Can't load dayton imm6 cal file

rheiner...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2015, 6:49:48 PM9/21/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I'm following the instructions in the FAQ. So i set it to 1/3 octave selected, when i tap load, nothing happens.

Help pls. Thanks!

Julian Bunn

Sep 21, 2015, 7:12:24 PM9/21/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com

In the Menu select Load Calibration ... let me know if you still have problems.

Julian

On Sep 21, 2015 3:49 PM, <rheiner...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm following the instructions in the FAQ. So i set it to 1/3 octave selected, when i tap load, nothing happens.

Help pls. Thanks!

rheiner...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2015, 8:43:54 PM9/21/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Got it. Thanks a lot!

kylem...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 6:56:31 PM9/22/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group, rheiner...@gmail.com
I also have a problem loading the calibration file for the iMM6. I have the .cal file in my documents folder on my LG G3, I changed the file type from txt to .cal and tapped load cal and the prompt said "No Calibration (.cal) file found!"
Does the cal file need to be in a different location?

rheiner...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 7:27:04 PM9/22/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group, rheiner...@gmail.com, kylem...@gmail.com
put the cal file in SDCARD\Audiotool directory not in My Documents.

kylem...@gmail.com

Sep 22, 2015, 9:35:42 PM9/22/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group, rheiner...@gmail.com, kylem...@gmail.com
I found another post elsewhere that said to create a folder first by saving a sample so that there already an Audiotools folder to save the calibration file to. That was the problem. It had nowhere to go and doesn't create it's own folder.

Julian Bunn

Sep 22, 2015, 10:06:27 PM9/22/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
That used to be the case, but in recent versions of AudioTool, the directory is created on startup, if it doesn't exist. (So, if AudioTool has never run, then the directory won't be there.)

At least that's what I *thought* I'd coded :-)

Julian

bkan...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2015, 11:10:22 AM10/17/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
My android devices do not have SD Cards. They only have internal memory. What are my options? I can possible use a wireless hard drive if you can talk me through it.

Myles Dexter

Oct 17, 2015, 12:06:59 PM10/17/15
to Audio Tool Discussion Group

Download it directly on your device from the dayton audio Web site, and then move the .txt file to your audiotool folder.  Be sure to change the file extension to .cal. I just did this on my galaxy s5, and it worked just fine.

- Myles

On Oct 17, 2015 11:10 AM, <bkan...@gmail.com> wrote:
My android devices do not have SD Cards. They only have internal memory. What are my options? I can possible use a wireless hard drive if you can talk me through it.

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 10, 2015, 3:52:35 AM11/10/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group, rheiner...@gmail.com
Android ver:  5.1.1
Phone:          Samsung SM-G360V

i just downloaded your AudioTool to use with the iMM-6. i started AudioTool, it then created the dir, i copied the cal file to that dir.

when i press [LOAD] all that appears on my screen is <CANCEL> and <CLEAR>

i guess i should ask now, is AudioTool loading the cal file automatically when i press [LOAD] ?

Julian Bunn

Nov 10, 2015, 12:57:45 PM11/10/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
You need to load the cal file via the Menu - please see:

and let me know if you still have problems. (To get to the Menu, you may need a long press on
the Recent Apps button on your phone.)

Julian

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2015, 2:55:33 AM11/11/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
thanks for your reply. i went to the link you provided.

in the calibration section of that page they write, "In either case, to calibrate you will select "Calibrate" from the Menu. "

i don't see a [Calibrate] menu item to select. i set one menu item to [1/3 Octave], tapped & pressed about every item on my screen and no calibration screen pops up like displayed on that Dayton web help page.

probably user error such as my eyes and fingers, but i can't seem to get that "Calibrate" screen to display, not yet anyways. ;-)

Julian Bunn

Nov 11, 2015, 11:09:44 AM11/11/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
After you have set 1/3 Octave in the Menu (which you have done), go back in to the Menu and select Load Cal ... That will allow you to load your cal file.

Julian
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to audiotool-discussio...@googlegroups.com.

