Is there an option to cast AudioTool?

Larry Robinson

Feb 28, 2024, 9:03:09 AMFeb 28
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi Julian,

Thank you for this very useful program. I use my tablet, connected to my dac via a 10-foot usb-c to usb-b cable, to play pink noise/tones while measuring sound with a Dayton IMM-6 connected to my Pixel 6 Pro phone. Everything else played through my phone or tablet is streamed via WiiM Pro and that made me wonder if it was possible to add a cast option to the Analyser tab. I searched the discussions for 'cast' and came up empty so there may be little interest in this option. Anyhow, though far from a necessity, it would be a nice feature to have.

Larry

Julian Bunn

Feb 28, 2024, 12:49:18 PMFeb 28
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Larry,

What I do is to connect my Android phone over BlueTooth to my Topping E70 DAC, which is connected to my WiiM Amp and speakers. Then I can send AudioTool's generator tones to the amp/speakers, and measure the sound via my iMM-6 on the phone, all from the comfort of my couch - no cables required :-) Is this approximately what you are doing or wanting to do?

Julian

Larry Robinson

Feb 28, 2024, 1:36:44 PMFeb 28
to AudioTool Discussion Group
That was fast! And an excellent suggestion as well. I never use BT on my hifi so that never occurred to me. Just connected my WiiM to my Samsung tablet via BT and I now have all the AudioTool noise I could ever want. I'm using the same dac btw (but have BT disabled), so that is yet another wireless option. Thank you!

Larry

Julian Bunn

Feb 28, 2024, 1:50:43 PMFeb 28
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Excellent, Larry - glad to hear you have a working solution!

Julian