SMOG In CA

Blair Aaronson

Jul 16, 2022, 2:26:06 PM7/16/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

So, after months of repairs and paint etc. and a trip to Mike McCluskey's to really tweak my car, I find I have 1 final challenge.

 I was told this car with the Edelbrock intake and carb will never pass smog in Ca.

 Any owners in Ca plese chime in!

 thx Blair

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Investment advisory services offered through Virtue Capital Management, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. CA #0L70621

Any media logos and/or trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners and no endorsement by those owners of Blair Aaronson or Retirement Thru Design is stated or implied.Media appearances may have been obtained through a PR firm, and are paid placements"

Kevin Gonzales

Jul 25, 2022, 4:34:46 PM7/25/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I think I need to hear about this also.....

comp...@cox.net

Jul 25, 2022, 6:19:40 PM7/25/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Kevin

I owned Aurora # 154 and it had a Holly 4 barrel. California smog was a real pain in the ass. The car had to be tuned perfectly to pass smog test.

John Perry

On Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 11:26 AM Blair Aaronson <bl...@retirementthrudesign.com> wrote:

So, after months of repairs and paint etc. and a trip to Mike McCluskey's to really tweak my car, I find I have 1 final challenge.

 I was told this car with the Edelbrock intake and carb will never pass smog in Ca.

 Any owners in Ca plese chime in!

 thx Blair

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Investment advisory services offered through Virtue Capital Management, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. CA #0L70621

Any media logos and/or trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners and no endorsement by those owners of Blair Aaronson or Retirement Thru Design is stated or implied.Media appearances may have been obtained through a PR firm, and are paid placements"

image001.png
image002.png
image003.png

Blair Aaronson

Small catalytic converters mounted just below the headers did the trick for me. That was many years back, but the CA Referee awarded me the SB100 plaque in the first try.

Tom Wallerich #110

On Jul 25, 2022, at 3:25 PM, Blair Aaronson <bl...@retirementthrudesign.com> wrote:

I will chime in after I get it reg.

Outlook-ol2yze4s.png

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Outlook-xj32ni0v.png

Outlook-3amf3ubd.png

[...]

 thx Blairimage001.png

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

image002.png

image003.png

Investment advisory services offered through Virtue Capital Management, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. CA #0L70621

Any media logos and/or trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners and no endorsement by those owners of Blair Aaronson or Retirement Thru Design is stated or implied.Media appearances may have been obtained through a PR firm, and are paid placements"

Paul Stoddard

Jul 26, 2022, 10:01:58 AM7/26/22
to auror...@googlegroups.com
If you have a friend or relative in another  state register it there. A friend of mine uses my address and he also lives in CA  . We have an antique/vintage category for cars over 25 years old. No smog or safety inspections.  My good friend also happens to be "GOD" over ALL motor vehicle division of Utah!  I'm happy to help if you opt to get creative. 801 347-6366..Paul ..car #36