony TVs are overpriced to show me other TVs
> of similar features and their prices, that is all. This is something a 5
> year old could understand.
>
> I never said anything like Sony being the be-all-and-end-all. I just want
> some facts. Obviously it is too hard a question for a fuckwit like you.

Ah, profanity, the last recourse of a desperate fool......one who obviously
either cannot read or doesn't understand the plethora of other posts and
threads on the very topic he is making a fool of himself over....say "fuck"
some more for me, that's priceless!

;-)

Regards,
Bob.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 7:20:03 PM8/2/01
> Looks like it's your turn this week Bob...and about time I might add :>)

Let's get one thing straight here DAVO, you were blatantly flamebaiting
people and got roasted for it and now you're comparing your behaviour to
mine because my honest opinions don't equate to that of certain petty
profane Sony drones.....there *is* a difference you know!

> At the risk of being shot down myself here, if my 2 cents is worth
anything,

Watch yourself pal, you might just get a flame from someone that has the
word "fuck" in it - they hurt you know ;-)

> here are some startling facts I have noticed not only in my home, but also
in
> the professional field as well.
> Firstly, without any doubt at all, SONY Professional are by far the best
> company to deal with (speaking from experience here) when it comes to
> professional equipment....Cameras, recorders, SFX units. It doesn't matter
> whether its Hitachi, JVC or Panasonic (UUHHH) in the pro field, they all
charge
> like a wounded bull and none are really cheaper than the other. Yet IMHO,
> Sony's Professional products and back-up are excellent.

Yeah, but basically all of the above about professional equipment is
irrelevant in this argument about consumer electronics, your next line
accedes this...

> Now in the home, unfortunately, it appears to be NOT the case. Yes, I
believe
> you do pay extra for those 4 letters.

You have just corroborated every claim I made, thank you, I think! :-p

Regards,
Bob.

Chris Mayer

Aug 2, 2001, 7:54:51 PM8/2/01

"KingBob" <king...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Your definition of plethora and the dictionary's must differ. Or you have a
newsfeed that is giving you a hell of a lot more articles than I am getting.
Or you are just a pathetic troll. Whoops, pathetic troll is a tautology.

Since I asked this question:

-----
Why exactly do you say it is a rip-off? I doubt there are any better Asian
80cm TVs. Well certainly none were near until the new Panasonic came out,
and that has an RRP of $5000. The Sony used to have an RRP of $4499, but it
went up around March this year.
-----

There was NOT ONE reply comparing Asian TVs, which is what I am interested
in. So could you enlighten me on this plethora you talk of? The one reply
that did talk a little about other TVs got their facts wrong claiming a 81cm
16:3 (I assume a typo) TV was $6850 when it is actually a 91cm 16:9 TV that
is around that price.

I use profanity where it is appropriate, and given the ridiculous crap your
are spouting, fuckwit probably didn't go far enough. I guess if you aren't a
troll you will reply with your evidence of these articles you speak of.
Otherwise, if you are a troll you will just reply with more crap with no
evidence, or not reply at all.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 8:15:31 PM8/2/01
> I use profanity where it is appropriate, and given the ridiculous crap
your
> are spouting, fuckwit probably didn't go far enough. I guess if you aren't
> troll you will reply with your evidence of these articles you speak of.
> Otherwise, if you are a troll you will just reply with more crap with no
> evidence, or not reply at all.

No, profanity is only ever used when you are backed into a corner by your
own poor logic and you are not intelligent enough to conduct yourself as a
civilized individual...I pity people like you!

Why should I "re-invent the wheel" by reposting what others have said and
you are obviously too ignorant or dense to read or understand? Maybe
Fisher-Price make a newsreader you could try? If my expectation that you
should be smart enough to find what is in plain view is too high, and that
makes me a "troll" - so be it!

The best part is, you still got to use the word "fuck", nothing supports
your case like the wisdom of foul language, I bow to your mastery of the
english language :-p

Regards,
Bob.

P.S. Don't even bother responding, my participation in this thread is over -
flame wars with ignorant foul-mouthed neanderthals such as yourself are not
my bag, baby!

