Downloading and using videos for retraining?

Alexander Christian Wolff

Aug 19, 2021, 10:02:25 AM8/19/21
to audioset-users
Hi probably a stupid question, since I am new in the Data Science game: I use the CSV lists that you provided for retraining the YAMNET model on more simpler categories (just "Music" or "Not Music"). Is it legally ok, to download parts  of the videos from the list, extract the audio sequences and use them for retraining? My coworkers were a little concerned that we break some kind of YouTube law with this.

Best regards,
Alexander

Michael Mortenson

Nov 7, 2022, 7:36:09 PM11/7/22
to audioset-users
I would also like to know the answer to this question. I wish there were a way to upvote it.

Dan Ellis

Nov 11, 2022, 2:48:52 PM11/11/22
to audioset-users
Unfortunately, the audio associated with AudioSet is not available. As I understand it, downloading and storing of content is not allowable under YouTube's terms of service.

  DAn.