Additional source

Jiri_Ch

Dec 17, 2020, 2:47:31 AM12/17/20
to Audiolense User Forum
Hi To all
I'm sorry to post perhaps silly question but here it is anyway
I do have 3 way AL setup in place using PC audio HD files using mainly Wave file 44/48/16/24 and it is working well  - very happy
Now I do have a lot of DVD and Blue ray discs which I would like to play with AL Filter in place.
Mine PS does not have any Disc/Blu ray driver so I was wondering if I buy external DVD/Blu-ray unit then run it through JRiver with AL filter is it going to work?
Any info appreciated

Jiri_Ch

Dec 17, 2020, 2:54:11 AM12/17/20
to Audiolense User Forum
sorry I meant not   does not have any Disc/Blu ray drive

Bernt Rønningsbakk

Dec 17, 2020, 8:19:26 AM12/17/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

I think you can open it and store it on your PC.

With a BD drive and Redfox.

https://www.redfox.bz/en/

And then play it with jriver or whatever.

I did a lot of this in the past, mostly with DVD. And it worked pretty well.

Mvh,

Bernt

Audiolense User Forum.
http://groups.google.com/group/audiolense?hl=en?hl=en

Mitch Barnett

Dec 17, 2020, 12:29:42 PM12/17/20
to audio...@googlegroups.com

Agree with Bernt. I can play DVD’s with JRiver with long convolution AL filters 131,072 taps in a triamp scenario on an older computer no problem. Blu-rays are a different story and Bernt has provided an answer. There is an alternative which I use for ripping Blu-ray: https://www.makemkv.com/ The file sizes can be large. I use for both DVD and Blu-ray to bypass menus, commercial and such.

Good luck!

Jiri_Ch

Dec 17, 2020, 4:37:10 PM12/17/20
to Audiolense User Forum