Where do you prefer to buy Microphones for Recording?

Sharon Hooley

Sep 14, 2011, 5:02:06 PM9/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I went to Guitar Center and found an sM57 dynamic microphone that I'm
interested in buying that I might get for $99.99, but would also like
to know if there's anywhere else that might offer better bargains.

Thanks!

Sharon

Mervin Keck

Sep 14, 2011, 6:08:17 PM9/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Most of my gear including PA, Live Recording, Guitar, & Bass over the last
20 years has come from Musicians Friend or Sam Ash. Most of the time I can
get a deal with free shipping. http://www.musiciansfriend.com

blind5sparrow

Hi!

Thanks!

Sharon

--
Note:
Update the subject line before replying

-----
No virus found in this message.

Stephen Martin

Sep 14, 2011, 6:36:07 PM9/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
Everywher prettty much sells things for the same price, the advantage of most online retailors is no sales tax and free shipping, though most are only on orderes over $99. The exceptions being full compass or sweetwater. www.fullcompass.com will have all the same prices on their website as all the other retailors but if u call and order over the phone u will get a much better price. Sweetwater.com sells for the same price as any retailor but includes a 2 year warranty with everything they sell at no extra cost in addation to whatever warrranty u get from the manufacturer and u wont pay shipping on any order nomatter the price of the item and sales tax only if you are in the same state as they are, which i believe is Indiana.

colin McDonald

Sep 15, 2011, 4:41:15 AM9/15/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
yep, 99 bucks is pretty much the going rate for an SM57 these days.
You might get it for a few bucks less online, but then you'll have to pay
shipping for it anyway.

I can't remember what you have, but make sure you have something to plug
that mike into that will match the microphone's impedance to your sound
card...a small mixer will do the trick.

regards
Colin

Sep 15, 2011, 9:03:40 AM9/15/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com
I'd recommend looking at:

http://www.samashmusic.com

They're here in my area, but I think you can have them ship the products. I
got a really really nice 10 channel Yamaha mixer, and a Samsung phantom
powered xlr microphone for just under $200. You'd not believe the quality!
It's breath-taking.

Chris.

Sep 14, 2011, 5:57:27 PM9/14/11
to audio...@googlegroups.com