Audiolense Convolver 1.0 - how to get YoutTube and Netflix etc to work

DRCuser

Dec 12, 2020, 7:41:17 PM12/12/20
to Audiolense User Forum

Hi Bernt,

How do I get YouTube/Netflix to work with Audiolense Convolver to work.

Does the Convolver only provide an ASIO "input" ?

Convolver doesn't provide  WDM "input", to easily just pick the Audiolense Convolver soundcard on Windows to send all audio to Audiolense Convolver?

Many thanks

DRCuser

Dec 12, 2020, 8:30:35 PM12/12/20
to Audiolense User Forum
Hi Bernt

OK i have Virtual HiFi Cable "ASIO Bridge" working

In Audiolense Convolver I have buffer latency 6.2 ms, which seems OK.

But Filter Latency = 2000 ms

How to get this filter latency down?

2 seconds latency is causing issues with sound/picture lip sync

DRCuser

Dec 12, 2020, 8:32:34 PM12/12/20
to Audiolense User Forum
I already have "Convolver latency" set to 0 ms

But it's showing "Filter latency" = 2000 ms and don't see where to change this?

DRCuser

Dec 12, 2020, 8:44:02 PM12/12/20
to Audiolense User Forum
I tried 'Minimum delay XO' where taps are limited to ~32k taps , with minimum phase crossover.

I still get 'filter latency' = 1900 ms

DRCuser

Dec 12, 2020, 8:55:10 PM12/12/20
to Audiolense User Forum
With 6k taps and 'Frequency Domain correction' and min phase XO's selected, it's down to 1300 ms filter latency.

Can you help with guide on how to get overall total latency down to 10 ms

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Dec 13, 2020, 10:58:45 AM12/13/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Yes, the convolver only supports ASIO streaming for the time being, so you have to put something between. JRiver and AsioBridge both work fine here.

It is in the plans to provide support for “native” windows streaming. Hopefully some time next year.

Mvh,

Bernt

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Dec 13, 2020, 11:00:52 AM12/13/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

You get the lowest latency by applying a pure frequency correction combined with minimum delay crossovers. It will be fast enough to satisfactory lip sync. You may be able to apply a short time domain correction, but that isn’t something I have tested myself. The frequency correction works pretty well.

Mvh,

Bernt

Dec 13, 2020, 11:03:02 AM12/13/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

That should normally do it.

This is either a bug or you are using  a linear phase target. If it’s the former I’ll gladly take a look at your case if you send me the measurement.

Mvh,

Bernt

With 6k taps and 'Frequency Domain correction' and min phase XO's selected, it's down to 1300 ms filter latency.

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

DRCuser

Dec 28, 2020, 12:43:56 AM12/28/20
to Audiolense User Forum
Hi Bernt!

Good news, I got the latency down to 6 ms and now I don't notice lip sync.

And that's still with 65k taps.

When you said "pure frequency correction combined with minimum delay crossover" how do you combine them, since those are 2 of the 3 options we can choose from, with the 3rd being the default 'True Time Domain Correction'.

Do you mean choose 'pure frequency correction' and tick the box 'minimum phase crossover' ?

Thanks and wishing you a Merry Christmas

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Dec 28, 2020, 12:57:59 AM12/28/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Minimum delay crossovers refers to the option “minimum phase crossovers” in the filter designer. This option is only visible and eligible if your setup in Audiolense has crossovers. In addition, there’s a predefined minimum delay correction filter that combines minimum phase crossovers and minimum phase correction.

DRCuser

Dec 28, 2020, 1:05:26 AM12/28/20
to Audiolense User Forum
Thanks ! I do have crossovers. I think I checked the right boxes to end up with total latency 6 ms.

Sounds great !

I might be able to get latency down with fewer than 65k taps? But even at the moment I don't noticed anything.

I have to test with my digital piano, what latency is like when I smash a key :-)

If it really is 6ms then it should work well as a test.

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Dec 28, 2020, 1:25:55 AM12/28/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

When you use the Audiolense convolver, the latency will not be influenced by filter length.

When streaming video material from the pc there will often be video delay. It happens that I have to set the audio latency as high as 80 ms, but it seems to vary a lot. So I find the quick latency adjustment in the convolver very useful. And I have learned that our lipsync sensitivity isn’t really that high. The audio can probably be 20-30 ms early or 40 ms late without appearing to be out of sync.