Audiotool target curve

Goes Boom

Jan 29, 2021, 5:02:44 PM1/29/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I am not able to upload a target curve .targ . I have changed file format from .txt to .targ and it says unable to read. I even tried to upload the audiotool curve you guys made says same thing. Only thing it does is show a flat red curve. Im on a galaxy A20 does this have anything to do with it? Any help is much appreciated.

Ps specific curve i want is the harman curve, hopefully you guys are still active with this app. Thank you

Julian Bunn

Jan 29, 2021, 5:57:39 PM1/29/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please send me the target curve you are trying to load, and I'll take a look.

Julian

On Fri, Jan 29, 2021 at 2:02 PM Goes Boom <xesar...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am not able to upload a target curve .targ . I have changed file format from .txt to .targ and it says unable to read. I even tried to upload the audiotool curve you guys made says same thing. Only thing it does is show a flat red curve. Im on a galaxy A20 does this have anything to do with it? Any help is much appreciated.

Ps specific curve i want is the harman curve, hopefully you guys are still active with this app. Thank you

Goes Boom

Jan 29, 2021, 6:07:30 PM1/29/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thankyou

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AudioTool Discussion Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/audiotool-discussion-group/CAAxkZQuPeB7thBVCJGosc1JLDj_t3w_kZE0zMnDSiT4BW1HTaQ%40mail.gmail.com.
Harman average target.targ

Julian Bunn

Jan 29, 2021, 7:31:36 PM1/29/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The format of the .targ Target files is described in the manual: https://sites.google.com/site/bofinit/audiotool#h.p_ID_1069

Basically, each row of the file should have a frequency and a level in dB. The frequency values are ISO 1/3 octave centres. For example:

AudioTool Target Curve Comment

20 60

25 60

31 60

40 60

50 60

63 60

80 60

100 60

... etc.

In your file there are several header lines, and then three values per frequency: freq, dB, phase. The dB values look like they are offsets from zero, rather than absolute levels. To convert this to an AudioTool target file will be a little work: remove all but one of the header lines, then remove all lines that have frequencies not in the ISO list, and for those remaining lines add a dB offset of, say, 60dB to the dB value, and remove the phase value.

Sorry it is not so easy to accommodate your file's format!

Julian

Goes Boom

Jan 29, 2021, 7:33:09 PM1/29/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Ok thank you for quick response it is much appreciated