unable to take measurements in WASAPI mode with my new UMIK-1 usb microphone

Jack Tol

Jan 10, 2021, 6:53:05 PM1/10/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Hello,

until recently I was using a USB powered microphone from XTZ. I had no problems taking measurements in WASAPI mode until suddenly I was unable to. The only way I could take measurements was in NME mode and I noticed that every measurement showed different delays. I use JRIVER as my music playback software and it has no problem being connected via WASAPI to the ONKYO. This made me think that the microphone was the culprit and I ordered the UMIK-1 as a replacement. However, the problem is exactly the same, not being able to take measurements in WASAPI mode.

I use a media computer that is connected via HDMI to my Onkyo Processor. The Onkyo nor UMIK-1 do not have an ASIO option, only WASAPI.

At the bottom of the Measurement menu it states that Format and device combination is not supported. only when I enable NME mode will it work.

What am I doing wrong? This problem is the same in version 6.7 and 6.13 of Audiolense.
In the sound settings of windows 10 I have made sure to set the ONKYO HDMI connection to 5.1 and the same sample frequency and bit depth as the UMIK-1. All devices are indicated to work properly.

Anybody else had this problem before? If so, what was your solution?

Thanks for reading.

Jack

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Jan 11, 2021, 4:48:04 PM1/11/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Have you checked that Audiolense is allowed by window to use the microphone input?

Search microphone privacy settings from the program menu…

Mvh,

Bernt

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

Jack Tol

Jan 12, 2021, 8:51:37 AM1/12/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Bernt,

Audiolense does not show up as an app/program requiring permission to use the mic.

Based on what I saw it is considered a desktop app and doesn't require permission.

Regards,

Jack