Measuring signal question??

Richard Cote

Oct 25, 2021, 1:37:41 PM10/25/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Will this audio tool app measure line level signal as opposed to using a microphone? I want to check the signal of cars  my head unit for base roll off or any other weird eq changes as volume is changed? Will this app do this. I have all the necessary cables and adapters to connect from my line output converter to my Fire hd 10 tablet.

Julian Bunn

Oct 25, 2021, 1:52:35 PM10/25/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard,

I think it depends on whether the line signal appears on the mic input in the Android after making the connections. If it does, then AudioTool will treat it as a microphone measurement and everything should work.

Julian