Electric Fans Not Working

Cobra Cobretti

Mar 13, 2024, 11:42:11 AMMar 13
to AuroraCobra
Would anyone have a cross reference number for the temperature sender/sensor on the radiator?
It has "3450" on it, but I can find it for sale anywhere.

Thanks, Glennthumbnail_20240313_113312.jpgthumbnail_20240313_104459.jpg

alsincl...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2024, 10:49:17 AMMar 14
to AuroraCobra
Glen just about any single tab sensor will work if it bolts in usually 175 on  to 185 off temp works in most applications . If you can sort out the threads, many  do come with adapters

If you ground the wire does the fan turn on if not check the relay as well

Just a suggestion

Cheers Al

Cobra Cobretti

Mar 15, 2024, 10:38:55 AMMar 15
to AuroraCobra
Hey Al,

After trying to find the part for a day or two, figured out that this was a radiator for auto trans. 3/8" diam x 3/8" lenght. There was no fluid that came out when I took the sensor out. It is a chamber that is isolated from the rad fluid and would need to be filled separately. Sensor never belonged in there. Even different threads and it's stripped now. Will probably just put in manual switch on dash.

Thanks!
Glenn

AL SINCLAIR

Mar 15, 2024, 2:19:40 PMMar 15
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot 2024-03-15 141406.jpg
Hey Glen you might want to try one of the rad hose inline for the temp sensor
 It is a lot to remember to run the switch when your out having fun

Electric fans can draw 12-20 amps does your system have a relay in it if not I might suggest something like this as well.

I had a similar issue with one of my other vehicles and found this to work great

Good luck cheers Al
Screenshot 2024-03-15 142005.jpg

Cobra Cobretti

Mar 15, 2024, 2:44:20 PMMar 15
to AuroraCobra
Wow, great solution. Never knew of those! I will try it!
Thanks, Al!

AL SINCLAIR

Mar 16, 2024, 5:12:52 PMMar 16
to auror...@googlegroups.com