GRX #45

AuroraCobra

Aug 1, 2022, 10:44:10 AM8/1/22
to AuroraCobra
I will be selling #45.....the car is in Canada. Can anyone suggest a good place online to list the car....looking for some exposure in the USA market.
If the "web guy" sees this I would also be interested in posting it on auroracobra.org. Pls advise requirements to list on the Cars for Sale section of the website.

Keith #45

Blair Aaronson

Aug 1, 2022, 11:18:34 AM8/1/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Bring a trailer EBAY  PCARS

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Investment advisory services offered through Virtue Capital Management, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. CA #0L70621

Any media logos and/or trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners and no endorsement by those owners of Blair Aaronson or Retirement Thru Design is stated or implied.Media appearances may have been obtained through a PR firm, and are paid placements"

I will be selling #45.....the car is in Canada. Can anyone suggest a good place online to list the car....looking for some exposure in the USA market.
If the "web guy" sees this I would also be interested in posting it on auroracobra.org. Pls advise requirements to list on the Cars for Sale section of the website.

Keith #45

llachance

Aug 1, 2022, 8:39:54 PM8/1/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I might be interested in the car.  I am in Vancouver. Any chance the car might be nearby?

Lorne

Tom Wallerich

Aug 1, 2022, 11:17:53 PM8/1/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I have forwarded your email address to the seller of Aurora #45

Tom Wallerich
The Web Guy

Tom Wallerich

Aug 2, 2022, 1:41:57 AM8/2/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
#45 is located in Ontario Canada between Lake Superior and Lake Huron. Sorry, not in the Pacific Northwest.

Tom W

llachance

Aug 2, 2022, 12:20:07 PM8/2/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Butternut Accounting

Aug 2, 2022, 2:23:23 PM8/2/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Expose it in the US market. The last 3 Aurora's I had all got lowballed here in Canada, once I put them on the US market they sold quickly and at a fair price. I am not trying to be insulting with this comment but it is the reality I experienced. Had the same experience with a 928, got lowballed so it went to Germany.

--

Len Curtis, CPA, CGA
Finance Manager www.thebutternut.ca

T: 416-767-2121

M: 416-508-3145

2743 Dundas St. West

Toronto ON M6P 1Y1

GRX 32

Aug 25, 2022, 2:18:16 PM8/25/22
to AuroraCobra
Hi Keith,
I read in your auction that you put onQA1 coil over adjustable shocks on the rear and new rear calipers. I cannot find any source for either and was hoping you could tell me where you found them.
Good luck with the sale.

Colin  #32

pet deg

Aug 25, 2022, 3:17:47 PM8/25/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
If you put QA1 coil overs in the conversation tab ( in the google groups ) it will come up with the part numbers, I used . If you google QA1 coilovers it will come up . but just go to Summit racing , very good prices /large stock / easy returns / good tech help / and no I don't work or profit from summit sales.

Aug 25, 2022, 8:08:41 PM8/25/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Hello Collin #32,

The shocks were from Summit....Part# HAL-DS702....ordered with 14” springs at a 275 lbs. spring rate Part# HAL-14CS275, QA1 Coil Over adjusting Tool Part# HAL-T114W and Coil 0ver Thrust Bearing Kit Part# HAL-7888-109 (all number following HAL are QA1 part numbers)

Rear calipers were not hard to find once identified as 1980 Toyota Celica front (not all GRX may have used these).....used Advance Auto Parts (USA) and a Part# SLC8522.....I think supplier was Fenco.

Hope this helps.

Keith #45

Sent from Mail for Windows

Tom Wallerich

If you put QA1 coil overs in the conversation tab ( in the google groups ) it will come up with the part numbers, I used . If you google QA1 coilovers it will come up . but just go to Summit racing , very good prices /large stock / easy returns / good tech help / and no I don't work or profit from summit sales.

216DBB9A68E04846B88626413BEE18C2.png

SJ410K

Aug 26, 2022, 4:46:23 PM8/26/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I can't thank you enough Kieth as those solve many years of pondering exactly what to buy and from where! I'm betting our cars were built within two months of each other and likely identical parts used.

I couldn't get the caliper part number to work at advance but it brought up a bunch of crossovers to muti suppliers and I should be able to chase it down from there. I'm curious how hard it was to pull the diff as it looked to me like that was necessary to get the calipers off?

The ride height on yours looks perfect and I was curious how much thread you had left below the adjustment nut to get it where you liked it and would stick with the 275# springs? There are almost always two of us in the car and the original ones are bottoming pretty easily now.

Thanks again!

Colin #32

Keith Bayles

Aug 27, 2022, 2:08:26 PM8/27/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Hello Colin,

Good to hear this stuff is useful for others....I did spend a lot of time on the internet. Let me know if there is anything  else I might be able to help with....

The rear calipers were actually installed from underneath the car. Tires were off but everything else was intact...one of  the most challenging jobs I did. To do it again I would probably remove most of the rear control arms, hub and shocks....good time to do the shocks. Last thing I wanted to do was disturb the differential.....already did the snub bushings and support bracket bushing.  Worst part was installing the anti-rattle clips and brake pads. I also learned the caliper brake line fitting was metric threaded and the Aurora brake line fitting was imperial threaded....small pigtail converting from one to the other solved that.

There is about 7/8th to an inch of thread below the adjustment nut on the QA1s......your tires and rims might require this to be different for your car. The front end was already rebuilt and I was high on the front end....with the QA1s installed I set it down and started working the adjustment nuts....weight off the suspension.....concentrating on the gap between top of the tire and the top of the wheel well being the same at the front and back. The 275 lb spring rate seems to keep it level with two passengers...added an extra thread to make sure.

Regards,

Keith #45

Sent from Mail for Windows

Tom Wallerich

Aug 27, 2022, 2:20:20 PM8/27/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Nice, that’s quite a bit of upgrading, Keith. Remember when you lower the front end, if the steering control arms aren’t level you’ll get “bump steer.” You’re right though, a lower cobra looks much better and even handles better.

Tom W

On Aug 27, 2022, at 11:08 AM, Keith Bayles <kba...@outlook.com> wrote:

586BCFBCCA8543B895FF20A924F285E3.png