Target Curve question

Prix03GT

May 18, 2022, 7:33:10 AM5/18/22
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Can the values in a target curve file include a decimal number, or must they be whole numbers?  I have a few curves I am trying to convert to work in AudioTools:  The Crutchfield Curve, the JBL Curve and the AudioFrog Curve.  Most of these are offsets from zero, either positive or negative numbers and many include decimal values as well.  I am converting them by adding or subtracting the number from 60, but I still get errors when trying to load.  I double checked that the frequency values are the same, so I can only assume it is the decimal values that are throwing the application off?

Bonus question, does anyone already have some Target curves they would be willing to share?

Thanks for your help!

Julian Bunn

May 18, 2022, 1:32:08 PM5/18/22
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Yes, the dB values in a target curve file are floating point. Each row in the file is a pair of values, dB, level, separated by a tab or space. The dB values are integers.

You can check the format by creating a target curve file via the Menu "Enter Target Curve", leave all the values at 60dB, then "Finish Target Curve" via Menu, then "Store Target Curve" giving a file name. Then you can find the file in your AudioTool directory and look at how it is formatted.

For example, the following file is created using the above. You could edit this file and replace the 60dB values with whatever (floating point) values you need.

AudioTool Target Level Data Saved Wed May 18 10:20:32 PDT 2022 for Device ONEPLUS A5000. Rows are Hz, dB Offset
20 60
25 60
31 60
40 60
50 60
63 60
80 60
100 60
125 60
160 60
200 60
250 60
315 60
400 60
500 60
630 60
800 60
1000 60
1250 60
1600 60
2000 60
2500 60
3150 60
4000 60
5000 60
6300 60
8000 60
10000 60
12500 60
16000 60
20000 60

Terrell Jones

May 21, 2022, 12:30:10 AM5/21/22
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Did you figure this out? Every month or so I come back hoping that someone has posted the audiofrog, JBL or any curve at all at this point! lol because i have had a really hard time trying to figure out how to convert this correctly

Jonathan Rice

May 21, 2022, 5:29:46 AM5/21/22
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
This is what I came up with for the JBL curve.   I have yet to try tuning using this.

20 69

25 69

31 69

40 69