Load RT60 files from the storage.

Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux

May 19, 2018, 10:46:51 AM5/19/18
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I took some RT60 reverberation measurements and store them. At that time I coud load them to analyse. Towo days lathe I tried to load them RT60 files again and it was not possible. Is presnte a mesage that Can not read from de storage. What is happening. I should reinstall de Audio Tool app?

Julian Bunn

May 19, 2018, 9:51:26 PM5/19/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guilherme,

The RT60 stored measurements cannot be loaded back into AudioTool - they are for analysis in a separate tool, e.g. Excel.

I hope this helps,

Julian

On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:46 AM, Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux <guie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I took some RT60 reverberation measurements and store them. At that time I coud load them to analyse. Towo days lathe I tried to load them RT60 files again and it was not possible. Is presnte a mesage that Can not read from de storage. What is happening. I should reinstall de Audio Tool app?

Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux

Julian Bunn

May 29, 2018, 12:15:24 PM5/29/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guilherme,

Sorry, I had forgotten that in fact I added a means of reading in a previously stored set of RT60 results. It's described here in the manual:

Is this the feature you were having difficulty with?

Julian

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux <guie...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for the answer. There is any Excel  routine that import the data from RT60 and present it as at the Audio3Tool? l
Em Sáb, 19 de mai de 2018 22:51, Julian Bunn <jjb...@gmail.com> escreveu:
Hi Guilherme,

The RT60 stored measurements cannot be loaded back into AudioTool - they are for analysis in a separate tool, e.g. Excel.

I hope this helps,

Julian
On Sat, May 19, 2018 at 7:46 AM, Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux <guie...@gmail.com> wrote:
I took some RT60 reverberation measurements and store them. At that time I coud load them to analyse. Towo days lathe I tried to load them RT60 files again and it was not possible. Is presnte a mesage that Can not read from de storage. What is happening. I should reinstall de Audio Tool app?

Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux

Jun 6, 2018, 4:03:28 PM6/6/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julian excuse-me , it is about this tópic on the manual-" You can also Load a previously Stored RT60 file, to compare measurements, using the Load button. The measurements from the file are then shown alongside your latest measurement in the RT60 table. The example below shows a table with a new measurement compared with that loaded from a previously stored "dull-room" RT60 file.

Sds
Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux
55 027 999 816 617- guie...@gmail.com

[...]

Julian Bunn

Jun 6, 2018, 6:36:32 PM6/6/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guilherme,

Yes, I understand. What is the problem you are having with that feature? If you make an RT60 measurement and then Store it, giving it a name, then if you press the Load button (while in RT60 mode) you should see the name of your stored file, which you can select.

Julian

Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux

Jun 7, 2018, 11:30:02 AM6/7/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
The question about that I was not able to load the files colected  on RT60  now is working    on the cell. What means  RTEarly=1,854s RT60(5-20)=2,062s
8000Hz: .

Sds
Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux
55 027 999 816 617- guie...@gmail.com

Julian Bunn

Jun 7, 2018, 12:18:17 PM6/7/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
RTEarly uses the initial SPL drop from the peak to compute RT60. The other RT60 measure is from just beneath the peak. The details are described in the online manual.

Julian

Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux

Jun 8, 2018, 11:09:42 AM6/8/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the answers. Another questions is how cam I read audiotools files from de cell directily on the Audiotool apk running on my PC by BlueStacks. Where is the Directory on the PC that are stored the measured files by AudioTools?

Sds
Guilherme Emanuel Costa Laux
55 027 999 816 617- guie...@gmail.com

Julian Bunn

Jun 8, 2018, 12:50:24 PM6/8/18
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
AudioTool works well on BlueStacks - thanks for mentioning it!

It's difficult to find the directory directly on the PC, as it's in a virtual disk image used by BlueStacks. Some more information here:

What I found helps is to first search for and download the "OI File Manager" app into BlueStacks:

In OI File Manager you will see the AudioTool directory:

Inside the directory will be any files you have created. In mine I have one "testing.at" file:

Click on the file you want to look at, and open it with HTML Viewer:

The viewer opens the file:

At this point you can select the whole file contents with Ctrl_A, copy them with Ctrl_C, and then paste into e.g. Notebook on your PC.

If you find a better way, which allows direct copy of the file itself between BlueStacks and the PC, please let us know.

Julian

Per Ove Husøy

Oct 11, 2023, 4:17:21 AM10/11/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi..
I have started using the AudioTool and made some test recordings for RT60 using ballooons as impulse.. The RT60 function seems to work fine, and gave a frequency vs duration table.. BUT... I would have liked to have the time samples of the RIR to use for subsequent simulations.. I have not been able to find these "raw signal" values anywhere.  Are they "gone" ?

Regards
Per Ove Husøy, Huddly.com

Julian Bunn

Oct 11, 2023, 12:51:39 PM10/11/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Per Ove,

Did you use the AudioTool built in recorder (shown via "Show Record/Play Buttons" in the Menu) to record the balloon pops? This can also be used to load an imported wav file from the AudioTool directory and then play it back to trigger a new RT60 measurement. You can export the wav files from the AudioTool directory.

Perhaps I have misunderstood the problem?

Julian