addition/upgrade Sweep mode current frequency display

tmoo...@aol.com

Mar 17, 2024, 3:23:18 AMMar 17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com

I would like to see an addition/upgrade  to AudioTool.

On the Gener screen add the current frequency being generated in the Sweep mode. This way we can see the frequency being generated without having a microphone attached and switching to the Analyzer screen.

Julian Bunn

Mar 19, 2024, 12:38:24 AMMar 19
to AudioTool Discussion Group
The analyzer screen will show the current frequency regardless of if there is a microphone attached (if there isn't, then the response will be from the internal mic). I'm not sure I understand the need to see the value in the generator display?

Terry Moore

Mar 22, 2024, 1:22:07 PMMar 22
to AudioTool Discussion Group

When looking for an animals physical reaction to sound in a natural setting. Out door, or underwater. No need, at this time, to know the acoustics of the environment. Just looking for a reaction. Much faster to be able to see the current frequency.

Terry Moore

Mar 22, 2024, 1:22:20 PMMar 22
to AudioTool Discussion Group

When looking for an animals physical reaction to sound in a natural setting. Out door, or underwater. No need, at this time, to know the acoustics of the environment.

Julian Bunn

Mar 22, 2024, 1:25:41 PMMar 22
to AudioTool Discussion Group
What a fascinating application!

I looked into implementing this, and it would be non-trivial, I'm afraid. For the time being you will need to switch to the RTA screen as you scan frequencies. Also, bear in mind that there is some small latency between the issuance of the frequency and its value being displayed - less than a second.

It may be that you'd be better using a dedicated Signal Generator app that supports sweeps.

Julian

Terry Moore

Mar 23, 2024, 1:38:19 PMMar 23
to AudioTool Discussion Group