DAVO

Aug 2, 2001, 8:52:51 PM8/2/01
Looks like I was wrong yet again then doesn't it. "Flamebating"??? Let's get a
second thing straight here also Bob. It appears as though yet again, you can't
understand a friendly post even if you fell over it. If standing up for oneself
and trying to mix it with a bit of humour that obviously failed because of one
track mindedness of some, then my opinion/regard I had always held you in, that
is until now, was also wrong. Thanks for letting me know where we stand.
But anyway, getting back to the point in question, Sony Professional products
come out of Sony's Japanese factories where as their domestics can come from
anywhere over the world, thus putting them in the same league as the ALL
others. So yes, you do pay extra for the 4 letters. And that IS fact. Your
attitude in your post has a lot of hate in it Bob, settle down.

DAVO

> > Looks like it's your turn this week Bob...and about time I might add :>)
>

> Let's get one thing straight here DAVO, you were blatantly flamebaiting
> people and got roasted for it and now you're comparing your behaviour to
> mine because my honest opinions don't equate to that of certain petty
> profane Sony drones.....there *is* a difference you know!
>

> > At the risk of being shot down myself here, if my 2 cents is worth
> anything,
>

> Watch yourself pal, you might just get a flame from someone that has the
> word "fuck" in it - they hurt you know ;-)
>

> > here are some startling facts I have noticed not only in my home, but also
> in
> > the professional field as well.
> > Firstly, without any doubt at all, SONY Professional are by far the best
> > company to deal with (speaking from experience here) when it comes to
> > professional equipment....Cameras, recorders, SFX units. It doesn't matter
> > whether its Hitachi, JVC or Panasonic (UUHHH) in the pro field, they all
> charge
> > like a wounded bull and none are really cheaper than the other. Yet IMHO,
> > Sony's Professional products and back-up are excellent.
>

> Yeah, but basically all of the above about professional equipment is
> irrelevant in this argument about consumer electronics, your next line
> accedes this...
>

> > Now in the home, unfortunately, it appears to be NOT the case. Yes, I
> believe
> > you do pay extra for those 4 letters.

Chris Mayer

Aug 2, 2001, 9:04:21 PM8/2/01

> Looks like I was wrong yet again then doesn't it. "Flamebating"??? Let's
get a
> second thing straight here also Bob. It appears as though yet again, you
can't
> understand a friendly post even if you fell over it. If standing up for
oneself
> and trying to mix it with a bit of humour that obviously failed because of
one
> track mindedness of some, then my opinion/regard I had always held you in,
that
> is until now, was also wrong. Thanks for letting me know where we stand.
> But anyway, getting back to the point in question, Sony Professional
products
> come out of Sony's Japanese factories where as their domestics can come
from
> anywhere over the world, thus putting them in the same league as the ALL
> others. So yes, you do pay extra for the 4 letters. And that IS fact.
Your
> attitude in your post has a lot of hate in it Bob, settle down.

Tell me about it. I just ask a simple question trying to get some
information about TVs for an upcoming purchase, and suddenly that makes me
some kind of Sony lover. I think Bob may be a descendant of Joe McCarthy,
just looking for Sony lovers instead of Communists.

KingBob

Aug 2, 2001, 9:42:09 PM8/2/01
> Looks like I was wrong yet again then doesn't it. "Flamebating"??? Let's
get a
> second thing straight here also Bob. It appears as though yet again, you
can't
> understand a friendly post even if you fell over it. If standing up for
oneself
> and trying to mix it with a bit of humour that obviously failed because of
one
> track mindedness of some, then my opinion/regard I had always held you in,
that
> is until now, was also wrong. Thanks for letting me know where we stand.
> But anyway, getting back to the point in question, Sony Professional
products
> come out of Sony's Japanese factories where as their domestics can come
from
> anywhere over the world, thus putting them in the same league as the ALL
> others. So yes, you do pay extra for the 4 letters. And that IS fact.
Your
> attitude in your post has a lot of hate in it Bob, settle down.

Do you have some sort of multiple personality disorder DAVO??? Your
arguments are all over the place like a dog's breakfast.....you honestly
don't enter into an argument with a comment like "Looks like it's your turn
this week Bob...and about time I might add" without it being interpreted as
an attack! It doesn't matter how many smilies you put on the end.

