how to delete the wav files recorded by AudioTool?

spectraphile

Jun 26, 2023, 10:52:51 PM6/26/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I made a short recording (named wavy1 in the screen cap).
Now I want to delete this wavy1.wav file, and I can see no way to do this.
I have a stock Pixel 6 Pro, Android 13.
I have tried searching for 'wavy1.wav' with the file manager app FX: not found.
Help!
how to delete the recording WAVY1.png

Julian Bunn

Jun 27, 2023, 1:05:48 AM6/27/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
This is not possible from within AudioTool itself ... you'll need to use a file manager/explorer app, and look in the AudioTool directory Android/data/com.julian.apps.AudioTool/files/AudioTool  and delete the file from there.

Hope this helps.
Julian

spectraphile

Jun 27, 2023, 11:49:28 AM6/27/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
As I wrote in my initial post, Android 13 does not allow access to the Android/data folder if you are not rooted.  I have tried the FX file manager app and as my screen cap shows, I can not get access to the AudioTool directory.  This is why AudioTool itself must provide a way to delete it's files, as no other app can do so.
So..... again: is there a way to delete AudioTool's own .wav files, if not rooted?
If not - you must update the app and put in a Delete button.
can not access Android data.png

spectraphile

Jun 29, 2023, 6:21:56 PM6/29/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group

Clearing the app's Storage files worked to delete my no-longer-wanted recorded .WAV file.  (Clearing just Cache did not.)
This  all-or-nothing approach is OK for me since I do not have any calibration files.
But I still want to know: has anyone here (running Android 13 and not rooted) recorded a .wav file, and then successfully deleted it?
If so: how and with what app?