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 12:57:31 AM11/13/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
sorry but i can't figure it out.

using "es file explorer" i can see in the AudioTool dir  and the imm-6 file, 99-11592.cal file,  i put there.   i also see the "spectrum.at" file there that AudioTool created and "test.rt60" file that i had AudioTool save there.

yet  when i press [Load] after i setting [ 1/3 Octave ], the only file AudioTool displays after pressing [Load] is the "spectrum.at" file and the two options, <CANCEL> and <CLEAR>. no 99-11592.cal file or any message that just maybe it got loaded or not.

anyone else using a Samsung Galaxy Core,  Model SM-G360V, ,Android ver 5.1.1 and AudioTool  ?

Julian Bunn

Nov 13, 2015, 1:14:26 AM11/13/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Don't use the Load button on the main screen (which is for .at files), but instead enter the Menu again, where you will see an option "Load Cal" - that's what you want.

Julian

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 1:27:28 AM11/13/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
i'm going to sound really dense now, but what "menu again"?

Julian Bunn

Nov 13, 2015, 2:23:59 AM11/13/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
You need to bring up the AudioTool Menu. The Menu is where all the calibration options are.

Are you able to see the Menu?

It should look something like this:

Julian

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 2:36:39 AM11/13/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
no i don't see that at all
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to audiotool-discussion-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Julian Bunn

Nov 13, 2015, 3:10:28 AM11/13/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com

Try a long press on the phone's "recent apps" button.

sn3pc...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 10:14:15 PM11/13/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group

didn't help, except to close some apps.

could this be a android ver 5.1.1 issue and your app?

Julian Bunn

Nov 13, 2015, 10:47:15 PM11/13/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
This is very puzzling.

You tried a long press on Recent Apps Recent key button to view the Menu options ... from the manual for your device, here:

??

Message has been deleted

Julian Bunn

Nov 17, 2015, 1:30:48 AM11/17/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
The latest release has a dedicated on-screen Menu button, so please use that.

Julian

On Sun, Nov 15, 2015 at 10:03 AM, <sn3pc...@gmail.com> wrote:
yep, tried that. yet, still no menu opts for calibrating
Message has been deleted

dhirdiy...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2015, 11:04:21 AM11/21/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
i cant use the calibration file from UMIK-1, the application said " cant read from SD card ", what must i do ?

dhirdiy...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2015, 11:05:53 AM11/21/15
to AudioTool Discussion Group
what should i do if the application said " cant read from SD card " ? i want to use the calibration file from UMIK-1

Julian Bunn

Nov 21, 2015, 2:09:31 PM11/21/15
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Which version of AudioTool are you using?

Have you found the AudioTool directory on your phone - and are there any files in it? Are you able to use the "Store" button to save a spectrum file? Do you see your cal file for the UMIK when you use the "Load Cal" option in the Menu?

Julian

On Sat, Nov 21, 2015 at 8:05 AM, <dhirdiy...@gmail.com> wrote:
what should i do if the application said " cant read from SD card " ? i want to use the calibration file from UMIK-1

dpl...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2017, 10:35:26 PM2/1/17
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Hi,

I am a new user of Audiotool and just received the imm-6.  I dowloaded and saved the my calibration file *sn*.cal in the Audiotool directory, which is located on my internal phone memory and not my sdcard.  I saved a spectrum file *.at as suggested above and it was saved in that directory.

My issue is I can't see "Load Cal" in the Menu (in Green highlight, between Load and RT60 (Red highlight), or expending it further under More.

I apologies if I missed a message on the forum answering this but is "Load Cal" still present in version 7.3?
If it is not present, is it a change in functionality and now any IMM6 *sn*.cal file present in the Audiotool root directory is automatically loaded?
Is there a property/setting menu to check the current calibration file in use (and to help trouble shoot)?

On a different not I got an extension cord for the microphone to separate from phone and add flexibility in placement during measurements.

Again, my apologies if I missed already posted answers.

Thank you and looking forward to start testing the mic and  app combo.

