1985 Aurora MK II Rear Caliper Help

Troy, Rachel Kawartha Lakes Marine

Mar 15, 2021, 5:36:28 PMMar 15
to AuroraCobra
Hi all,

I'm hoping people still check out this discussion group....
I have a customers 1985 Aurora MK II in our shop. A few mechanics have worked on it, replacing parts with other parts that don't work etc etc. We have discovered that it has ATE calipers on the rear, but they are rubbing on the rotor. Is there anyone out there that knows part numbers or names for the correct fitting calipers?
I just spent over an hour going through the list of conversations on here (directed from the auroracobra.org website) and haven't had any luck.
I've spent multiple hours "googling" the same subject - no luck.
So here I am, hoping there's someone, somewhere in this massive world that can help me find calipers for this beauty in our shop. I'm positive my customer would like his car back in time for spring thaw & sunshine.
Any suggestions, help... anything! would be greatly appreciated (more than you know, at this point!)

TIA,

Rachel

pet deg

Mar 15, 2021, 7:07:45 PMMar 15
to auror...@googlegroups.com
Hello from # 78 , It would help to get the number of the car . there were transition years that the mixed and matched parts depending what was on hand . Have you determined if it has a Jag or Corvette rear end ? a lot of info on the Google groups if you put in "Brakes " in the search box.
I did quite a lot of work on my car with the Granada front rotors and " capri " rear calipers . Also, the Mopar M/C which has the brake rod that inserts into Plunger which allowed me to change the leverage points to make the brakes 150% easier to use without spending a lot of money.

It's all in the google groups under Guzzy or Peter take a look to see if that helps.

Peter

Mar 15, 2021, 7:14:02 PMMar 15
to auror...@googlegroups.com
I also posted under " Spike "

Mar 30, 2021, 12:32:31 AMMar 30
to AuroraCobra

The list of parts for my car show the rear calipers are those used on the front of 1973-1978 Capri. Part numbers are D5RY2B121A and D5RY2B120A.