Cal files don't seem to take effect

Robert Zunner

Aug 24, 2023, 9:14:00 AM8/24/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi,

   First off, than you Neil for such a GREAT app.  but...
I'm using version 5.8.2 and can load iMM-6 cal files, the names of which are displayed under the spectrum.  I have two cal files which are offset by 10 db.  When I switch from one file to the other, the SPL and spectrum levels don't change.  Any idea what's going on?  Is there a setting I need to change?

Thanks
Bob

Julian Bunn

Aug 24, 2023, 10:47:25 AM8/24/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bob,

Not sure what the problem is. Can you show us the two .cal files?

Julian

Robert Zunner

Aug 24, 2023, 12:21:28 PM8/24/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Attached (I hope) are the two files.
DaytonAudio-iMM-6-99-43174.cal
DaytonAudio-iMM-6-99-43174 plus 10.cal

Julian Bunn

Aug 24, 2023, 12:40:57 PM8/24/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
The format of the +10 file is not correct. The standard iMM-6 cal file looks like this:

*1000Hz -40.3
20.00 1.5
20.55 1.4
21.11 1.3
21.69 1.2

etc.

whereas your +10 file looks like this:

*1000Hz,-40.3
,
20,11.5
20.55,11.4
21.11,11.3
21.69,11.2

So I think all you need to do is replaced the commas by tabs in your +10 file. Let me know if you still see a discrepancy.

Julian

Robert Zunner

Aug 24, 2023, 1:55:13 PM8/24/23
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Sorry to bother you with such a trivial problem. I can't believe I missed all the commas.  Things are working now.  Keep up the great work!

Julian Bunn

Aug 24, 2023, 3:58:04 PM8/24/23
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
No problem - not trivial at all!