Important: Food Items

Raghavendra A

Aug 3, 2008, 10:58:09 AM8/3/08
to Aug 22nd RWTH
Hi,

Please find the attached document containing the list of food items to be carried along with us.

One last minute addition 1/2 Kg Ginger ( Shunti).

I have mentioned the items I am getting.

Please let me know who will get which items in the next 2 days.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Food Items.doc

mahesh

Aug 3, 2008, 11:31:02 AM8/3/08
to rwthaug22
Well,
I think adding 3kgs of pickle to the list completes it. Also, Rasam
and Sambhar powders, about 1.5 kgs each(me and Suhas will get it).
That makes the total 22kgs and adding some 2kg CDs and DVDs.
Mahesh

hariharan vivek

Aug 4, 2008, 5:35:07 AM8/4/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys ,

I have purchased different variety of pickles . So I feel u just need to get 2 more bottles of pickles . Dont overbuy Pickles as I have already done that from Chennai.  U guys go ahead with some other things .

Regards

Hari

hariharan vivek

Aug 4, 2008, 5:38:19 AM8/4/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Guys ,

Instead of getting CDs and DVDs I would suggest some of u guys to get an external hard disc . I have one for 100 GB . I have stored some movies .Also will try to get more of English movies for entertainment. I will bring my German A1 level books . We can share it too . Regarding books have u got any idea ???

Regards

Hari

hariharan vivek

Aug 4, 2008, 5:41:17 AM8/4/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
One more thing ....Some of them are coming from Cochin in September to Dusseldorf for Photography exhibition. My parents are trying to contact them thru friends .Hopefully we could get some more food items during september .

Regards

Hari

Suhas K S

Aug 4, 2008, 5:48:59 AM8/4/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
If u have already got some course books u can bring them along, but the lecturer's write-ups and the Reference books available in the library are more than enough

Regards

Suhas

a.ragh...@accenture.com

Aug 4, 2008, 6:37:32 AM8/4/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com

Hi Hari,

Since we are out of college for more than 2 yrs, I kind of forgot what are the subjects we had in the engineering and what are the books I need to carry with me Germany  J.

If you have such list in your mind please share with. I didn’t sell any of my engineering books, hopefully I can get some books.

Thanks

Raghavendra

Raghavendra A

Aug 15, 2008, 11:23:26 PM8/15/08
to rwthaug22
Hi,

I went to my Grand Mother house yesterday to get the below items.

1. Chutney Pudi (1/2 Kg)
2. Vangibath Pudi ( 1 Kg)
3. Puliyogre paste (1 Kg)

Along with these items I am getting 1Kg Vatepudi ( alternative for
tamarind), Karibevu leaf, ½ kg Dry coconut powder, Salt and Sugar
( around 200 gm each) and 1/2 Kg Ghee.

Please let me know if anyone is getting Coffee/Tea/Horlicks/Bournvita
powder ( 1-2 item is sufficient).

Hariharan has given me around 5.5kg of ready to eat food items.

1. Instant Idly Mix- 200gm * 4
2. Upma Mix- 200gm* 10
3. Shavige Mix - 500gm*5

I have spent Rs 3726 + Rs 5136 for the extra baggage.

Suhas,

Let can you let us know how much did u spend for pressure cooker, tava
pan etc. so that we can start sharing the amount.

Thanks,

Raghavendra
> > Raghavendra- Hide quoted text -

Suhas K S

Aug 16, 2008, 12:44:03 PM8/16/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
I had been to Mysore..so I am delayed in responding to your e-mails.

I shall be getting 1kg-Chutney pudi
                         1kg-Sambar Powder
                         1kg-Rasam powder.
                         1kg- Avalakki pudi for making Huli Avalakki.

Suhas

Raghavendra A

Aug 18, 2008, 8:46:28 AM8/18/08
to rwthaug22
Hi,

This is the break up of what Suhas and I had spent for the common
baggage

1. 32 Kg Bag - 3726
2. Extra Baggage booking - 5136
3. Pressure cooker and other utensils - 2100

Now the total cost is Rs.10962

Even one of us has to bear Rs. 2740 out of which Suhas has already
spent 2100 for cooker and other utensils.

Suhas, please give me Rs 640 at the Airport.

