Amazon Apptore version

Oli Cooke

Oct 19, 2023, 2:10:05 PM10/19/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi

I have AudioTool installed from the Amazon Appstore, it is version 8.4.  Will latest version be uploaded there?

Many thanks

Oli

Julian Bunn

Oct 19, 2023, 3:05:38 PM10/19/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reminder, Oli! I need to update the Amazon version to the latest.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 19, 2023, 3:34:35 PM10/19/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Great stuff, thank you, I will keep a lookout.

Oli

Julian Bunn

Oct 19, 2023, 3:35:54 PM10/19/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I just submitted it ... it takes them a couple of days to approve, usually.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 21, 2023, 4:52:27 AM10/21/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group

Something a little odd...

Appstore now shows 8.6, thank you, which I installed.  However, version info in the AudioTool app reports 8.3.3.

Julian Bunn

Oct 21, 2023, 11:31:21 AM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
That is very odd … I will take a look.

Julian

Julian Bunn

Oct 21, 2023, 1:48:13 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I checked ... there never was an official v8.3.3, unless I sent you a private test version at some point?

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the Amazon AudioTool ... the version should show 8.6.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 21, 2023, 3:21:19 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I did already do that, but just tried again anyway  (and restarted the phone for good measure after uninstalling) - Audiotool app still shows 8.3.3 - screenshot attached.

Maybe it's a glitch on the pop-up?  Is there any other feature on the app that you would recognize as being 8.6?

Thanks

Oli

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AudioTool Discussion Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/audiotool-discussion-group/CAAxkZQun%3D84vOyPTWmdJQhbxe_Csf4UYBdFOCg45qBc6hbYmcg%40mail.gmail.com.
Screenshot_20231021-201036.png

Oli Cooke

Oct 21, 2023, 3:21:55 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
PS No, you never sent me a private test versio

Julian Bunn

Oct 21, 2023, 4:12:55 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
What an intriguing mystery!

The new feature in AudioTool 8.6 is the Menu option to "Import Cal File".

I'll re-check the Amazon console to make sure they have the latest version.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 21, 2023, 4:35:22 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Nearest I see is "Load cal", screenshot attached.

Screenshot_20231021-213207.png

Julian Bunn

Oct 21, 2023, 4:49:42 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I've submitted a ticket to Amazon ... somehow they have the wrong version, but I definitely uploaded 8.6.

I'll report back when I have an update.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 21, 2023, 6:02:07 PM10/21/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com

Oli Cooke

Oct 27, 2023, 6:11:03 AM10/27/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I cannot now find AudioTool on the Appstore!

Oli Cooke

Oct 27, 2023, 6:15:43 AM10/27/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Correction - it is not on the Appstore app, but it is on the browser store.

I note that the browser store it isn't listing my phone (Google Pixel 7 Pro) as a compatible device for the app, which might explain why I can't now see it in the Appstore app.  Is this really the case for the Pixel 7 Pro?

Julian Bunn

Oct 27, 2023, 1:22:00 PM10/27/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Oli. Ugh ... Amazon do not seem to have any Pixel phones in their supported devices lists. This is very strange to me, so I have submitted another ticket asking them if that is the case!

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 27, 2023, 1:43:17 PM10/27/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
There are plenty of other apps available to my phone on the Appstore app, but when looked on the browser page for the same apps, my phone is not available.  Are Google and Amazon squabbling again?!

Julian Bunn

Oct 27, 2023, 1:49:48 PM10/27/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
This may well be the case! I will let you know once I get a response from them. I basically asked if they are still supporting Google Pixel phones on their Appstore.

Julian

Oli Cooke

Oct 27, 2023, 1:51:53 PM10/27/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Here is the compatibility view for your app:

Clipboard01.jpg

Oli Cooke

Nov 3, 2023, 7:13:04 PM11/3/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Success! The Amazon Appstore has now updated me to 8.6!

Thank you for chasing this through, much appreciated.

Oli

Julian Bunn

Nov 3, 2023, 8:02:24 PM11/3/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com