New Aurora owner, have spare parts to sell......

rlyo...@aol.com

Jun 17, 2020, 11:32:25 AM6/17/20
to AuroraCobra
Hi...I recently purchased Aurora S/N XXXX087; I am in the process of completing the work that was not done by previous owner, and have spare parts for this car that I do not need. Is there a specific area on this site where parts are listed for sale separately or do you just post them here?

I read on this site where the Aurora's have a problematic electrical system - seems my front park lamps come on when the brake pedal is pushed. Hmmmmm - have not delved into that, but perhaps someone else has had that issue and knows the wiring problem? Thought the grounds might be poor but checked out OK on all lamp assemblies.

Looking forward to enjoying this super car soon - I live in Waxhaw, NC.

Respectfully,

Bob Young

friendly et

Jun 18, 2020, 8:03:21 PM6/18/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Welcome Bob.

On the Aurora site in cars for sale, there's a link to sell parts.

I can't help you on the wiring issue. Sometimes it take awhile for responses.

Cheers,

020... Gay Wong

Jun 19, 2020, 10:06:40 AM6/19/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gay...thanks for the tip on parts for sale location, will check into it. Will be digging into the wiring issue soon, currently updating/finishing things not done by previous owner - having fun in process.

Thanks for your interest - in due time I hope to post additional info on myself and the car for all to view.

Bob

Sascha K.

Jun 20, 2020, 10:48:42 AM6/20/20
to AuroraCobra
Hi Bob,

Congratulations for your new toy! Why not posting the list of parts here? I would be interested in some Aurora emblems if you have some for sale.

Cheers

Sascha

Robert Young

Jun 20, 2020, 1:21:35 PM6/20/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sasha....Thanks for the tip - by the way, I do have the front emblem and both sides available when my others come in (orig Cobra style since my car had been previously "de-Aurora-ized" and those were the only things left to purchase to complete the transformation. Unsure on delivery date - will contact you when that happens and they are actually "spares".

Have  been correcting a few things on this car that were cobbled by first owner (second owner had it for 5+ yrs and was in resto shop for repaint for all but a few months); just made up gas pedal bolt w/sleeve that will replace his double nutted/sticks into cabin area cobbled bolt arrangement. No idea how they are originally but now have clean set-up. On to next project, most very minor.

Unsure how to post pics but could provide a very honest, accurate description w/o pics.

Thanks again for the contact,

Bob

Jun 20, 2020, 2:07:46 PM6/20/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Afternoon and congrats.
I would have been interested in #87 if the $ was right? Pretty sure it was Black though???.
#87 or maybe it was #93 were some of the last ones built prior to the Bankruptcy closure.
I worked on those ones for sure....no not on the mechanical end so I have no idea about why your front parklamps come on when hitting the brake pedal.
The wiring harness was Hand Made on a board by "Gordie".

Where did you find #87 ?
I look and search but not very often really...
Kinda now looking for a Rust Free TR6 that I can stuff a V8 into.
Yahh Lucas Electrics...Lucas..."The Knight of Darkness"...like the Monty Python version of the Knights who say "Nit".

Just moved back to Toronto after living in the SE US for many yrs.
Missing it quite badly now especially since the current Cry Minister has become a "King" buying the Media with taxpayers $ and giving away Gazzillions of taxpayer $ to anywhere but Canada to be a Global Puppet of the UN.
And thank God that he didn't get that seat...He MUST GO.....

150 types of guns now are illegal in Canada?
Just when did an AR15 become an "Assault Rifle"?
The Police carry them...but oh yah they call them "Patrol Car Carbines".....

Oh yahh sorry about that...well yah sorry but not Tory (Mayor of Toronto) Sorry...not sorry at all matter of factly.
The Chinese were my very best customers when I had Collision shops in Toronto
Now I live in a concrete box with Crazy Rich Chinese.
Never in my life prior have I had anyone lay the horn on me in the underground parking because "Their Veh" is worth more than mine.
Makes me wanna buy an AMG G63 wagon with air horns and maybe a pneumatic front hydraulic rad/ac puncturing "Ram"...

Soon to move to the South Niagara region...rural area
Where I can wave to my neighbors and friends and not have the "Karens" lay the horn on me.

Oh yah so...sorry to Rant and get off topic...a lil...lol
Congrats on #87 and JMO...but, just keep the "extra parts" ... for the next owner...maybe?

Jun 20, 2020, 3:45:57 PM6/20/20
to AuroraCobra
Woody, To say I disagree on on your political views would be an understatement, but If you were still in the states I would fight like hell for you to be able to say how you feel. But just not on the Aurora groups. One thing I know we agree on is are love of cars and in particular the Cobra. The greatest thing about going to a car show down here in Atlanta is that Young and Old / Black and white / Hispanic Asian you name it are all engaged in talking about their rides and not politics . There are a zillion websites for political discussion or Rants for you to take advantage of . Please let us have one site we can take a breather from politics.

Thanks in Advance

Peter # 78
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to auror...@googlegroups.com.

Sascha K.

