Noise logger

Craig W

Mar 31, 2021, 11:56:24 PM3/31/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group

Hi Jjb,

I have mentioned it before but another really useful feature to me (probably not to that many other people though) would be to implement a noise logger for recording average levels over preset periods of time  - say max 10 hours and dumpling it to excel.

Would possibly need to sort out phone permissions to allow it to run with the screen off as that would kill the battery - could dim the screen but this would probably still screen burn on my Amoled

Anyone else have any input on this?

Thanks,

Julian Bunn

Apr 1, 2021, 12:25:43 AM4/1/21
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
I think there's a related thread by Michael Graves about using AudioTool over long periods ... let me see if I can find it.

Yes, here it is: Long term use (google.com)

Julian

pa sk

Apr 1, 2021, 7:27:56 AM4/1/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group

Hello gentlemen!
cpw and Michael Graves talk about things I wanted to mention too, but been holding my horses wanting to be sure that the problem is not in my phone.
In short points:
1. AudioTool stops if sent to background
2. be able to lock the touchscreen would be a great feature
3. if "Allow Screen Rotate" is ON, then rotating the screen clears the measurements
4. a kind of autosave function for Leq measurements would be very helpful
5. Leq log file: having info (at every line) about weighting, det. time constant, mike, what-else,? would be nice

A lot of stuff but I wouldn't even mention a one if AudioTool wasn't such a valuable and useful tool!
(these are not all my thoughts about making AudioTool better)