Ignition switch reference Aurora GRX ?

Eiffel

Jun 3, 2021, 6:37:42 AM6/3/21
to AuroraCobra
Hi,

Does someone know the reference of the ignition switch ?
Mine just went dead (key freely turning, no spring effect, and no function)

Any hint on how to remove the steering column plastic cover ?

Eiffel, #50

pet deg

Jun 3, 2021, 8:30:04 AM6/3/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
It's a MG ignition available from Moss motors , at least that's where I got mine. If you drop the steering column by taking U bracket off under dash 3 or 4 screws to separate and remove 2-piece cover will be accessible .

Jun 3, 2021, 8:53:55 AM6/3/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Great input Jim & Pet Deg ! Thanks ! Will let you know if I get into troubles ...

Tom Wallerich

Jun 3, 2021, 11:26:44 AM6/3/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Franck- I believe the column and ignition switch are MGB, and you should have luck ordering from Sussex Classic MG Parts or ANG Classic Car Parts in Nottingham, UK. Much closer to you than Moss Motors in Los Angeles.

Tom W

Eiffel

Jul 18, 2021, 2:02:16 PM7/18/21
to AuroraCobra

I purchased Lucas part BHM7144X for MGB US 1978 onwards. It fits great, but comes with a 6 wires  single connector when the Aurora has 2 connectors (4 wires and 2 wires). I did cut the wires to reuse the existing connectors, matched the wires by colors and connected them … and voilà !

Eiffel

Jul 18, 2021, 2:07:20 PM7/18/21
to AuroraCobra

Here the picture of my Aurora device and the new one.
IMG_2116.JPG

Tom Wallerich

Jul 18, 2021, 5:40:59 PM7/18/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Bravo, Franck

Robert Young

Jul 25, 2021, 11:03:03 AM7/25/21
to pet...@hotmail.com, auror...@googlegroups.com
Hi....just a follow-up on my ignition switch, which was very difficult to insert key into the switch - ordered one online from English Motors, same as the one advertised as MG at Moss Motors, and the new one is now installed and working fine. I wish to thank those that passed on the info for a new switch, plus the ease at which the attachment of the old plugs (2) to the new switch/wires. Piece of cake...wiring not identical but the COLORS were, making it foolproof.

Again, thanks to the members of this Forum for providing me with this valuable information!

Thankful Regards,

Bob #087