Jun 20, 2020, 4:32:02 PM6/20/20
to AuroraCobra
Hi Bob,

Thank you and I would really appreciate if you could drop me an email when you can send me especially the front emblem. Please use chapels74 at gmx.de

If you want to add pictures here you can just click the button above your text field. See screen shot.

Best regards and take care

Sascha

Am Samstag, 20. Juni 2020 19:21:35 UTC+2 schrieb Robert Young:
[...]

test.JPG

B Woody

Jun 20, 2020, 5:24:27 PM6/20/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hey there Peter #78
I most def worked on that one.
Yah hey kinda sorry but not sorry about that Politics thing .
But being a Camerican/Russian/German/Welsh/Jew....
And then moving back to Canuckistan was a real eye opener for me.

I am a True Conservative Patriot no matter what Country I reside in.
Kinda hard to be that kind of person in Canada these days though in this upside down Clown World.

Rolling into Toronto with my US plated Truck/Race Car Trailer and SUV.
Coming down off of the Gardiner with my Driver's window down a "Brown Dude" pulls up next to me and rolls down his Passenger window and yells at me.
He yells "We are going to F you up American" kinda not really what I was expecting to hear really.
"Welcome to Canada" would have been rather nice though....

Having a meal and a brewski at the local to me Pub/Grill/Bar watching a Hockey game.
Some loudmouth "Brown Guy" was dissing a US team from my State.
I said "That's not Nice" showed him my US DL and he called me a fkn Racist.....

And that was a while back...so yahh...this is now what it has all become..
"Diversity is Our Strength" in Canada.....yah OK
And so ya Atlanta.
Used to be such a great City.

I happen to be White and I have Black friends.
And those Black friends of mine are beyond sick of all of this BLM BS creating this racial divide.
"White Supremacy"?
I haven't even heard that term in well over 30yrs....until the Soros led BLM brought it up...

OK so ya I now feel better...lol
I shall never bring up Politic in in the A/C forum. again.

I'm a Car/Truck/Motorcycle Guy.....Plain and simple period.
But,
Sometimes I just get a lil bit bent out of shape in this Upsidedown Clown World.
The closest thing to a Conservative (A Real Conservative) in Canada is Michelle Rempel in Alberta.
I would luv to see Ted Cruz in TX run for being a Conservative Leader in Canada.
He is a true Patriot.
'Cause:
He was "Born Near the USA, Born Near the USA".....Born in Alberta actually.

Fun fact about Aurora Cars.
They bought a bunch of DeLoreans to resell.
Bought them High and sold them Low.....another loss due to poor management.
But hey
Don't "Blaine" me on that one putting the cart in front of the horse.

Gots a diesel?
What kind of diesel would you stuff in an A/C Cobra?
Only diesel I have right now is a Kawasaki motocross from the Gov.....fun bike

Jun 20, 2020, 6:03:51 PM6/20/20
to AuroraCobra
Let's just say I agree to disagree with you and at least in the states I would fight to let your voice be heard , and that's what is is all about. Nobody's right or wrong we just have to compromise about all the different opinions and actually get something done . There are of course extremists on both sides and everyone has their story to tell myself included .But as I said that's for a different websites . Thank you for your promise to leave this site about Aurora's I appreciate it.

Peter # 78

odl...@twc.com

Jun 21, 2020, 11:19:53 AM6/21/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for setting the use of this website straight Peter. These days there are plenty of venues for other comments Mr. Woody. Honestly I don't really want to get details of the political scene in Canada- sorry. As for "disguised" profanity I'd like to warn you- this needs to stop immediately!  Racial matters, hockey and motorcycles please refrain.....
Texas owner of a black Aurora (number "missing"- long story,
Wally

Robert Young

Jul 11, 2020, 7:24:07 PM7/11/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sascha.....sorry for the delay on this, sort of misplaced it until now; I am going to try and sell all of the ORIG Aurora parts at once - they include very nice front/rear bumper assemblies, complete roll bar, tail lights, side emblems, nose emblem, mirrors (pitted) and anything else that I will not be using. If they do not sell, might consider sub-dividing as mentioned previously, but not individually. I am asking $500 for all items, which I believe should be a fair price.

If you know of anyone interested, please pass it on.

If you still have an interest in any of the above, will consider all offers on specific groups.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to auroracobra...@googlegroups.com.

Jay Edelston

Jul 12, 2020, 1:32:10 PM7/12/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
ISO  fog/ running light lens.  Anyone have an extra?

Jay Edelston

Jul 12, 2020, 2:21:56 PM7/12/20
to auror...@googlegroups.com
On Jul 12, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Jay Edelston <jfe...@hotmail.com> wrote:

ISO  fog/ running light lens.  Anyone have an extra?

PS.        Interior diameter = 2.5”     depth = 1.75’’          Clear translucent glass, NOT colored

Sascha K.

Jul 15, 2020, 4:21:29 PM7/15/20
to AuroraCobra
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your update and no worries! I am only interested in the nose emblem. So would much appreciate if you let me know once you would sell it alone.

All the best to you

Sascha
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to auroracobra+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Randy Orr

Dec 26, 2021, 12:06:42 AM12/26/21
to AuroraCobra
new to group and just reading old post. I couldn't t agree more with you and your statement! Well said.  The love of cars is and should be the focus!