Ignition Module replacement

Richard Bieling

Jun 27, 2022, 1:30:09 PM6/27/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am in the process of replacing the ignition module on my Aurora Cobra #34.
I have a bit of a concern as the order of the wires colors are different on the new module as compared to the original Dura spark module.

I asked about this with the parts supplier and he said that as long as the color of the tab where the wires come out is the same as the original, this does not make a difference. The colors are both Yellow as you can see in the pictures.
I am a bit concerned on how to connect the new module. the order of the wires is not the same.

The original is Green, Red, Black, White, Purple, Orange

the new replacement module the order is : Red, White, rGreen, Black, purple and Orange.

The question that I have is

1. Do I just keep the connections as they are from the original module in the same order and not worry about changing the order of the wires
2. Or do I match the color of the wires from the module to the color of the color of the wires to the car.

Has anyone replaced the Ignition Module? Was it just plug and play or did you trace out the wires and make the connections from the Electrical diagram

I have tried to trace the wires from the electrical diagram but that original documentation is a bit poor as the wires sometimes go into a block and nothing shows the color code coming out.

Thank you again for the support.

Rich

Old wires.jpg
Connection wires.jpg