Heat Soak

guzz...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2022, 6:08:51 PM2/27/22
to AuroraCobra
I was having a problem with heat soak (that is a restart after engine was hot after 20 min and before it cooled down completely. I put spacers on Intake (3/4 was max) and it helped a lot but really didn't solve problem. So, my car most of the Aurora's have the Ellerbrock performer intake on it?

To make a long story boring a put a Edelbrock " Air Gap " manifold (EDL 7521) which is their RPM manifold with a casting space between intake base and Carb platform (3/4 higher than performer) which keeps intake air cooler. Now it changes the choke and fast idle settings but seems to work really well. Of course, it's not summer yet in Atlanta.

The only problem was the temp gauge probe which wouldn't thread in (metric?) but probe TS300 works within 5 degrees on the smith gauge.

Let me know if anyone else has/had this problem or if you need more info.

Peter AKA Guzz / Spike #78