Can't load Dayton IMM6 .cal file

Kyle Garcia

Jun 30, 2021, 11:23:35 PM6/30/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I've read through other problems on here and I'm pretty sure the issue is the format of the downloaded calibration file.

In the below screenshot, my Dayton IMM6 calibration file is on the left, and one I found online, that worked for me, on the left. This leaves me to believe that it's the file formatting.
difference.jpg

The values don't seem to correlate so I'm also not sure how I'd be able to format it to get it working.

Any help would be much appreciated!

99-44193.txt

Kyle Garcia

Jun 30, 2021, 11:29:17 PM6/30/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Here are some more screenshots of me renaming the file, putting it in the app's folder and running it.
Screenshot_20210630-202530.png
Screenshot_20210630-202559.png
Screenshot_20210630-202553.png
Screenshot_20210630-202608.png

Julian Bunn

Jun 30, 2021, 11:52:17 PM6/30/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Oh dear, it looks like Dayton Audio have changed the format of their cal files, or there is a problem on their end. I downloaded your file from Support | Microphone Calibration Tool (daytonaudio.com) and it looks the same as your version ... the CALSOD Frequenzgang IMM-6 44193 lines suggest it's for a different purpose.

I'll try to get in touch with them: you might like to do the same?

Thanks,
Julian

Kyle Garcia

Jun 30, 2021, 11:53:16 PM6/30/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I just sent them an email and will let you know what I find.

Julian Bunn

Jun 30, 2021, 11:57:28 PM6/30/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Me too! Hopefully a double-pronged effort will give us some answers :-)

Julian

Julian Bunn

Jul 2, 2021, 11:28:55 AM7/2/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I've heard back from them: the corrected files will be uploaded to their website on Tuesday next week.

Julian