1985 Aurora MK II Rear Caliper Help

Troy, Rachel Kawartha Lakes Marine

Mar 15, 2021, 5:36:28 PM3/15/21
to AuroraCobra
Hi all,

I'm hoping people still check out this discussion group....
I have a customers 1985 Aurora MK II in our shop. A few mechanics have worked on it, replacing parts with other parts that don't work etc etc. We have discovered that it has ATE calipers on the rear, but they are rubbing on the rotor. Is there anyone out there that knows part numbers or names for the correct fitting calipers?
I just spent over an hour going through the list of conversations on here (directed from the auroracobra.org website) and haven't had any luck.
I've spent multiple hours "googling" the same subject - no luck.
So here I am, hoping there's someone, somewhere in this massive world that can help me find calipers for this beauty in our shop. I'm positive my customer would like his car back in time for spring thaw & sunshine.
Any suggestions, help... anything! would be greatly appreciated (more than you know, at this point!)

TIA,

Rachel

pet deg

Mar 15, 2021, 7:07:45 PM3/15/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hello from # 78 , It would help to get the number of the car . there were transition years that the mixed and matched parts depending what was on hand . Have you determined if it has a Jag or Corvette rear end ? a lot of info on the Google groups if you put in "Brakes " in the search box.
I did quite a lot of work on my car with the Granada front rotors and " capri " rear calipers . Also, the Mopar M/C which has the brake rod that inserts into Plunger which allowed me to change the leverage points to make the brakes 150% easier to use without spending a lot of money.

It's all in the google groups under Guzzy or Peter take a look to see if that helps.

Peter

Mar 15, 2021, 7:14:02 PM3/15/21
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I also posted under " Spike "

Mar 30, 2021, 12:32:31 AM3/30/21
to AuroraCobra

The list of parts for my car show the rear calipers are those used on the front of 1973-1978 Capri. Part numbers are D5RY2B121A and D5RY2B120A.

marcokaf...@yahoo.de

Apr 26, 2023, 10:53:31 AM4/26/23
to AuroraCobra
Hi everybody,

same problem here on my Aurora. Rear left brake caliper is defect and a in want to buy a spare part. According to spare list it should be a FORD caliper with the spare part number D5RY-2B121-A (I think that 2B121-B ist correct). I also have discovered that at the moment it has a ATE caliper on the rear but I can't see any spare part number. After a lot of googling the CARDONE 19-244 and 19-245 should be suitable for D5RY-2B121-A/B and D5RY-2B120-A. Does anybody has any experience if these calipers are suitable? Or can anybody recommend other suitable calipers?

Thanks a lot from Germany!
Marco

AL SINCLAIR

Apr 26, 2023, 7:32:50 PM4/26/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Good evening Marco I did a little google surfing I am not sure  but they  appear to be a ford capri the reason they appear to be so hard to find inthe  US  is the capri was under a different banner here and not that popular  It would appear the ford capri was built in Germany for many years and hopefully if they fit are readily available in europe at a reasonable price hopefully they are the right ones cheers Al from Barrie

P.S> it appears there are 2 styles one for solid disc and one for vented

 the ebay link has a good set of pictures for reference

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256017613882?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20201210111314%26meid%3Da909ade8d36a4cfcbfb31f02d9ce1cbf%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D231519990474%26itm%3D256017613882%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv11WebTrimmedV3MskuWithLambda85KnnRecallV1V4V6ItemNrtInQueryAndCassiniVisualRankerAndBertRecall%26brand%3DUnbranded&_trksid=p2047675.c101195.m1851&amdata=cksum%3A256017613882a909ade8d36a4cfcbfb31f02d9ce1cbf%7Cenc%3AAQAIAAABUA2rugFlOq3qu1cLac%252F%252Fk6Vp0Oa0HaJIqoXKeIiOR%252BTUgsSvHaeyPxKYu6UqHqq7GaGyKVqHQnjeiiXcQpMGw2t3aB%252BssGfjtIWOBj8wExc7oYYP7xGMyQCrHDyDaSaWjB1CueI3A94n0yxXX5dx5gCSJGrXUD2Mq35aqR5%252FwEnv07Xu6R7ojF8gBc5bBfYuQdKPx6NZ0HLXINA51nOLbJ8Upl7W8knlahZxol1n3tQifVcmJBJxaJIgierk1K%252FLx0V3apeIkYH59%252BTf8FlDBRlcnWTrEBfWP9fDK%252FLont7TiPyoCIBKjDycX311Ucu5DWmbKVzkHv4S%252B7j9N1gg9qZRVbIsmx66NN24Ywe2dQ%252BMLF0S7XfCwQL9t%252Fzyc4uywe44ryXmcLKwbrKqRzuOBb6hyInoROSKKCfeQwX1NIXWQQJxDEXgeZH3tJ%252BNZLTgrg%253D%253D%7Campid%3APL_CLK%7Cclp%3A2047675

caliper.jpg

AL SINCLAIR

Apr 26, 2023, 7:51:57 PM4/26/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Blair Aaronson

Jun 13, 2023, 3:10:02 PM6/13/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com
HELP

  What is the bulb/ dual filament for the mg brake and turn signal light  Cannot find  the replacment

 thx alot

bl...@retirementthrudesign.com | phone 800.701.1870 | fax 310.601.1819

Ca. License# OL70621
21550 Oxnard St., Suite 300 Woodland Hills, CA 91367

Investment advisory services offered through Virtue Capital Management, LLC, an SEC-Registered Investment Advisor. CA #0L70621

Any media logos and/or trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners and no endorsement by those owners of Blair Aaronson or Retirement Thru Design is stated or implied.Media appearances may have been obtained through a PR firm, and are paid placements"

Jun 13, 2023, 4:47:22 PM6/13/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Maybe source it out of moss motors.

Blair Aaronson

Jun 13, 2023, 4:59:18 PM6/13/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com

Get Outlook for Android

Jun 13, 2023, 9:30:52 PM6/13/23
to auror...@googlegroups.com
like Blair Aaronson reacted to your message: