Happy Makara Sankranti

Raghavendra A

Jan 13, 2009, 4:52:48 PM1/13/09
to Aug 22nd RWTH, PB, arjun...@gmail.com, Tanθ
Hi Guys,

Wish you all Happy Makara Sankranti. During this occasion we can plan together and prepare some special dishes.

I got this Idea today to prepare some special dishes for tomorrow. My plans are like this:

Generally on festivals in South India we prepare Shavige Payasa, Kosambari, Chitra Anna. Along with these we can prepare Sweet and Khara Pongal. I guess preparation of Payasa, Kosambari and Chitra Anna (Lemon rice) will not take much time. But the preparation of Sweet and Khara Pongal is time consuming.  PB is an expert in preparing Menasinakayi Bonda (Chilli Bhajji), I request PB to prepare this as well.
If have any suggestion please let all of us know. I am not asking anyone to join us in this occasion, it is your personal interest. Sorry guys for sharing this idea very late. You can also invite others who are not copied in this mail to join us. I will call my mom tomorrow and get the recepies for Sweet Pongal and other stuffs.

Sorry for those who didnt understand some Kannada words as I dont know the English equivalent for some words.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Suhas Konanur

Jan 13, 2009, 4:59:10 PM1/13/09
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
we can call divya also??

Raghavendra A

Jan 13, 2009, 5:05:57 PM1/13/09
to aug2...@googlegroups.com, arjun...@gmail.com, PB, Tanθ, friend...@gmail.com
Hi All,

Divya will join us tomorrow in towers. She is an expert in preparing Sweet Pongal.

If u have any suggestions please reply to all so that everybody comes to know what is happening.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Raghavendra A

Jan 13, 2009, 5:07:33 PM1/13/09
to aug2...@googlegroups.com, arjun...@gmail.com, PB, Tanθ, friend...@gmail.com
Tannistha,

Are you sleeping? Give us some tastes of typical Bengali dishes.

Thanks
Raghavendra

VK Mahesh

Jan 13, 2009, 5:30:19 PM1/13/09
to aug2...@googlegroups.com, arjun...@gmail.com, PB, Tanθ, friend...@gmail.com
NamaskAra,
I think I already have some fried moong dal and thought we can make moong dal payasam.
Wish you all a happy Makara Samkranti....
Swasti,
Mahesh
--
Mahesh Venkata Krishna

Raghavendra A

Jan 14, 2009, 7:51:04 AM1/14/09
to Aug 22nd RWTH, arjun...@gmail.com, PB, Tanθ
Hallo,

Today I bought Chilli Powder, Mung Dal, Jaggery, Mustard Seed, Coconut, Green Chilli, Coriander Leaf. from Indian shop.
People in towers have to arrange for Rice, Curry leaf, Urad Dal, Oil, Ghee, 2 cookers, lemon cyrup, Haldi ( for chitra anna). one frying pan etc..

We will get powdered dry coconut, Cardamom, Shenga seeds and Red Chilli along with items got from Indian shop.

I dont know the recepies for Khara Pongal. Please let us know if we need  extra items.

Thanks

Raghavendra