Samsung Galaxy A54 not recognizing mic

JC

Mar 19, 2024, 12:35:11 AMMar 19
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi all -

I have a Samsung Galaxy A54 and it doesn't seem to be recognizing the Dayton iMM-6C as an external mic.  I can verify by covering or tapping the other two internal mics and seeing the change in response.  The A54 has a main mic and a 'front' mic that is on top of the phone so AudioTool only allows me to switch between those.  Any ideas?  Or is this something that needs to be updated in the app?

Thanks

Julian Bunn

Mar 19, 2024, 12:42:23 AMMar 19
to AudioTool Discussion Group
The Dayton mic should be automatically selected if it is plugged in, but to be sure you should select the "Main" mic in the Menu options.

How are you sure it is not the active mic?

Julian

JC

Mar 19, 2024, 7:45:46 PMMar 19
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I get no change in SPL or frequency response when tapping on or covering the iMM-6C.  After some more testing, it does the same on my Chromebook and I don't have a choice in audio settings other than the internal mic.  I suppose it is possible that it is DOA, but I thought they were tested before going to to generate the calibration file.

Julian Bunn

Mar 19, 2024, 7:47:22 PMMar 19
to AudioTool Discussion Group
That is indeed odd ... I think it is worth contacting support at Dayton to see if they have any advice.

Julian