Hari, please transfer Rs 2740 to my ICICI Bank account

Name: Raghavendra Arunachala
Account Number: 005301526309
BRANCH: JAYANAGAR 3rd block, Bangalore

Mahesh, please give me Rs 2740 at the Airport.

Thanks

Raghavendra

On Aug 16, 9:44 pm, "Suhas K S" <suhas.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I had been to Mysore..so I am delayed in responding to your e-mails.
>
> I shall be getting 1kg-Chutney pudi
>                          1kg-Sambar Powder
>                          1kg-Rasam powder.
>                          1kg- Avalakki pudi for making Huli Avalakki.
>
> Suhas

Raghavendra A

Aug 18, 2008, 11:59:33 AM8/18/08
to rwthaug22
Hi,

Below are the details of the food items that we are carrying.....

Empty Bag weight - 4kg ( approx)

Pressure cooker tava pan etc.. - 4kg (approx)

Ready to eat food items from Hariharan - 5.5kg (approx)

Suhas is getting the below items

Rasam Pudi - 1kg
Huli Pudi - 1kg
Avalakki Pudi - 1kg
Chutney Pudi - 1kg

Total = 4kg

I am getting the below items

Dry Coconut powder - 600gm
Chutney Pudi - 650gm
Puliyogre paste - 2kg
Vangibath Pudi - 530gm
Wheat Rava and Arishina Pudi - 700 gm ( Wheat Rava approx 500gm)
Karibevu Leaf and Elakki - 100gm
Vatepudi - 1050gm
Kuttavalakki - 650 gm
Sugar and Salt - 500gm (including both)
Ghee - 500gm
Coffee, Tea , Horlicks etc.. - 1kg

Total = 8.3 Kg

Not sure how much Mahesh has given and how much he is getting extra.

As of now total weight is 25.8 Kg (excluding Mahesh's items), this
might reduce in actual as we need to carry atleast one ready to eat
food items in our cabin luggage just to accomodate in case of baggage
delay/loss.

I am planning to add Kuttavalakki to cabin baggage and one ready to
eat food item.

Mahesh,

As discussed earlier please get oggarne items. I have already added
Arishina pudi and Elakki pudi.

Thanks
Raghavendra

Suhas K S

Aug 19, 2008, 8:56:07 AM8/19/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I checked the bill and the total bill for utensils(cooker, kadai and tawa) came to Rs. 2383/- only.  I also spent 120 Rs on scraper, veg cutter board, knife and peeler. So total cost is Rs. 11365 and cost per person is Rs. 2840.

So the transfer shall work as follows

Suhas to Raghavendra Rs. 340/-
Mahesh and Hari to Raghavendra Rs. 2840/-

@Mahesh: The transaction charges for deposit transfer came to Rs 1300. So you can give me Rs. 650/- at the airport.

Regards

Suhas

hariharan vivek

Aug 19, 2008, 1:09:27 PM8/19/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Hello guys ,
Well I have spent 1700 rupees purchasing items like pickles , ready to eat stuff for our first week of stay out of which some of them I have already handed over to Raghavendra . The rest I am bringing with me . So kindly add the same to the list . So the total expense comes to 11365+1700 .

Thanks

Hari

hariharan vivek

Aug 19, 2008, 1:22:01 PM8/19/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Guys  ....

These are the things that I am bringing with me for our daily use . Many of the ready to eat items are already handed over to Raghavendra .

Ready to eat items -

Upma mix -2kg
Rice sevai -2.5 kg
Puliyogare powder - 3.6 kg
Rice idly mix -1.6 kg
Rasam mix- 600 gms

Rice -2kg
Dal -1kg
Rice flakes -1.5 kg
Pickles - 4kg  (variety of pickles ).
Plate for Idly
2 plates , 2 glasses , 2 ladles for rice
Sugar cubes - 1/2 kg
Coffee - 1 bottle

Regards

Hari

hariharan vivek

Aug 19, 2008, 1:33:52 PM8/19/08
to aug2...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys there is a confusion ....Please delete the 1700Rs expense from my side .Thats not part of the expenses for utensils .So the expense is 11,365 Rs only .

Raghavendra

I will transfer the amount  of 2840 Rs on Thursday as it is Bandh here tommorow .

Regards

Hari