DL
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to audiotool-discussion-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Julian Bunn

Feb 1, 2017, 11:36:05 PM2/1/17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Hi DL,

Make sure you select "1/3 Octave Cal" in the Menu ... once that is done, the "Load Cal" Menu option should be there ... let me know if you still have problems with it.

Julian

dpl...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2017, 1:58:34 AM2/2/17
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Thank you for the quick reply Julian.
  Yes I did select "1/3 Octave Cal".   The Calibrate on the main display is the global offset, which I'll make use with a type 2 SPL meter by 3M I can borrow.  The Menu and Sub-menus under More do not show the "Load Cal".  Maybe a screen shot will help confirm that I and others are looking in the right place on the list.  Also, is Local Cal showing up even if the IMM-6 is not plugged in?  I did run the app and without the mic (and also change the selected mic) and didn't notice a difference.

For reference my phone isa  Samsung S7edge (OS: Android 6.0.1)

DL
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to audiotool-discussion-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Julian Bunn

Feb 2, 2017, 10:32:23 AM2/2/17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
If you tap on the "Menu" button, then a list of menu options should appear. One of those should be labeled "Load Cal". If you don't see that option, do you see "Use 1/3 Octave Cal"?

Julian

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/audiotool-discussion-group.

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Julian Bunn

Feb 2, 2017, 1:04:47 PM2/2/17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
What you see should be something like this, if you are in the correct mode:

Inline image 1

The "Load Cal" option is what you will use to load your iMM-6 file.

Donat-Pierre Luigi

Feb 2, 2017, 1:37:30 PM2/2/17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for clarifying.  Your picture pointed me in the right direction.  See the screenshot below "Load cal" is not showing and the first two items out of six are in common when "Use 1/3 Octave Calibration".  Then following your settings, if you select/toggle the calibration type to Use Single Octave Calibration", it does show the Load Cal item and the Set cal. Offset.

I understand that the confusion was I selected Use 1/3 Calibration as instructed to load the IMM-6 calibration file and expected to then show the related Load Cal option.

So if "Use 1/3 calibration" is showing does it mean the active mode is "1/3 Octave Calibration" or this indicates that you can toggle to "1/3 Calibration" (i.e. currently in Single Calibration)?

Again, it was a rookie oversight and it was there all along.

Thank you again for your help and patience.
DL

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Screenshot_20170202-111316.png
Screenshot_20170202-112754.png

Julian Bunn

Feb 2, 2017, 1:51:04 PM2/2/17
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
OK, looks like you are on the right track! I admit it can be confusing! When the Menu button says "Use 1/3 Octave Cal" it means that if you tap that button, AudioTool will start to use the 1/3 octave cal method. Then, when you go back into the Menu (as in your second screenshot), the "Load Cal" button is present - if you press that button, then you will get a file chooser where you can select your iMM-6 cal file.

Julian

randy....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2020, 11:49:24 AM2/24/20
to AudioTool Discussion Group
Should I get a confirmation or anything after loading the file?

Julian Bunn

Feb 24, 2020, 12:49:48 PM2/24/20
to audiotool-dis...@googlegroups.com
Yes, in the Mic display you should see "C=xxxxx" where xxxxx is the name of the just loaded file.

(In the next release of AudioTool this C= value will persist to always show the latest loaded cal file.)

Julian

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 8:49 AM <randy....@gmail.com> wrote:
Should I get a confirmation or anything after loading the file?

Craig Wem

Mar 7, 2021, 12:54:59 AM3/7/21
to AudioTool Discussion Group
I just downloaded this program today and was a bit miffed as to why I could not load the the Dayton mic calibration data  - after a couple of minutes I figured that just renaming the file to (XXXX.cal) does not change the file type - windows still likes to stick TXT on the end (XXXXXX.cal.txt)  so the easiest solution was to open the file and SAVE AS and at the bottom of the dialog box where it says TXT - change that to ALL FILES and SAVE.

Hopefully this might help someone else if they cant figure it out in a couple of minutes - or perhaps everyone isn't that dumb?