Yes, I did realize that the bulk of your post was not particularly
argumentative, that's why I have re-read my reply to you and if you think it
is hateful or malicious in any way you really are pretty bloody thin
skinned! I stand by what I said about your previous (keyword here -
*previous*) flamebaiting, you did it and if you're not man enough to admit
it that's not my problem!

For the record, this is Usenet, it's fairly anonymous, but as IRL I don't
really care what your opinion of what you percieve my presence here is.....I
require neither your disdain or platitudes, I post honestly and stand by
what I say, if I am wrong I will admit it, but I won't lose any sleep if I
upset you by misinterpreting something you've said out of context.

BTW, I don't harbour any ill feelings toward you DAVO, there has been a
misunderstanding here and since you made your position clear, I felt it only
right to do the same......and I respect the fact that you can conduct an
argument without resorting to the time honoured word, "Fuck" :-)

Regards,
Bob.

LDL

Aug 2, 2001, 9:02:14 PM8/2/01
So have you sold it yet?

Kindest regards

"Roger & Sonia" <di...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Roger & Sonia

Aug 2, 2001, 11:34:53 PM8/2/01
He he,

Not sold yet, but I have been pretty impressed with the
discussions I have created.

.....Roger

DAVO

Aug 3, 2001, 1:09:49 AM8/3/01
Bob, it must come down to the fact we laugh and enjoy life a lot more in
Queensland than our poor cranky southern neighbours. Or do you still hold a
grudge against us for whopping your arses in the greatest game of all --- State
of Origin????? JOKE JOKE JOKE LAUGH LAUGH:>) :>) :>) :>)
I don't want to argue with you but I can honestly say not once have I ever
tried intentionally to upset you in here but your last couple of posts to me
have been somewhat flamebaiting me......LOL Ok Joke :>)

DAVO

ahca...@yahoo.com

Aug 3, 2001, 4:00:42 AM8/3/01
That's it Bob, criticize his grammar. That'll show him.

prin...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2020, 12:37:46 PM4/17/20
On Monday, 30 July 2001 12:39:30 UTC+10, Roger & Sonia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to personal reasons I am selling my high-end SONY television.
> Details are at the end of this post..
>
> 80CM ES SERIES WEGA FD TRINITRON MODEL KVES34M31
>
> This is an awesome TV for viewing DVD's, is fully Widescreen Anamorphic
> compatible,
> and is in an as new condition.
>
> RRP for this TV is currently $4799. I will sell it for $3999.
> Interested buyers only please, I am located in Melbourne, so unless
> you which to pay for shipping (not advisable), Melbourne buyers only please.
>
> Please send me an email if interested, be quick as I do expect it to sell
> fast.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Roger MacKertich.
>
> Details as taken from WWW.SONY.COM.AU
>
> Features:
> 80cm FD Trinitron WEGA tube
> DRC-MF: DRC 1250 and DRC 100
> Digital Comb Filter (PAL) and 3D Digital Comb Filter (NTSC)
> Multi-Image Driver (MID)
> Vertical Compression Wide Mode
> DVD Component Input
> Virtual Dolby Digital Surround Sound
> Digital Input (Audio)
> Energy Saving Features: Eco Mode and Eco Standby
> Sleek Silver Aluminium Design
> Intelligent Volume
> AV Inputs: 3 Rear Inputs, 1 Side
> S Video Inputs: 1 Rear, 1 Side
> Monitor Out: 1 Rear
> Headphone Jack: 1 Side
> On Screen Display
> Teletext (Fast Text/Top Text)
> Child Lock
> Wake Up / Sleep Timer
> Supplied Remote Navigator
>
> Picture
> Screen Size:: 80cm
> TV Tuner:: Multi System
>
> Sound
> Audio Output:: 15W + 15W
> Sound System:: A2 Stereo, NICAM
>
> General
> Power Consumption: 240W
> Dimensions WxHxD: 859 x 650 x 573
> Weight (kg): 84
>
> For more information and pictures visit...
> http://www.sony.com.au/content.asp?go=products.asp

i just bought this TV today for $20 19 years later lol