Is it possible to add samples to a .json file?

Agustin Spinetto

Dec 3, 2019, 10:53:52 AM12/3/19
to AudioStellar
I like the samples that I've been working but I want to add others, is that possible?

Leandro Garber

Dec 3, 2019, 11:18:00 AM12/3/19
to Agustin Spinetto, AudioStellar
what if you just add the samples to the folder and re process it ?

El mar., 3 dic. 2019 a las 12:53, Agustin Spinetto (<chicosric...@gmail.com>) escribió:
I like the samples that I've been working but I want to add others, is that possible?

Tomás Ciccola

Dec 3, 2019, 1:17:16 PM12/3/19
to Leandro Garber, Agustin Spinetto, AudioStellar
If you re process it,a new json will be generated; so things you save (sequences, midi mapping, etc.) will be absent in the new json. BUT, you can manually grab those saved settings (sound positions, midi mappings, sequences) inside the json and copy them to the newly generated json. You'll have to be really careful to respect the syntax 'cause if not it will not work...

agustín Spinetto

Dec 3, 2019, 10:17:51 PM12/3/19
to Tomás Ciccola, Leandro Garber, AudioStellar
ok. thanks. I don't know if i will do that, maybe i will try to continue my work without taking those steps and see if i get good results.
Anyway, my point is: I use every .json file as a new "session" for each song. So, when I work with one session I previously think on what I want (what type of sounds, dynamics etc.) but within this workflow it is totally reasonable to, after working some time, add some samples that I could not anticipate previously that I will need.
In terms of dynamics, i change the volume of 1 sound fil and when I opened the session again, the volume was corrected and the position was the same. Perfect.

btw: The other day i posted an instagram story with #audiostellar did you saw it?

--
Agustín J. Spinetto
Master’s Student at Tokyo University of the Arts - Graduate School of Music

Leandro Garber

Dec 4, 2019, 11:01:41 AM12/4/19
to agustín Spinetto, Tomás Ciccola, AudioStellar
haa

no, I'm following #audiostellar just now

what you are asking is not so easy using t-sne. we are probably moving towards UMAP instead of t-sne, early experiments show promising results.