Introduction

Ricardo Walker

Aug 14, 2011, 4:42:55 AM8/14/11
to Audio Buffs
Just posting again incase it didn't get through the first time.

Hi,

My name is Ricardo, and I've been messing around with audio production for about 4 years now. I'm a novice really. Its a hobby I make the occasional dime off of. :). I use Garageband to get most of my stuff done. I also have a bit of hardware. I have a Roland Juno G workstation. I've done some audio tutorials "Getting Started In Garageband With Voiceover". You can find them at www.mobilaccess.org and just do a search for garageband.

I hope to learn some new tips and tricks, as well as pass along what I know.

Thanks.

Ricardo Walker
rwalk...@gmail.com
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org

Sharon Hooley

Aug 14, 2011, 11:08:07 AM8/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

My name is Sharon Hooley. I am a musician and used to play around
with making character voices and layering them and mine, using mostly
tape recorders. Though it's been a long time, I might decide to
reawaken this hobby. Right now I'm transferring my tapes into MP3
files so I can get rid of the many cassettes I've had. I hope I can
help and learn from this group.

Thank you for creating this list!

Sharon

Carlos Palomino

Aug 14, 2011, 11:15:41 AM8/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
That is awesome!  I'm actually doing the same task, in digitizing many old cassettes.

I have a rather basic setup, as I'm using a cheap tape player (which was very difficult to locate on Amazon, BTW), that is connected to my Mac via a stereo cable, to the line-in port.
This process is slow, but I've given up being nitpicky about the quality.  I just wan these on my hard drive already.  :)

C.

Learn more: www.Palomino.co/

--
Note: