Pixel 6 can't recognize .cal file

HiPerbowl

Aug 31, 2023, 12:47:25 PM8/31/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
... even with1/3 octave active.

Files > internal storage > AudioTool   has the 99-xxxx.cal file

???

Julian Bunn

Aug 31, 2023, 1:00:34 PM8/31/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Does AudioTool see the file, and show an error when loading it? If AudioTool cannot see the file, make 100% sure it ends with ".cal" (and not e.g. .cal.txt!)

Julian

Cqwet Dbdfte

Aug 31, 2023, 6:14:00 PM8/31/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com

Julian Bunn

Aug 31, 2023, 6:33:07 PM8/31/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
In the most recent version of AudioTool, the directory is located here:

Android/data/com.julian.apps.AudioTool/files/AudioTool

If you need to move/copy files into and out of this directory, I recommend the Android "Files" app:

Dario Casillo also reports success with the X-Plore File Manager app:

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "AudioTool Discussion Group" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/audiotool-discussion-group/CAMtNV6xa_1e4sD_uTNcwmBvp7ZUUghpSy6%3D9j18HVM8UfsRR4Q%40mail.gmail.com.

HiPerbowl

Aug 31, 2023, 8:34:58 PM8/31/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Aloha,

Pop-up says "No calibration (.cal) file found"

File is correctly named and formatted, no comma separated variables..

I can't find even Android/data/... with X-plore, or Google Files, even browsing thru the root folder with X-plore. No external memory card, just the internal Pixel 6's  256GB.
A "Search in Files"  can't find "julian", or "apps".

"Internal storage" has an "AudioTool" folder I did not generate. Maybe "Files" is hitting a sandbox?

Looks like the app is dumbed down to the Apple level.

  Android 13, Android Security update  Aug 5, 2023.

Maybe you have some developer mode enabled, which I do not?

Thanks
photo_2023-08-31_20-34-11.jpg

Julian Bunn

Aug 31, 2023, 8:50:40 PM8/31/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Other users have had success with the Xplore and Files app. If you can't see Android/data then that is strange.

If you ran an earlier version of AudioTool, that would explain the folder you see in Internal Storage. Google tightened up app file access restrictions in the latest OS versions, which meant I had to change the folder location, which has caused all sorts of headaches. I'm not sure what you mean by dumbed down to the Apple level?

I'm working on a better way to do this, which will be in the next version of AudioTool.

Sorry for the difficulties.

Julian

HiPerbowl

Sep 1, 2023, 12:22:37 AM9/1/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
...sorry, I meant Android is dumbing down the UI to the opaque Apple level.

Julian Bunn

Sep 1, 2023, 1:31:09 AM9/1/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Got it!

I am about to release AudioTool 8.6 which makes this cal file loading process hopefully simpler.

The manual already has been changed: take a look at the "Dayton Audio Calibration Files" section for a preview of how it will work:

I hope to start rolling this out in the next day or two.

Julian