Blue Yeti revisited.

Ricardo Walker

Sep 9, 2011, 2:42:55 PM9/9/11
to Audio Buffs
Hi folks,

I just pulled the trigger and picked up the blue yeti from Amazon for $90. At that price, I think its a steal. Anyway, I was torn between the Yeti and its updated version, the Yeti Pro. I just wasn't liking the reviews I was reading for it. At least at that price point. I should be getting it on Monday so I'll report my findings.

Sent from my iPhone

Monkey Pusher

Sep 9, 2011, 2:59:15 PM9/9/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Really, I was thinking of picking up the yetti pro, cuz as i
understand it it was the Yetti with the ability to do usb or a XLR
connection, Is there more of a difference than that?

> --
> Note:
> Update the subject line before replying
> To manage your membership, visit this page:
> http://groups.google.com/group/audiobuffs?hl=en

Ricardo Walker

Sep 9, 2011, 3:32:22 PM9/9/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

From what I've read, the construction might not be up to par of thatof the yeti. IDK, I take that with a grain of salt. Blue usually has very nicely built products in my opinion. It also supports 192 kHz/24 bit.

Ricardo Walker
rwalk...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

Monkey Pusher

Sep 9, 2011, 4:53:06 PM9/9/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Definately would get the pro then, but i am not in need of another mic
nor a usb mic hence my delay, but will probably add a blue mic to my
collection at some point. Is the original Yetti only 16 bit 44.1?

Darcy Burnard

Sep 9, 2011, 8:56:58 PM9/9/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I actually just got the Blue Yeti myself. I haven't done a lot with it yet, but so far I'm quite happy with it.
Note that you can get a pdf of the manual from the Blue web site. This is worth doing because the manual explains the various modes on the Mic.
I don't have the url for the manual, but I believe I got it by googling Blue Yeti manual.
Darcy

Ricardo Walker

Sep 9, 2011, 11:22:43 PM9/9/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Ah!

Thanks for this. I will give it a look before it comes in the mail.

Ricardo Walker
rwalk...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org