Aurora Cobra record sale price

suntennis

Dec 23, 2021, 8:10:26 PM12/23/21
to AuroraCobra
I owned #67 for a few years and made some improvements on it including installing a look alike 289 Cobra dash. The running gear was original with a 4 speed transmission. Other than that, the car was in nice condition. The buyer of my car did a few minor things to it and put it on Bring A Trailer. The car sold today for a price hard to imagine. Yesterday the price was $48K. Unless there was a misprint, the sale price was $74K. The seller did do a nice presentation. What a salesman.

B Woody

Dec 24, 2021, 6:04:12 PM12/24/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is very correct and not a misprint.
The car sold for 74kUSD$ PLUST the 5% Buyer's Premium to BaT. (BP capped at 5kUSD)
Quite the very impressive "flip" I would say by doing very little other than adding a carb and detail.

I saw it and looked at it a couple of times.
I was Vewy Vewy Quiet and made NO comments on that auction.
Lots of very good pics and details like most do on BaT.

I've been on BaT for a few yrs now and I like it.
Very reasonable listing fees.
Sellers are not to list anywhere else when selling on BaT.
Sellers are able to lower their reserve.

Bidders must be registered and are required to submit a 5% hold on a Credit/Debit Card to make a bid.
ZERO bid cancellations even if your cat bid by walking on the keyboard or your Wifey or other significant "other" said NO.
NO free shipping from the FeeBay Warehouse in Yukarabia Nigeria on a BIN.
NO BIN bids from recreation scam bidders that ruin your auctions.
Imagine where GreedBay would be today without that stupidity and nonsense?

BaT is very pretty legit and I've been through a LOT of auction sites of all kinds.
"Stand Up Auctions"?
NEVER stand in front of a "Soda Machine" as they might be bidding against you...really for serious.
Steer clear of those 2 big guys with dark sunglasses and cowboy hats by at least 50 ft in any direction.
Don't bid higher on a nice paint job in regards to Heavy Equipment..."Who's Buying Paint"? Is all I have to say...

So, who will be the next AC seller on BaT?
Maybe that "Web Guy" in NZ?
He might have to have that car Double Vaxxed with 12 booster shots and maybe quaranteened for 10 days or more before leaving  NZ?
JK but, not really as I feel your pains...for serious.
Air Transport is the way to go on a smaller car and maybe less expensive than a 1st class seat.
Or a shipping container back to Chy...na?
Just make good gosh darned sure that payment has 100% FULLY cleared beforehand...

Don't flood the market all at once and make sure you give great details and post at least 100 pictures.
And make sure you have that coveted "Emission Sticker" for CA.
And if the new owner of #67 doesn't have one?
Someone should send one to him/her? For free just for setting a World Record...and lessen their possible future burden.

For the "Peoplekind" of Canada...didja know?
If you are bidding on any auctions of a vehicle outside of Canada and bringing it back to Canada.
You may be eligible for a 5% tax rebate upon re-entry to Canada?
How does that work?

Well, just because the 1st digit of the V.I.N starts with a "2" meaning that it was made in Canada.
It doesn't mean that you are eligible for this tax discount.
The vehicle must have been 1st titled/registered in Canada and that is when the tax discount applies.
You can clarify and confirm this information on RIV.CA

Anywho
Sorry if my posting was lengthy somewhat?
Good info for those with any interest.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...keep your powder dry.
And "Good Night Mrs Calabash, wherever you are".

Jan 15, 2022, 6:13:34 AM1/15/22
to AuroraCobra
 Interesting thread.  I am the buyer of that car on BAT for 74.  You make it sound like it sold for Ferrari prices. Is 74 crazy money for a fun car? Hmmm ..What is interesting is I just spoke with Dana Billingsley in  AZ, the LAST owner of the car.  He sounds like he is about 75 years old and disabled and he did all the mods including dash. I am looking at his list and bills. Forgive me, but who are you SUNTENNIS?

thx much

virdana

Jan 15, 2022, 12:56:12 PM1/15/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Suntennis is an 86 year old man in good health that plays tennis 4 to 6 times a week year around in Arizona that likes Cobras. I was the proud owner of CSX 2318 in 1970 and sold it 1971. Presently I am restoring a Mustang. As a side note, If the carb on your car is a 600CFM Eddlebrock, it is probably the one I installed not the seller you got the car from.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AuroraCobra" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/auroracobra/cbcd0e91-b25e-44c6-80a2-56bdba13d017n%40googlegroups.com.

B Woody

Jan 16, 2022, 3:15:09 PM1/16/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Not at all did "I" imply that you paid an Enzo price for this car.
But, you did pay the highest price ever to date for an Aurora Cars Cobra considering in 1982 these cars were selling for new in the $40k Canadian $.
So, it is somewhat of a Milestone so to speak sans the Ferrari maint costs...
Does the Aurora Cars Cobra have any foibles?
Sure it does name me vehicle that doesn't have any please.

You bought a very well hand built car by a great team from back in the day.
I am fortunate to say that I was a part of that team from high 30's to high 90's #'s.
Fair to say that I probably took a lap around the block (as most of us did) prior to the 1st owner.

"We were Young and Proud...We were Makin Thunderbirds"...
Bob Seger should have made that song 2yrs earlier than 1984  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCW5GRilRyE
Hope I got that right?
If not?
Just go into Youtube and type in Bob Seger Makin Thunderbirds.

So many emails since #67 sold on BaT that I cannot keep track.
And I don't use this email address very often.
So I am a bit somewhat confused?
You bought #67 on BaT and you are "Chupee"???
Same person that has a "Wide Body" possibly maybe a ? without a documented V.I.N or any Provenance in regards???
Same person that bought a 914 "Toaster" with a 1.7 engine with a VERY questionable title history? For $25k???

I am only confused on days that end in a "Y"...
and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.