Filter Generation Error - Audio Lense XO version 6.13

ChrisF1

Jan 3, 2021, 3:15:01 PM1/3/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Hello,

For some reason now all of a sudden I am unable to generate any Correction Filters. Each time I click Generate Filter button I see the progress bar at the bottom of the Application Window start moving towards 90% complete stage and then it pukes out the bellow error..over and over and over again...Grrrr

"Filter Generation Error....Please report this error if it occurs several times"
Indeed it has occurred more than several times...more like every time now out of the blue!

Not sure what the deal is but multiple reboots do not solve the issue and I see zero info reported in Windows Event Log or any log anywhere for that matter.

Any ideas?

Computer is Windows 10 Pro
16gb RAM
Intel i7 Proc
Plenty of resources available

ChrisF1

Jan 3, 2021, 3:26:42 PM1/3/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Well now I see that version 6.7 is available from the main JuiceHiFi home page via a link on the right hand side of the screen. Not sure why its not shown or available in the "Downloads" page but I'll give that a try and see if the error goes away.

ChrisF1

Jan 3, 2021, 5:32:43 PM1/3/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Welp..it worked again for about an hour after installing version 6.7 but the issue has reappeared again.

Any help or ideas on this error would be appreciated as right now the program is unusable. I cant understand why it works for a stretch then once the error happens one time the program resorts to being a paperweight, even after rebooting

Omid Mostachfi

Jan 3, 2021, 6:23:46 PM1/3/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Try starting AL with a new speaker setup, rather than reopening an existing file. See if that helps.
Ps we should start migrating these conversations to avnirvana.

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Jan 3, 2021, 6:59:29 PM1/3/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Have you checked if windows defender has something to do with it? Sometimes – out of the blue – defender blocks the write access.

Mvh,

Bernt

ChrisF1

Jan 3, 2021, 7:58:39 PM1/3/21
to Audiolense User Forum
Hello Bernt,

I believe I found the issue. Its a strange one.

Basically what appears to be happening is that within "Correction Procedure Designer" it looks like when ever you try and use values that are smaller than 1/4 values for the "Cycles before & after peak" field (ie..1.35,1.55, 1.110, 1.45...etc...etc) it causes the filter creation process to bomb out right around the 90% completion marker.

So as another example, if I use values like 1.50, 1.25, 1.75, 1, 2....etc the filter creation button works seemingly every time but it doesn't like those smaller than 1/4 values apparently. It does allow you to enter them clearly but it just bombs out with a rather unhelpful message that gives no clue as to why it bombed it. Maybe having a self check within those fields in a future release that pops up a message about a value it can't digest would be a nice addition.

I'm pretty sure this is why it was crapping out after a few hours of trial and error despite the strangeness of it all...Thanks

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Jan 3, 2021, 11:36:15 PM1/3/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com

When I try something similar here it works all right.

Like this:

Could you send me a case where this happens? Measurement together with the exact values you were using? And the target file included.

image001.png

Chris Forgione

Jan 5, 2021, 12:53:51 PM1/5/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bernt, I will send you the requested info sometime this week as I will need to dig into it a bit more to try and better understand the various scenarios where it happens. From my end it does appear tied to the configuration of the Correction Procedure Designer settings in some way. Just yesterday it happened multiple times again but only after creating a new correction procedure, with the exact same settings, did the error go away long enough for me to complete my task.

Anyway, I'll send you some info once I have a bit more time. Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Audiolense User Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/audiolense/052a01d6e253%2420c6a2e0%246253e8a0%24%40lyse.net.

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Jan 5, 2021, 1:32:24 PM1/5/21
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Appreciate it, Chris.

You may have hit  into a bug here that rarely surfaces. Every time I eliminate one of those, the software gets better. Of course I put a few new ones in whenever I do big changes. The circle of programming… J

Mvh,

Bernt

image001.png